Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 February 2019 02:09
rooster59

Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

Recommended Posts

Initially looked good , I would be happy not to do the yearly extension renewal....but...

3 million tied up and not usable.....and what are the conditions 1.5 million can be used.

Medical insurance is usually renewed annually,  not in 5 year blocks.

 

As it is a visa, I guess it must be obtained in my home country, so how do I verify 3 million in a Thai bank account?

How do I get Thai company medical insurance and why would I do that prior to getting the visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SheepLover said:

A 10 year visa that lasts for 5 years and maybe another 5 years or maybe not............?

It will be a 5 year multiple entry visa that can be renewed when it expires and then another 5 years if you meet the requirements for renewals. Only money in the bank and insurance will needed for the renewals.

I have read the translation of the announcement in the royal gazette.

You can reduce the 3 million to as little as 1.5 million in the bank after one year if used for certain purposes. The 1.5 million will be needed for the renewal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I read it, the requirements include cash in a Thai bank account and medical insurance with a Thai company, you have to acquire these before you are issued with your visa to travel to Thailand.

 

I'm assuming that you're expected to travel to Thailand as a regular visitor to open a bank account and source insurance from a Thai company, then travel back to your home country to apply for the first of your five year visas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Yeah, those extra 8 or 9 visits to immigration over a 10 year period to extend your stay are surely worth such a small amount of money :-)

Still have to do 90 day reports + usually, if poss,  combine annual renewal w/ report anyway.....

Plus, it's a 5 + 5 Visa , not fully 10 yrs!

 

Edited by eggers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can we trust that Thailand will be stable for 10 Years and trust them to take good care of our money  ????? :unsure:


As a foreigner? No way

Better put your money in Crypto( Bitcoin, Ripple , Etherum, DASH, Monero, Litecoin ) buy real stocks ( dividends). and real gold (safety)



My ETH made yummy 3000% this year and my ZEC 1000%. HEHE :-)

Go BTC!

Gesendet von meinem LG-H990 mit Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theoldgit said:

I'm assuming that you're expected to travel to Thailand as a regular visitor to open a bank account and source insurance from a Thai company, then travel back to your home country to apply for the first of your five year visas. 

In the announcement it appears immigration will be able to issue the visas also. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can reduce the 3 million to as little as 1.5 million in the bank after one year if used for certain purposes. The 1.5 million will be needed for the renewal.

That is not what it says in the OP.

 

" - 3 million baht must be kept in account for one year, can be reduced to 1.5 million under certain conditions "

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

As I read it, the requirements include cash in a Thai bank account and medical insurance with a Thai company, you have to acquire these before you are issued with your visa to travel to Thailand.

 

I'm assuming that you're expected to travel to Thailand as a regular visitor to open a bank account and source insurance from a Thai company, then travel back to your home country to apply for the first of your five year visas. 

If you live in Thailand and work overseas its not that difficult

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Yeah I got 90k USD that I don't need. I'll just put it in a Thai Account for 10 years instead of making money with it.

I mean it's so worth it not to do lineups as often at immigration.

 

 

Leave in bank for 1 year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...