Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

rooster59

On 6/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, boomerangutang said:

By not allowing any new bars, the existing bars will increase their comparative business.  Methinks this wrong-headed policy is to cater to existing bar owners, most of whom are police brass or Thai-Chinese VIP's.

You could be right about that. The flip side is with reduced hours, many punters and many girls will get together after hours and completely avoid bar fines.

With Western punters already on the decline, the lost revenue from reduced bar fines will put some bars in a state of distress.

My sense is the big losers in all of this are the owners/investors in bars/go-gos.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I doubt it too. Bar/gogo work pays very well and after years some girls can effectively retire to the house they've built in their village. Good for them!

Then theres the ones who get married and move to Europe the USA Australia etc.

23 pages already? Wow!  All that for nearly nothing! :whistling:

At the exception of Soi 6 who now seems rather desert in the afternoon,

you wouldn't notice many changes in Pattaya following this new "crackdown".

The Walking Street area - mainly - is business as usual, until dawn... :drunk:

On 2017-6-18 at 2:38 PM, kingstonkid said:

To say that this will ruin Pattaya is an over exaggeration.

All the older Americans will remember that Vegas  used to be called sin city.

It had the moniker of an adult only location that had drinking, gambling and prostitution.  Pattaya does not have the legal gambling but it has everything else.

Toronto had the Yonge street strip with it's hookers and strip clubs that caused many people to stay away.  They cleaned it up and big businesses came and it is a big tourist location and generates more money

The challenge is that while a few bars might get a lot of money it is more favourable to have a family oriented location.

There is nothing wrong with having walking street and maybe a few little streets off the side.  

What is a problem is that because of the reputation that families that have more money to spend and have kids that generate more income will stay away.

They can still have the sex and such all they are trying to do is make it more central and less obvious and less distracting.  

A bar is a drinking establishment that too many farang go to get plastered and make nuisance.  The law is already set all they are doing is enforcing it.

Ditto London's Soho, before they shut down all the strip clubs and clip joints.

On 6/30/2017 at 7:08 AM, dbrenn said:

Ditto London's Soho, before they shut down all the strip clubs and clip joints.

Not quite. One perceives a slight difference between UK "plod" and the BIB's expectation of remuneration..... 

As previously mentioned it's likely really about the valuable beachfront property.  First they will clean out soi 6 and someone will make a killing with new developments there.  Second will be the beach side of walking street but not until big dollar resorts shell out.  

18 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I use to hit Soi 6 a lot at 1 or 2 pm.  Just cruised thru and absolutely no music, a few places girls sitting out front mostly doors shut.

Looks like for now they are enforcing this.  We will see..

Sun is setting on sexploitation central and not a moment too soon.

Those who've enjoyed the anonymity that these seedy, grubby dens of iniquity at the U-bend of Pattaya provide must now take the risk of accommodating their wretched service providers under their own roof.

32 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Sun is setting on sexploitation central and not a moment too soon.

Those who've enjoyed the anonymity that these seedy, grubby dens of iniquity at the U-bend of Pattaya provide must now take the risk of accommodating their wretched service providers under their own roof.

I take it your'e not particularly partial to a little afternoon delight then Ron.

Just now, Bannoi said:

I take it your'e not particularly partial to a little afternoon delight then Ron.

I love a little PM delight but I don't need to add to the misery wretched sex workers in brothels endure in order to get it.

So they shut down all the seedy bars, get rid of prostitution, clean up the polluted beach/sea, and families arrive enmasse  to the NEW squeaky clean Pattaya for a family orientated holiday, what happens to the thousands, and I mean thousands of new condo's currently being built ? I see a lot of builders/property developers going belly up.

I am no great fan of the way Pattaya has developed over the years I have been coming here / living here, 12 to 13 years ago it was a different animal, now it is as unsafe as it has ever been and I never venture into town unless we have visitors who want to visit Walking Street.

Soon it will all be gone, sorry guys but I think Pattaya,s days are numbered.

