Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

rooster59

20 hours ago, Iamtoofat said:

Maybe for free. Are you gay ? If I was a financially desperate thai and some old hag offered me $40 aud for a shag; yeah I'd do it. Better than being a sub class of human for life. That's the choice many face and in that case yeah it's just a penis.  Focus on fixing the social inequalities and oppression of women if you care so much about prostitution. Rather than taking food away from the mothers to give to hungry children to satisfy your personal moral inclinations. 

Hahaha.... this forum is so full of hypocritical crap.

It seems to me like you are the only one who cares about prostitution and making sure that Thailand maintains the third world status no?

Otherwise, if you are so concerned about mothers feeding their children, you could do a nice thing and just give them 40 bucks instead of expecting sex in return. 

I am sure none of them would refuse such a generous gesture from a Western old man who was privileged to be born in a rich nanny state that provides for their citizens via various programs.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not for the past 30 years.

BTW, in my day it was always expected that the guy pay for everything.

Dunno how old you are but I'm 50 and I've never had problems with women not wanting to pay their own way.

Depends on where and with whom you hung out, I guess.

18 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol coffee has just sprayed everywhere. White western males unique visits to Pattaya 8-10 million   !!  33% of all thailands visitors come to pattaya in that white group of people !

In 2016 the best figures available were just over 300,000 that came to pattaya from that group of people less than 1% of all visitors to Thailand.....that is UNIQUE visitor numbers before you come up with something equally daft. I come 4-5 times yearly but count as 1.....matey boy who comes 10 times a year counts as 1..... thats where I suspect you're getting wildly confused

Each time you come to thailand, even 10 x a year, each visit is registered as a unique visit.  You come to Pattaya 10 x year, those are calculated as 10 unique visits to Pattaya.

I do agree that is really far fetched to state that Pattaya gets 8-10 million unique visits from Western White males, really far fetched. 
Extrapolating figures from Ministry of Tourism and Sports, in high season they got about 930000 (february) and 960000 (january) arrivals from Europe, Americas and Oceania. 

Some more figures just as reference : March 830000, April 610000, May 470000, June 480000, July 640000, August 590000, September 480000,  October 630000, November 820000, December 1032000 (Total comes down to 8470000 arrivals for 2016). 

Even with maximum 20% of these arrivals being for girlie visits, that would be about 1.7 million arrivals destined for places like Phuket, Chang Mai, Pattaya and Bangkok. I am sure I forget some other destinations that receive large numbers of western visitors.  Even with 35% for each Pattaya and Bangkok that would mean Pattaya gets about 540000 arrivals a year from possible white western males (not unique visitor count). 

9 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Work on your presentation and your "game"

Older women have so much more to offer

What is the age of those older women? Because for a 30 yo older women is anyting from 31 and up.

But for a 45 yo, any woman 47 and up are older women.

22 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

I just find it remarkable that so many men have difficulty getting laid with attractive women in their own countries

Not difficult at all. Just depends on the money you have.

But I find it remarkable that someone that gets laid so much by attractive women in his own country still has need for anything Thai.

In my best years, I was disgusted by the whole Thai tourist industry, only from what I read in Papers and heard from friends and family, you might actually
say I was kind of derogatory towards Thai, because anyone could go get laid by beautiful young girls, where was the challenge in that .

1 hour ago, Bastos60 said:

Not difficult at all. Just depends on the money you have.

But I find it remarkable that someone that gets laid so much by attractive women in his own country still has need for anything Thai.

In my best years, I was disgusted by the whole Thai tourist industry, only from what I read in Papers and heard from friends and family, you might actually
say I was kind of derogatory towards Thai, because anyone could go get laid by beautiful young girls, where was the challenge in that .

No it doesn't depend on the money you have. That's just an excuse that men use when their charm/wit/game  or whatever you want to call it doesn't work.

Who says I have a need for anything Thai? I don't but as I live here, it's not as if I'm going to turn offers down, is it?

3 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

No it doesn't depend on the money you have. That's just an excuse that men use when their charm/wit/game  or whatever you want to call it doesn't work.

Who says I have a need for anything Thai? I don't but as I live here, it's not as if I'm going to turn offers down, is it?

True. Not having any doesn't help either. ;)

15 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Hahaha.... this forum is so full of hypocritical crap.

It seems to me like you are the only one who cares about prostitution and making sure that Thailand maintains the third world status no?

Otherwise, if you are so concerned about mothers feeding their children, you could do a nice thing and just give them 40 bucks instead of expecting sex in return. 

I am sure none of them would refuse such a generous gesture from a Western old man who was privileged to be born in a rich nanny state that provides for their citizens via various programs.

