BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

41 minutes ago, keith101 said:

they will lose so many tourists the place will be like a ghost town and all the locals who rely on them for some kind of income may turn to crime which inturn will further decrease the number of tourists .

Boo hoo. Long time  coming. The crackdown will probably prevent a few people from contracting HIV and Hepatitis and keep a few people from sexploitation.

However, the reality is that this crackdown will go away in a week or so, just like the crackdown did in Patong and in Bangkok  etc. The bars will be back in action within a few weeks.

Prediction, soi 6 the hub of Thai language schools with rooms for private lessons, they will even go and buy a beer from 7/11 on your behalf.

28 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I can understand it, but I don't understand it. Pattaya was and is and could continue to be a huge money maker for everybody.  Just call a spade a spade and let things be like they were in oh I would say 2004 or 2005.  Soi 6 was a fine place for a quiet break from the afternoon heat, as was the welcom inn a few sois over.  Why in the world are they making the place so less friendly for so many people that would go there?

Less friendly for sex tourists, but more friendly for families and respectable people.

5 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Boo hoo. Long time  coming. The crackdown will probably prevent a few people from contracting HIV and Hepatitis and keep a few people from sexploitation.

It will just move it somewhere else, at least in the bar situation the girls are required to get regular health checks, and working in a bar the girls are less likely to be beaten up or kidnapped etc.

Shutdown everything that Pattaya has become infamous for and the place will die, the city doesn't have the natural amenities or infrastructure to appeal to family's  or high end tourists there are so many other better places and beaches.

The General and Hi-So's don't care about the small people it's only when the big players i.e. large shopping mall owners, large hotel chains in other words big money with influence start hurting and complaining that things will ease up or even go into reverse.

One possible solution would be to move the bars and go-go's further back away from the beach and tourist area to say between Third Road and Sukhumvit out of sight out of mind.

They will just drive more prostitution on to the streets - making it unsafe for the customers and the prostitutes. Should just make it legal. 

6 minutes ago, Bannoi said:

Shutdown everything that Pattaya has become infamous for and the place will die, the city doesn't have the natural amenities or infrastructure to appeal to family's  or high end tourists there are so many other better places and beaches.

The General and Hi-So's don't care about the small people it's only when the big players i.e. large shopping mall owners, large hotel chains in other words big money with influence start hurting and complaining that things will ease up or even go into reverse.

One possible solution would be to move the bars and go-go's further back away from the beach and tourist area to say between Third Road and Sukhumvit out of sight out of mind.

that makes perfect sense put soi 6 next to where they built that now working computer centre highrise shopping centre next to foodland there and move that shopping complex down to the beach location .... perfect thinking !!! Shame they wern't in thinking mode the day construction and or approval commenced!!!!  There may be hope for some sign of intelligence ...one day but I won't hold my breath!!

More terribly misguided policy from Little P. Is he a recent Christian convert? What's up? Who benefits from this "crackdown"? Nobody that I can think of.

The only consolation in all of this, is the fact that Little P. does not have the ability to concentrate, nor the ability, willingness, vision, or capacity to follow up on anything he says. That is why all of his policies last anywhere from 48 hours, to 7 days. So a week from now, you can rest assured, it will be business as usual.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

So in the end....30K--50K girls lose work.....not too many girls, definitely not too many men.....but the families will love it!

Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia get ready!

Yeah I'm sure they'll be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of an army of sexually depraved losers cruising their streets looking to get laid.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

More terribly misguided policy from Little P. Is he a recent Christian convert? What's up? Who benefits from this "crackdown"? Nobody that I can think of.

The only consolation in all of this, is the fact that Little P. does not have the ability to concentrate, nor the ability, willingness, vision, or capacity to follow up on anything he says. That is why all of his policies last anywhere from 48 hours, to 7 days. So a week from now, you can rest assured, it will be business as usual.

Thanks for the assurance .....for a moment there I was starting to get concerned!!!!

14 minutes ago, Bannoi said:

Agreed.

56 minutes ago, connda said:

How about all the Thai oriented Karaoke bars and hostess establishments?  

What about them?

Why do you think the Western media knows so very little about the massive industry catering to the locals here? That's right - that industry is much less visible. It doesn't have whores standing outside under neon signs with placards advertising what they'll do for 500 baht.

52 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

:blink:Reads like the guy is a newbe from Switzerland who has no clue how the business works in LOS.:cheesy:

and of course as you know better, please honour your humble readers with your more detailed enlightment on how things work in LOS?:clap2::clap2::clap2:

3 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

What about them?

Why do you think the Western media knows so very little about the massive industry catering to the locals here? That's right - that industry is much less visible. It doesn't have whores standing outside under neon signs with placards advertising what they'll do for 500 baht.

No, the neon signs are replaced with flashing fairy lights. The rest is pretty much the same. 

the bar  girls  will suffer as will their families.......... ah well back to the rice fields