BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Plus, the reality is the majority of Thais, although they often don't speak publicly, are embarrassed by this activity and would like to see these places closed forever.

and you know that because...............................

Most of the Thais I know don't give a monkey's about Pattaya and thousands of them go there every weekend.

Almost all the people that work and live there are Thais.

3 hours ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

The jack o tar bar, the no hassle bar near the bottom of soi 6 is shuttered and a for sale sign on the door

Guess they saw this coming

LOL. Bars are always closed/ for sale in Pattaya. Absolutely nothing unusual about that, plus it's low season, when bars are usually up for sale.

However, in the new regime it would be foolish to buy one.

3 hours ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

Wrong
They come to work as bar girls because they are lazy cows.

They send money back home because it's expected.

That's the truth.

How many bar girls do you know then?

One big UK investor down there must be feeling the pinch, he seemed to think soi6 was untouchable, but for me, if you were going to try and clean up , that would be the first place you start

21 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Boo hoo. Long time  coming. The crackdown will probably prevent a few people from contracting HIV and Hepatitis and keep a few people from sexploitation.

However, the reality is that this crackdown will go away in a week or so, just like the crackdown did in Patong and in Bangkok  etc. The bars will be back in action within a few weeks.

Actually, I truly believe I am witnessing the last days of "old Thailand" and the complete extermination of Soi 6 in the near future. 

There are now 2 huge developments in the city and I am sure the big money who invested in Central and Terminal 21 will like to have this street that sits right in the middle to disappear. 

I could honestly care less for the owners or the ladies. Most of the world manages just fine to get by without prostitution. I doubt anyone would care if I lost my job and I doubt even more that posters here care about "poor families". It affects them specifically hence all the whining, complaining and the hypocritical "care".

3 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

I was in the TQ a few weeks ago at 7 pm and there was only one other customer in there. Like all the Bars in Pattaya they are very quiet compared to days gone by.

I have also spent far too many hours sitting at the front of 5 Star Bar watching the world go by. Very few families going past. I mean really, whats there to do for families?  Ripley's, a bit of go karting, what else is there to do for a family? Nothing I can think of.

Its the city of sin. Take that away it becomes the city of nothing. They do seem determined to destroy it though. All those bars closing will mean hundreds of thousands of Baht not being paid to Police. Then there will be  hundreds of people soon unemployed.

I mean really, whats there to do for families?  Ripley's, a bit of go karting, what else is there to do for a family? Nothing I can think of.

Most people that go on holiday seem quite content to slug around the hotel pool- kids in and parents boozing at the bar.

Actually there is plenty for families to do, but I'm happy the reputation keeps them away.

The best solution would be to "clean up" Jomptien and promote that as the family destination and leave Pattaya alone.

Of course that won't happen due to greed and the belief that the illusory hi end tourist will come if only they can close the bars.

41 minutes ago, Penefattore said:

a crackdown in full low season ? that's pure genius :clap2:  ....greedy police appears to have no clue about where their money comes from , same as Immigration officers bouncing back millionaires like me at the airport :whistling: .... keep shooting at your feet guys , you're doing a great job !

It takes quite a lot to get "bounced back" at the airport. Moody back to back visa exempt entries etc If you're a millionaire (Even in baht) you could afford an elite visa. Obviously, you're not so you can't 

5 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Actually, I truly believe I am witnessing the last days of "old Thailand" and the complete extermination of Soi 6 in the near future. 

There are now 2 huge developments in the city and I am sure the big money who invested in Central and Terminal 21 will like to have this street that sits right in the middle to disappear. 

I could honestly care less for the owners or the ladies. Most of the world manages just fine to get by without prostitution. I doubt anyone would care if I lost my job and I doubt even more that posters here care about "poor families". It affects them specifically hence all the whining, complaining and the hypocritical "care".

Most of the world manages just fine to get by without prostitution.

:cheesy:times a million.

The world is awash with prostitution. It's just more user friendly in Thailand.

Do you not know that the THAI prostitution scene is enormous- the farang scene is small potatoes in comparison.

How many bar girls do you know then?

The usual star fish variety.

Are you having some type of deeper and meaningful experience. You married one? Please share

Just now, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

The usual star fish variety.

Are you having some type of deeper and meaningful experience. You married one? Please share

star fish variety?????????

You just didn't seem to know many with your comment.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most of the world manages just fine to get by without prostitution.

:cheesy:times a million.

The world is awash with prostitution. It's just more user friendly in Thailand.

Do you not know that the THAI prostitution scene is enormous- the farang scene is small potatoes in comparison.

Keep laughing and denying because it serves your own self interest.

I come from a poor country and later immigrated to Canada.

The amount of prostitution wasn't even close to Thailand by a long shot..... and to prove my point even you said it.

Yes, I do. It's in their "culture". I never said it will be stopped, but the streets will be cleaned up and Farangs will have harder time finding it. My guess is it will be all done online which may compromise your safety/wallet more.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and you know that because...............................

Most of the Thais I know don't give a monkey's about Pattaya and thousands of them go there every weekend.

Almost all the people that work and live there are Thais.

Do you have regular contact with all configurations of the Thai community?

'... Most of the Thais I know don't give a monkey's about Pattaya and thousands of them go there every weekend. ' Really, every week-end? 

'... Most of the Thais I know don't give a monkey's about Pattaya and thousands of them go there every weekend. Are they all aiming for bars and sex venues? Or perhaps some other activity?

star fish variety?????????

You just didn't seem to know many with your comment.

Oops I just hit a raw nerve of the "my partner is a bar girl" type of reply

Relax bro it's not your job to save them all [emoji16]

Wrong
They come to work as bar girls because they are lazy cows.

They send money back home because it's expected.

That's the truth.

But before they send any money home, they buy a "chic" cell phone, a motorbike, a motorbike for their Thai boyfriend. Then , whatever is left may filter it's way to family.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app