Nope.  I want thailand to develop. It won't develop by canceling the sex trade. There is nothing wrong with selling sex.  Do gooders should stay out of the bedroom of others. Usually the same people denouncing the sex industry are those same people promoting ideologies which drive the divide between rich and poor.  Thailand has plenty of money; it is just unequally distributed and corruption reigns supreme.  These are the things hurting thai people. Some 20 year old chick giving a guy a BJ  is utterly irrelevant. 

Regardless of development there will always be women in thailand offering bjs to foreign men; it is their competitive advantage and really isn't that cheap anyway.  No one is being taken advantage of. The girls are well paid. Just leave it alone. 

14 hours ago, Iamtoofat said:

Nope.  I want thailand to develop. It won't develop by canceling the sex trade. There is nothing wrong with selling sex.  Do gooders should stay out of the bedroom of others. Usually the same people denouncing the sex industry are those same people promoting ideologies which drive the divide between rich and poor.  Thailand has plenty of money; it is just unequally distributed and corruption reigns supreme.  These are the things hurting thai people. Some 20 year old chick giving a guy a BJ  is utterly irrelevant. 

Regardless of development there will always be women in thailand offering bjs to foreign men; it is their competitive advantage and really isn't that cheap anyway.  No one is being taken advantage of. The girls are well paid. Just leave it alone. 

Well, I do agree about living it alone as the government should have more pressing matters to take care of and I am certainly not advertising myself as "do gooder".

However, I think this is not government's doing - it's corporations doing. Humans invented evil corporations to minimize anarchy.

Next step in evolution - Blockchain,

On 6/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

The jack o tar bar, the no hassle bar near the bottom of soi 6 is shuttered and a for sale sign on the door

Guess they saw this coming

My guess is they didn't have enough customers.

59 minutes ago, Iamtoofat said:

How can you be so certain that the sex trade isn't retarding Thailand's potential? 

If the sex trade was made illegal, won't sex workers and all of those on the periphery seek employment elsewhere? Perhaps even making things? 

Now, your comments about corruption are spot on. We must not forget, however, there is a relationship between corruption and the sex trade. It is very easy to demand payment from the sex trade (your employees appear to be underage, your employees are not working the correct hours, your workers are providing services in the wrong locations, your workers are not dressed properly, your workers are hassling tourists just walking on the streets, etc.). In short, due to the nature of the trade the possible reasons for demanding payments is ... endless!

Contrast this to attempts to demand payments from a factory where the police would have to show cause in court and be met there by corporate lawyers. 

On 6/18/2017 at 3:14 AM, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

The jack o tar bar, the no hassle bar near the bottom of soi 6 is shuttered and a for sale sign on the door

Guess they saw this coming

Couple these crackdowns with the reduction in Western tourists and the devaluation of the pound, and you have to look at bar ownership as a very high risk enterprise. That is, the competition is fierce for a dwindling customer base.

Now, if your bar attracted Chinese customers, that might be different. I'm not so certain that even that is a good strategy. Chinese don't seem inclined to spend big $'s in bars.

I would advise caution on investing in any "partnership" devoted to the bar business. Yes, a partnership "spreads the risk", but you could be buying into a sinking ship that has no chance to right itself.

15 hours ago, Blinky62 said:

Lot more the 300,000 visitors to pattaya , don't know where you get your info from. No

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

for christ sake go and read the explanation for the 300.000 (which I might add comes from TAT) of white western males lol

no one least of all me said there were only 300k all up annually in pattaya in total  !!

Figures from same data suggest 7,345,000 to pattaya in 2016 all nationalties

13 hours ago, Watchful said:

How can you be so certain that the sex trade isn't retarding Thailand's potential? 

If the sex trade was made illegal, won't sex workers and all of those on the periphery seek employment elsewhere? Perhaps even making things? 

Now, your comments about corruption are spot on. We must not forget, however, there is a relationship between corruption and the sex trade. It is very easy to demand payment from the sex trade (your employees appear to be underage, your employees are not working the correct hours, your workers are providing services in the wrong locations, your workers are not dressed properly, your workers are hassling tourists just walking on the streets, etc.). In short, due to the nature of the trade the possible reasons for demanding payments is ... endless!

Contrast this to attempts to demand payments from a factory where the police would have to show cause in court and be met there by corporate lawyers. 

Corporate lawyers for a sweat shop where the unemployed bar girls end up? Thou doth jest.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Bastos60 said:

Each time you come to thailand, even 10 x a year, each visit is registered as a unique visit.  You come to Pattaya 10 x year, those are calculated as 10 unique visits to Pattaya.

I do agree that is really far fetched to state that Pattaya gets 8-10 million unique visits from Western White males, really far fetched. 
Extrapolating figures from Ministry of Tourism and Sports, in high season they got about 930000 (february) and 960000 (january) arrivals from Europe, Americas and Oceania. 

Some more figures just as reference : March 830000, April 610000, May 470000, June 480000, July 640000, August 590000, September 480000,  October 630000, November 820000, December 1032000 (Total comes down to 8470000 arrivals for 2016). 

