rooster59

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

What are the actual legal
hours out of interest?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not in the bar business so I dont know.   I do know it depends on the type of license you have. I believe the beer bars and gogo bars are not allowed to open before 6pm. Closing time is 12am unless you are in certain entertainment zones. 

11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Instagram

bbi1; where have you been hiding? This particular topic needs you. Your quick-fire repartee and non-poignant replies have been missed.

Instagram!

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

bbi1; where have you been hiding? This particular topic needs you. Your quick-fire repartee and non-poignant replies have been missed.

Instagram!

Sorry, I've been touring the Agogo's & Soapies with David Beckham while working as his personal bodyguard.

22 minutes ago, roderick17 said:

Respectable people - pray tell who are you talking about?

Good point. Respectable people! I guess people that deserve respect.

I know a couple; husband and wife. Came to Thailand to experience the LOS hospitality. Back in UK. Not coming again. Disappointment all round. Maybe should have gone to Hua Hin or Phuket not Pattaya.

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

Sorry, I've been touring the Agogo's & Soapies with David Beckham while working as his personal bodyguard.

Yes; that's what I thought.

I've been playing chess and tending to the cows. Done some photography in the woods. Bird watching that sort of thing.

On July 5, 2017 at 6:04 AM, Golden Triangle said:

Not yet no, but they have already started to enforce the legitimate opening hours on Soi 6 bars, other areas will follow. They will just slowly chip away at it, day by day, week by week, month by month, then the owners start to get hacked off and chuck the towel in, trust me it won't take long, the times they are a changing, as much as you may dislike it or disagree with what I say I think you will find that in the long run I will be proved right.

So how many decades have you been saying this? This junta regime is getting well past it's best before date so if they are just at the stage of getting a few of the bars to close on time I don't like their chances of clearing out the town. Also I think the bars and their landlords have more staying power than the songthauw mafia and look how the new route system worked with them. 

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Good point. Respectable people! I guess people that deserve respect.

I know a couple; husband and wife. Came to Thailand to experience the LOS hospitality. Back in UK. Not coming again. Disappointment all round. Maybe should have gone to Hua Hin or Phuket not Pattaya.

It's 2017, tell them to check places out on Google before traveling. 

It definitely is not for everyone.  Most of the people in my home area would hate it.  They stay at snotty high end resorts in Hawaii or Mexico.  I haven't seen many if any US our EU tour groups here.  Maybe this says something about the quality of the holiday spots in or near China or even Russia, I don't know.

I would never recommend this place to any couple of any age from my home area for a holiday.

Single old farts like me yes, you should go go go!

On June 17, 2017 at 11:38 PM, kingstonkid said:

To say that this will ruin Pattaya is an over exaggeration.

All the older Americans will remember that Vegas  used to be called sin city.

It had the moniker of an adult only location that had drinking, gambling and prostitution.  Pattaya does not have the legal gambling but it has everything else.

Toronto had the Yonge street strip with it's hookers and strip clubs that caused many people to stay away.  They cleaned it up and big businesses came and it is a big tourist location and generates more money

The challenge is that while a few bars might get a lot of money it is more favourable to have a family oriented location.

There is nothing wrong with having walking street and maybe a few little streets off the side.  

What is a problem is that because of the reputation that families that have more money to spend and have kids that generate more income will stay away.

They can still have the sex and such all they are trying to do is make it more central and less obvious and less distracting.  

A bar is a drinking establishment that too many farang go to get plastered and make nuisance.  The law is already set all they are doing is enforcing it.

I checked the Brass Rail is still on Yonge st.

On June 17, 2017 at 11:38 PM, kingstonkid said:

To say that this will ruin Pattaya is an over exaggeration.

All the older Americans will remember that Vegas  used to be called sin city.

It had the moniker of an adult only location that had drinking, gambling and prostitution.  Pattaya does not have the legal gambling but it has everything else.

Toronto had the Yonge street strip with it's hookers and strip clubs that caused many people to stay away.  They cleaned it up and big businesses came and it is a big tourist location and generates more money

The challenge is that while a few bars might get a lot of money it is more favourable to have a family oriented location.

There is nothing wrong with having walking street and maybe a few little streets off the side.  

What is a problem is that because of the reputation that families that have more money to spend and have kids that generate more income will stay away.

They can still have the sex and such all they are trying to do is make it more central and less obvious and less distracting.  

