Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

rooster59

On 6/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, keith101 said:

they will lose so many tourists the place will be like a ghost town and all the locals who rely on them for some kind of income may turn to crime which inturn will further decrease the number of tourists .

Spot on! I used to go to Pattaya mostly for the entertainment; not the dirty beaches, water, and roads. Mess Pattaya up in this regard too, and the Thais employed in Pattaya's tourism industry will have to follow the jobs and tourists to Subic Bay, Sihanoukville, and Nha Trang. Chok dee!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, Peterw42 said:

I would say the ones that are still open sell food and are therefore restaurants that sell drinks and not bars, expect a few hastily printed menus and a microwave.

There is one other possible explanation for this anomaly.

The United Nations report on Thailand Tourism ---Must be incorrect Because-:

"No ones in my Bar"............:wub:

Thailand is the eleventh most-visited country in the world and boasted the sixth largest tourism industry by revenue , according to a *U.N. report* . Most travelers come from China, South Korea, and Japan, lured by Thailand's year-round warm weather, as well as Western countries and Thailand's neighbours in Southeast Asia.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:22 AM, oxo1947 said:

Thailand is the eleventh most-visited country in the world and boasted the sixth largest tourism industry by revenue , according to a *U.N. report* . Most travelers come from China, South Korea, and Japan, lured by Thailand's year-round warm weather, as well as Western countries and Thailand's neighbours in Southeast Asia.

Maybe someone in Pattaya now could tell us whether there are more or less of those tour buses. Granted, Chinese tourists mostly go to Koh Larn, Walking Street in the early evening, and ?? You (probably) won't find many in other bar areas in Pattaya, and even on Walking Street they only walk up and down the soi, behind the guide with the flag, taking photos.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:22 PM, oxo1947 said:

The place is still packed with Asian tourists but of course the Chinese don't go and sit it the popular bar areas.

The Falang bar visitors are pretty much stagnant from what I see.  And, there are just way too many bars.

Lastly, if no one does not go to a certain bar maybe the ladies working are just plan ugly and rude.

Place is becoming a ghost town unfortunately with a high season of around 2 weeks tops. The advent of social media made people wary about being filmed and photgraphed 24/7 and being shown to the world.

One particular soi was a great laugh in the afternoons totally destroyed by social media now in its dying embers sad to see in reality but certain indiviuals thought they were above the law and realised they were nobodies. (like any of us)

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Maybe someone in Pattaya now could tell us whether there are more or less of those tour buses.

Compared to when? Much fewer since the zero-dollar crackdown. But still plenty.

Granted, Chinese tourists mostly go to Koh Larn, Walking Street in the early evening, and ?? You (probably) won't find many in other bar areas in Pattaya, and even on Walking Street they only walk up and down the soi, behind the guide with the flag, taking photos.

Chinese are all over town now except in the beer bars. Saw a lot in Sizzler this evening and in the mall in general--all well-behaved I might add. On Walking St they don't only walk up and down. They eat in the seafood restos, for example. And you do find them in the go-gos as well. Otherwise, they patronize a lot of Thai establishments that cater to Chinese that most of our members probably aren't aware of. Many new places in N. Pattaya, Naklua, and off Third Rd. among other areas.

It's one of our little bigoted TVF myths that Chinese only travel in tour groups. We have quite a lot of independent travelers as well.

Archived