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

So they shut down all the seedy bars, get rid of prostitution, clean up the polluted beach/sea, and families arrive enmasse  to the NEW squeaky clean Pattaya for a family orientated holiday, what happens to the thousands, and I mean thousands of new condo's currently being built ? I see a lot of builders/property developers going belly up.

I am no great fan of the way Pattaya has developed over the years I have been coming here / living here, 12 to 13 years ago it was a different animal, now it is as unsafe as it has ever been and I never venture into town unless we have visitors who want to visit Walking Street.

and for those who have never visited pussy paradise, they just need to check out the numerous videos of Pattaya street fights, bashings to get a fairer idea...

pity, as it was a safe version of Sin City that became a mess with much of the trouble caused by drunk foreign scumbags or criminals...the authorities should rather start cleaning up the trouble makers and immediately deport such type of unwanted ruffians instead of closing the bars....

Except they're not shutting anything down!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Except they're not shutting anything down!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not yet no, but they have already started to enforce the legitimate opening hours on Soi 6 bars, other areas will follow. They will just slowly chip away at it, day by day, week by week, month by month, then the owners start to get hacked off and chuck the towel in, trust me it won't take long, the times they are a changing, as much as you may dislike it or disagree with what I say I think you will find that in the long run I will be proved right.

Not yet no, but they have already started to enforce the legitimate opening hours on Soi 6 bars, other areas will follow. They will just slowly chip away at it, day by day, week by week, month by month, then the owners start to get hacked off and chuck the towel in, trust me it won't take long, the times they are a changing, as much as you may dislike it or disagree with what I say I think you will find that in the long run I will be proved right.

You could be right but I don't see any evidence of this. The have been bouts of licensing enforcement in the past; it's not something new. I bet it is back to normal within 10 days.

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Bye bye Pattaya. Welcome to Hua Hin (Pattaya with a touch of class).

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I dont see that happening.  Things get enforced for one reason or another from time to time and then everything falls back to normal. 

I dont see that happening.  Things get enforced for one reason or another from time to time and then everything falls back to normal. 

What are the actual legal
hours out of interest?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Meh. Can't say I care that much. The quality of women has gone down and that was always the biggest selling point to me. They need to let the majority of aged 35+ bar wenches go back to Isaan and bring in some hot chicks from neighboring countries. I first visited Pattaya in 2004 and there was much more cute and friendly little Isaan darlings greeting customers. 

15 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Meh. Can't say I care that much. The quality of women has gone down and that was always the biggest selling point to me. They need to let the majority of aged 35+ bar wenches go back to Isaan and bring in some hot chicks from neighboring countries. I first visited Pattaya in 2004 and there was much more cute and friendly little Isaan darlings greeting customers. 

inflation seems to be hitting all!!...looks like those chesty cuties got scared of the new comming testosteroned gangsta' types and are afraid to take over the new generation shifts!!

5 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

They need to let the majority of aged 35+ bar wenches go back to Isaan and bring in some hot chicks from neighboring countries. I first visited Pattaya in 2004 and there was much more cute and friendly little Isaan darlings greeting customers. 

The girls now are the same ones as in 2004; just 13 years older.

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

numbered a few years ago.....nothing going for it now, as for a family holiday yer watch your kids pick up a rash in the water then take them to a animal cruelty show at the Tiger zoo....

9 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

The hot girls are still around but social media's given them the ability to meet farang guys they actually WANT (younger, not constrained by fixed income budget) without having to perform for fat, sweaty losers in a gogo bar for X hours a night.

Can't blame them - don't we all want better work conditions, more money and fewer hours?

9 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

The hot girls are still around but social media's given them the ability to meet farang guys they actually WANT (younger, not constrained by fixed income budget) without having to perform for fat, sweaty losers in a gogo bar for X hours a night.

Can't blame them - don't we all want better work conditions, more money and fewer hours?

You are right use them all the time.  I think some are afraid that their wives might find out but if/as Pats continues the crack down, these sites will/are becoming more valuable.

Archived