Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

rooster59

23 minutes ago, dutchbull said:

It is only interesting for some people if you can skip the 90 days visit to immigration....also miss our Belgium friends in this list

And why are all the Asian countries, South American many European countries missing from the list? Must be considered second class people by the HiSo Thai rulers.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Catkiwi said:

Lol, why don't you take an aspirin and chill out Pumpjack whilst those of us whom have families, own properties and like living here discuss how we can stay on a longer term basis. What's in the water there in Sihanookville?

sihanoukville in cambodia is absolutely beautifull and has everything that an expat needs and more.   visa for 1 year stay is only $120

I just came back from Kom Pong Som S-Ville - everything you need??  Yeah right - street gangs, Motorcycle Gangs, drugs, under age hookers, scamming Northern Europeans................take off your rose colored glasses, or sober up before you post - I lived in Cambodia for 2 years, only go back for Visa's from time to time now...........

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be a 5 year multiple entry visa that can be renewed when it expires and then another 5 years if you meet the requirements for renewals. Only money in the bank and insurance will needed for the renewals.

I have read the translation of the announcement in the royal gazette.

You can reduce the 3 million to as little as 1.5 million in the bank after one year if used for certain purposes. The 1.5 million will be needed for the renewal.

Could you kindly share the official announement in the royal gazette? Thanks so much!

4 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

And why are all the Asian countries, South American many European countries missing from the list? Must be considered second class people by the HiSo Thai rulers.

Not rich enough, just like the Kiwis.

1,900 a year, a few easy bits of paper, 15 minutes in the immigration office (Hua Hin).  I will stay as I am thanks.  I dont really take any notice of these stupid things.  just do what is necessary, ignore all the bullshit and just enjoy.

Just now, Catkiwi said:

Not rich enough, just like the Kiwis.

Yeah the Elite here must believe that there are no  rich people in Luxemburg, Belgium, Kiwiland or in Singapore!!!! (But what sane Singaporean would bank in 3 M THB just to get a 5 year visa to stay in a place like Thailand?) 

4 hours ago, Thaifly88 said:

Unless this replaces the current retirement visa requirements, there appears to be no advantage and some downsides. I would expect that it will replace the current arrangements, perhaps phased in, over time.

The insurance requirement will address what is a real problem of older, sick foreigners with little financial resources using the Thai hospital system and being unable to pay for their care.

The insurance requirement really doesn't address the issue, because older people may not be able to get Thai insurance.  Granted if they don't get it, they don't get the visa, so the issues "solved".  Maybe they will now offer "special tourist friendly insurance", special for you!  Of course the 1.5 or 3 million baht could be available for them to pull if you incurred a bill.

Side stepping a little from the visa issue why are so many of you so hellbent on putting Thai Banks down.

If you check out the big 5 here their equity is better than most banks in the world along with their withdrawal 

requirements pretty tough  (only to protect your money)

9 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Yeah the Elite here must believe that there are no  rich people in Luxemburg, Belgium, Kiwiland or in Singapore!!!! (But what sane Singaporean would bank in 3 M THB just to get a 5 year visa to stay in a place like Thailand?) 

SSSSTTTT....!! :smile:...our Min.of Finance  government service might read it .....:smile:

"The Non O X visa does not replace the current annual retirement extension."

What kind of "double-speak" is this?

A requirement for a Retirement Visa is that an applicant must be over 50 years old right?

Doesn't the Non O X replace the Retirement Extension?

Does a retired person not qualify for a Non X O visa, and still have to get the B1,900 annual Retirement Extension?

As I recall Thai insurance companies will not insure anyone over 60 years old or with a pre-existing condition, i.e. diabetes.

As Quaindo and other commenters point out there is the question of TRUST in the government and banks.

Malaysia's 10 year retirement visa program is not perfect, but much more friendly than what Thailand offers.

God what a bunch of whiners !!! 

Dont like it, dont use it.. Personally I think its superb, I often have a few mil in a Thai bank account, I can show a (non Thai) income in far excess of that.. I want to have the freedom to be in and out of the country when I want, not looking at when an extension expires and I have to be back incountry for that time. 

Its perfect for me.. I just wish it was 'high net worth' for people under 50 (even at double or treble the amounts).. I only hope its still around in 7 years time when I am 50. Its another great addition alongside the pure Pay4Play Elite version. 

Sure for penny pinching retirees with too much time on thier hands, it doesnt suit.. 

do I miss something out here? What about the Non O A? No time restrictions and just normal requirements for financial back up. Why would  someone want O X if he can have O A? Maybe I missunderstand the O A?

18 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Side stepping a little from the visa issue why are so many of you so hellbent on putting Thai Banks down.

If you check out the big 5 here their equity is better than most banks in the world along with their withdrawal 

requirements pretty tough  (only to protect your money)

I think the Thai banks give a meager return interest -wise so having up to THB 3 M tied up there is not enticing for many.

