BANGKOK 21 February 2019 20:25
rooster59

Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

What if one is too old to get insurance ? Otherwise it looks like a good deal as long as the 10,000 Bht includes the multiple exit re-entry stamp.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

That is not what it says in the OP.

" - 3 million baht must be kept in account for one year, can be reduced to 1.5 million under certain conditions "

Same same. Just different words.

It says what the 1.5 million can be used for. In example a condo or vehicle purchase. The money can only be spent here.

Interesting that New Zealand has been left off that list.

I wonder what you need to do to get 1.5 million back after the first year?

I wonder if that 1.5 million has to go back in for the visa renewal?

Seems like a crazy idea with this country becoming more and more unstable by the week.

• Like 1

Bitcoin or gold (not gold shares).

52 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I would rather keep it in the stock market/blue chip Co n earn good €£$ still can go to LOS any time without paying for a visa.....Laos is beautiful ?

will the qualifications be different for current retirement visa holders who have been in thailand for ten years? as to the money requirements and insurance? as I understand it insurance is not available for persons over 65? is that true?

Ridiculous.  3M in the bank, for one year.  How about an income of 3+M and no money in the bank, or any combination of income and bank balance.  And now demanding health insurance too, and from a Thai provider.

Now, do away with the 90 day reporting and I MIGHT be tempted.  But only might be, not really sure as I would need to see all the requirements without 90 day reporting.

2 minutes ago, Deez said:

Wake up Thailand. My (Thai) wife just got a 10 year multiple entry USA visa with no 90 days reporting for 6000 Baht and a Canadian 5 year multiple entry visa no 90 day reporting for 5500 baht.   

Sure but how long can stay in the US or Canada without leaving. Certainly not one year or more.

3 minutes ago, Deez said:

Wake up Thailand. My (Thai) wife just got a 10 year multiple entry USA visa with no 90 days reporting for 6000 Baht and a Canadian 5 year multiple entry visa no 90 day reporting for 5500 baht.   

So much agree Thailand needs to catch up, and also maybe UK not sure of the cost there but doubt it so reasonable

An additional comment The USA one is despite their tightening of control

I think how you feel about this depends a lot on your regular income.  BUT,  even if you meet the financial requirements, a major contradiction I haven't seen discussed is the insurance. When first contemplated this visa was supposedly aimed at medical tourism and that may still be their basic idea.  However, even living here, if you need medical care, you more than likely have "pre-existing conditions" that will generally deny you the Thai Health Insurance, or at least deny coverage for those conditions.

• Like 2

Thailand is know to be an Indian giver type of managements when it comes

to all immigrations ' give and allow ' new laws and rules,

there's absolutely no guarantee that the schema will not be rescinded or watered

down the tracks in a few years,  if anything I have learned chasing all sorts of

visas in this country is that nothing is curved in stone or etched in marble when it

come to the immigration.....

• Like 1