Even with maximum 20% of these arrivals being for girlie visits, that would be about 1.7 million arrivals destined for places like Phuket, Chang Mai, Pattaya and Bangkok. I am sure I forget some other destinations that receive large numbers of western visitors.  Even with 35% for each Pattaya and Bangkok that would mean Pattaya gets about 540000 arrivals a year from possible white western males (not unique visitor count). 

The islands get large numbers of western tourists. Had Rin gets thousands every month just for the FMP and backpackers don't use bargirls, so not mongers.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. I was wanting to go back to Pattaya in a couple of months, as the nite scene in Chiang Mai is pathetic, but if the authorities get their wish the nite scene will be just as pathetic down there so I might as well stay in C M.

Only travelled to Chiang Mai with my girlfriend at the time. For me nightlife is the same as a place where they have kickboxing and pooltables and a few girls serving drinks.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The islands get large numbers of western tourists. Had Rin gets thousands every month just for the FMP and backpackers don't use bargirls, so not mongers.

Never heard of a single person from the west going to pattaya.  Is phuket experiencing thess kind of  raids? No one I know who admits to going to thailand goes to pattaya.  It's a joke rip think pattaya is popular with non sex touristy westerners. 

19 hours ago, Watchful said:

Utter rubbish.  The worlds richest nations having a flourishing sex trade.  There is always a market for selling sex and has been for centuries, 

1 hour ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Utter rubbish.  The worlds richest nations having a flourishing sex trade.  There is always a market for selling sex and has been for centuries, 

Yes, the richest nations do, but no where near the size of the sex trade in Pattaya. Also, no where near the cost!

Can you imagine our two week millionaires hitting the brothels of Paris, Berlin, London and getting two girls every day? They'd quickly become two day millionaires. 

Truth is this is NOT work that the girls are proud of. With better paying factory jobs,  fewer girls would enter the trade and prices would rise to Western standards.

10 minutes ago, Watchful said:

Yes, the richest nations do, but no where near the size of the sex trade in Pattaya. Also, no where near the cost!

Can you imagine our two week millionaires hitting the brothels of Paris, Berlin, London and getting two girls every day? They'd quickly become two day millionaires. 

Truth is this is NOT work that the girls are proud of. With better paying factory jobs,  fewer girls would enter the trade and prices would rise to Western standards.

Then I guess you have never been to the likes of Valpariso or other Central and south American places ?

4 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Then I guess you have never been to the likes of Valpariso or other Central and south American places ?

Wait a minute... it was you who mentioned and I quote:

"The worlds richest nations having a flourishing sex trade."

Since when did the poor countries of Central America get counted amongst the world's richest nations?  Seems to me you prefer the sex trade NOT in the richest countries, but the poorest of the poor.

Hmmmmm. I was wanting to go back to Pattaya in a couple of months, as the nite scene in Chiang Mai is pathetic, but if the authorities get their wish the nite scene will be just as pathetic down there so I might as well stay in C M.

The only change is that the bars on soi 6 can't serve alcohol until 6pm and the gogos and other bars have to close at 3am. Nothing else has changed, except the availability of ST rooms in gogos.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, Thai Ron said:

I'm not being mean to others. I'm merely stating that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

So what if older women have more wrinkles and a bit more padding?

So do older men.

True. Ageing men get saggy and wrinkly and tend to resemble Sean Connery whereas women of similar age get saggy and wrinkly and tend to look like... Sean Connery.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

True. Ageing men get saggy and wrinkly and tend to resemble Sean Connery whereas women of similar age get saggy and wrinkly and tend to look like... Sean Connery.

Old men here looking like Sean Connery??

I suppose anything's possible with enough alcohol in their system when looking in the mirror

3 hours ago, Watchful said:

Thailand is hardly cheap. Those days are long gone. Sex destinations in Europe are on par with Thailand for price.

I promise you what is running through the girls minds is that they're in a very good position, making a hell of a lot of money and can now buy a lot of things they couldn't before. These are not indoctrinated feminists, they don't see sex and men as something evil. Western culture is very, very anti sex. 

2 hours ago, Watchful said:

Wait a minute... it was you who mentioned and I quote:

"The worlds richest nations having a flourishing sex trade."

Since when did the poor countries of Central America get counted amongst the world's richest nations?  Seems to me you prefer the sex trade NOT in the richest countries, but the poorest of the poor.

Australia and Germany both have a booming sex trade.  Australian girls (as in white born and bread went to a school probably around the corner from where you live) charge about $160 for a half hour and they keep half of it, so $80, or 2000 baht. There are Thai girls charging 2000 baht for a short time, which might only last half an hour. Thailand doesn't really have much of a price advantage anymore, it works out about the same. The difference is the party atmosphere and the girls are prettier on average. 

Archived