Security on line etc in Thai banks is pretty good, but helping their bottom line at the expense of your own is counter-intuitive, unless you have the money sitting in a non performing asset

what is it with the stupid outpatient coverage requirement?

you have to be 50 years old.......

and have 40,000 baht of absolutely useless outpatient ****cover****... along with keep a couple million Baht sitting in a retail bank account with a negative real yield.... hellooooo????

another example of "cut and paste" mentality where you don't actually think about stuff.... at all..... from within any framework or perspective... and just simply "cut and paste" some nonsense together....

N.B.:
having or not having 40,000 Thai Baht of outpatient ****cover**** IS JUST AS IMPORTANT FOR THIS VISA... as being or not being 50 years of age.

THAT IS REALLY STUPID.  inpatient cover yeah.... I get that..... and any non-Thai... even Dr. Faber... but maybe not Bill Gates (if he lived here).... that doesn't ALREADY have a XXXX card to show a hospital..... then something is up.  or not up.

but OUT patient cover.. of 40,000 baht of it. it costs what? almost ****nothing**** but you have to select a plan with that coverage in it..... and for what? what is it good for? (there's only one Thai insurer for health cover... don't believe me.. check the official Thai insurance dept website... there's only one ...plus a few tiny nobody insurers... that no one would use).

so BUPA can cancel your VISA... at any time (one company, a private one) for a 40,000 baht a year outpatient requirement.

forget the inpatient, we get it. we got it. everyone does. even contract school "teachers" do (or better have) that would otherwise only have a Social Security card... at best, normally.  inpatient cover.... just for the ID card to be admitted....... of course.... but outpatient cover???????  it messes up which plans you can select for INPATIENT COVER. the important one.

Absurd....All of the buildings here over 20 years old even the best ones are falling apart. The new ones you cannot even live in hardly due to the paper thin walls built by cheap labor. Ten years? What a joke. I will most certainly die in a road rage accident before then. Or from the pollution.  Or local unnatural causes, accidental balcony jump etc.

4 minutes ago, maewang99 said:

what is it with the stupid outpatient coverage requirement?

you have to 50 years old.......

and have 40,000 baht of absolutely useless inpatient cover.

absolutely useless.  so 40,000 baht of inpatient cover.....

is just as important for this visa....

as being or not being age 50.   

another example of "cut and paste" mentality where you don't actually think about stuff.... at all..... from any perspective... at all..... you cut and paste some nonsense together.

having 40,000 of inpatient coverage IS JUST AS IMPORTANT FOR THIS VISA... as being or not being 50 years of age.

THAT IS REALLY STUPID.  inpatient yeah.... I get that..... and if someone.. any farlang especially.. even Dr,. Faber maybe .... doesn't have a XXXX card to show a hospital..... and they don't a Thai ID Card.. or travel insurance...... then something is up.  or not up.

nuts.

- Health insurance provided by Thai company, Outpatient coverage minimum 40,000 baht, Inpatient coverage not less than 100,000 thousand baht

6 hours ago, merijn said:

I don't see the advantage of this.

You can get easily a one year extension based in retirement for 1900 baht.

If you have the money for the 10 year visa and are forced to tie up the money why would you not go for the normal 1 year extension instead?

...with all the corruption being cleaned up there must be quite a reduced cash flow...good ole farang will prop up your banking system for you...hmm...wonder what the feasibility is to form our own Thai bank !

23 minutes ago, Capt Rob said:

I think the Thai banks give a meager return interest -wise so having up to THB 3 M tied up there is not enticing for many.

Security on line etc in Thai banks is pretty good, but helping their bottom line at the expense of your own is counter-intuitive, unless you have the money sitting in a non performing asset

"meager return interest -wise". Not compared to the UK at the moment - 0.5%

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes mate, of course it did.

:laugh:

I believe him. I've made an absolute killing with BTC.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sure but how long can stay in the US or Canada without leaving. Certainly not one year or more.

6 months at a time. No check-in, nada. Very easy and convenient.

1 minute ago, sambum said:

"meager return interest -wise". Not compared to the UK at the moment - 0.5%

my E.U. country 0.10 now , so Thai banks look generous with 0.50  comparing ...just received my interest as they give 2 times a year , no 12 month waiting

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

sihanoukville in cambodia is absolutely beautifull and has everything that an expat needs and more.   visa for 1 year stay is only $120

I just came back from Kom Pong Som S-Ville - everything you need??  Yeah right - street gangs, Motorcycle Gangs, drugs, under age hookers, scamming Northern Europeans................take off your rose colored glasses, or sober up before you post - I lived in Cambodia for 2 years, only go back for Visa's from time to time now...........

Sounds like Pattaya.

Archived