A bar is a drinking establishment that too many farang go to get plastered and make nuisance.  The law is already set all they are doing is enforcing it.

I checked the Brass Rail is still on Yonge St.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, Bastos60 said:

And the BS keeps coming....people working in the tourist industry are usually not locally sourced. It is a major employer but people all over Thailand will come to any tourist destination in search of employment. Money will always flow back to support their families. But sending back 50% on 20K or sending back 25% on 10K which would be better.
And yes, spending needs to be diverse, you want maximum employment and not maximum spending on the few accommodations.

If they reduce the number of agogo's and beer bars to the numbers from 2006 that would already be a big improvement. 

people working in the tourist industry

LOL. You really missed the point he was making.

Re the number of beerbars etc, there have been too many since the mid to late 90s.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, ericthai said:

They said this when Taksin got strict on things.  Like everything else in Thailand, there is a shake up for a little time and then back to normal.  

Also saying Thais will never allow a foreigner to make money  in Thailand is ridiculous.  I have several expat friends that have successful business in Thailand.  My partners and I built our company up and then sold it to another foreign company for a very nice return. When we started our company we got nothing but help from the Thai government. 

Not so. The nite scene NEVER got back to "normal" after purachai laid waste to it. It was brilliant in the mid 90s, but I doubt we will ever see it's like again.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, the guest said:

Please with a 1% unemployment rate in the country, there are many jobs to choose. I for one won't be sad if they totally close down all the seedy bars in Thailand, and force the women to do respectable jobs like everybody else. If tourism is balanced on these type of establishments, then perhaps Thailand can be excused for not wanting these type of 'sex' tourists.

Do you protest the prostitution in YOUR country?

You obviously have no idea of the type of jobs available to uneducated women in Thailand, or you wouldn't be making such statements.

force the women to do respectable jobs like everybody else

Seems that you must like dictatorship!

Just now, Iamtoofat said:

They are superior to mongers who spend 2 weeks a year in Thailand living a fantasy.

They spend their dosh just the same. Every beer the 'mongers' drink the government gets paid and every night they spend in a posh 600 Baht a night hotel the government gets paid. Every time they shell out 300 Baht for a bit of female bedroom company someone some where gets the benefit. It is all foreign currency coming into the country.

I have never understood the judgement of the girls or for the act.  In majority of cases is a personal agreement between 2 willing parties, so why the beef?  It is truly a stupid law where it is illegal in my opinion what a waste of resources.

As far as what they do here, or anywhere in the world it is a multi billion dollar business.  But if I was a hot chick and knew many guys would pay to boom me, why not?  Better then working in some department store for literally nothing.

In the big picture they truly are trying to make a better life.  For themselves and their families many of these girls have sick or destitute relatives they want to help. So in many cases here it is not some selfish game.  I have met many nice, kind working ladies here and other places so they are not a bunch of bad people....

On 7/7/2017 at 8:13 AM, bkk6060 said:

I have never understood the judgement of the girls or for the act.  In majority of cases is a personal agreement between 2 willing parties, so why the beef?  It is truly a stupid law where it is illegal in my opinion what a waste of resources.

As far as what they do here, or anywhere in the world it is a multi billion dollar business.  But if I was a hot chick and knew many guys would pay to boom me, why not?  Better then working in some department store for literally nothing.

In the big picture they truly are trying to make a better life.  For themselves and their families many of these girls have sick or destitute relatives they want to help. So in many cases here it is not some selfish game.  I have met many nice, kind working ladies here and other places so they are not a bunch of bad people....

IMO, only 2 words matter....Consenting Adults

On 7/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, Thai Ron said:

Sun is setting on sexploitation central and not a moment too soon.

Those who've enjoyed the anonymity that these seedy, grubby dens of iniquity at the U-bend of Pattaya provide must now take the risk of accommodating their wretched service providers under their own roof.

I bet Thai Ron is fun at parties :saai:

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Bar beers and Gogos have been part of Thailand since at least the 60s. If some don't like that, why are they even in Thailand?

Seems that some posters would prefer Saudi. They'd love it there. Not a bar beer or bargirl in sight.

The "bar beers"  weren't around in the sixties.    I came here in 1967 and plenty of bars and some go-go places  but "bar beers" weren't yet established.      If I had to guess the bar beers started to appear around the mid to late seventies.

Archived