Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

rooster59

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Chivas said:

What....??

The numbers of males/females coming to pattaya purely for sexual tourism is something like 1/3 of 1% of all number that arrive in Thailand. Thats unique visitors not the same guy who comes 8 times a year. The income to thailand is miniscule compared to what an additional 10 million visitors would bring if they weren't put off by the vibes of pattaya

8-10 million that is the number of visitors to Pattaya each year.

13 hours ago, gbswales said:

they will not be bothered about the morality of people who bring dollars to the economy. I do not understand why people for whom sex is very important are seen as "depraved" it is more likely that they are "deprived" by people for who sex is not an important part of life. Why do people have such a down on sex - I presume they are the lucky few with a happy and sexually fulfilled relationship or are people who dont like or need sex themselves. I am happy but I don't begrudge pleasure to those who are less so especially if it gives a better income to many poor people.  We all sell our bodies one way or another - doing jobs that make others rich but selling certain bits of your body seems to really rile some people up.  Legalise things, keep out the exploiters and provide guidance on sexual health issues.

I just said the locals in those countries won't be impressed with sex tourists cruising their streets looking for sexany more than you would if they turned up in your town propositioning your daughter.

The arguments over morality and exploitation have been done to death and people will never agree but, basically, if two people consent to a transactional sexual liaison, that's their business.

I just think it's seedy, nasty and unnecessarily overt in Pattaya and the authorities either want it gone or very much toned down. I think that's a good thing. The sight of dirty old men reveling in an open air brothel is insulting and disrespectful both to the women and to the country as a whole. Carry on like that all you like behind closed doors but don't air your crusty Y-fronts in public.

22 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I am a little shocked to be honest. You would know better than me on the more recent changes. I can recall walking past one bar  - about half way on the left from the beach road end - and counted 18 girls, all dressed in the same schoolgirl outfits. That was the last time I was in Pattaya; 2008.

But I'm due back on 17th July for the marathon. 

If the marathon goes through Soi 6 make sure your backs to the wall! lol

You need to get out of the bars in Pattaya and travel around, as there is allot of things for families in Pattaya to do. 

True there is but it's all second rate to compared to other tourists desnations. Plus pattaya has bad roads, smells, rats on the beach rubbish everywhere. How many families come back zero I would guess. Do you think they go home and say pattaya is a lovely place you really should take your family there. Of course they don't they go home and say it's a hell hole. I been here for 3 years my sister was going to visit me this year. I said if you bring your children we will have to meet somewhere else because it's the worst place in the world for kids. I wouldn't let them swim in this sea would you. Once they fix all the problems then close all the bars and shut the sex shops down. I've been told that all those Russian familys you see ant got a clue about pattaya till they get here. I wonder what they think when they get here.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I live in a middle size city in Europe from time to then, in a decently big country!!...

I do happen to know a few ladies, socially only, who now and then sell their charms at a very very high cost (that I even could not afford rest be assured)...

you would be surprised at the lewd and shrewd stuff their customers request them...oh and yes, before I forget....a decent proportion of their clients are top level local politicians, judges, influental global business players, well known football players and so on.....

the only difference with our deepened male perversions is that in the west, most of the people cannot afford it...

but within Pattaya, the prices and the perversions perks, are within the means of the patrons...

so Stop whistle blowing specifically at Pattaya and rather get the whistles blowed...:cheesy::1zgarz5:

I have predicted Soi 6 will be demolished by the military within a couple of years. This is just the beginning.

It must be a very long beginning as it's been going on for years! Although not for as long as predictions about Nana Plaza being demolished!

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I live in a middle size city in Europe from time to then, in a decently big country!!...

I do happen to know a few ladies, socially only, who now and then sell their charms at a very very high cost (that I even could not afford rest be assured)...

you would be surprised at the lewd and shrewd stuff their customers request them...oh and yes, before I forget....a decent proportion of their clients are top level local politicians, judges, influental global business players, well known football players and so on.....

the only difference with our deepened male perversions is that in the west, most of the people cannot afford it...

but within Pattaya, the prices and the perversions perks, are within the means of the patrons...

so Stop whistle blowing specifically at Pattaya and rather get the whistles blowed...:cheesy::1zgarz5:

I just find it remarkable that so many men have difficulty getting laid with attractive women in their own countries

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

I just find it remarkable that so many men have difficulty getting laid with attractive women in their own countries

plainly getting laid for some, could be an issue, for farangs or Thai's..in Thailand or abroad....

often getting laid without some perverse lewd perks, could be yet another issue..

getting laid, but needing a different set of chesty kitty every 6 months, is even all a different issue...

but the common denominator is human nature, my friend...it will surprise us daily.....

7 hours ago, just.a.thought said:

8-10 million that is the number of visitors to Pattaya each year.

lol coffee has just sprayed everywhere. White western males unique visits to Pattaya 8-10 million   !!  33% of all thailands visitors come to pattaya in that white group of people !

In 2016 the best figures available were just over 300,000 that came to pattaya from that group of people less than 1% of all visitors to Thailand.....that is UNIQUE visitor numbers before you come up with something equally daft. I come 4-5 times yearly but count as 1.....matey boy who comes 10 times a year counts as 1..... thats where I suspect you're getting wildly confused

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

Who is the guy who owns a dozen of bars around Pattaya ?Great business idea !

A Guy called Bryan Flowers from Coventry......Seems very Dodgy if you Google him.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Globalization......not all that remarkable.

if they demolish all the related Soi's in Pattaya or Plazas in BKK that cater to the chesty local beauties...what's the big deal?....

the hooking will carry on maybe in mall's, hospitals or at the supermarket or 7/11 counters:cheesy:....and you won't have to pay a bar fine or for the drinks:clap2::burp::cheesy::cheesy:

I took a stroll on Soi 6 this afternoon at 4.30; purely for research for this thread. Most of the bars near the Beach Road end were closed but the further along I went more and more were open and touting for business. There were not many customers about, but I think there are fewer Western males than normal in town at the moment. Not a single BIB in sight either.

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Mate, I'm old (50)

I still get 30-35 year old lookers back home.

They can talk about more than smartphones and Hello Kitty gear too

my dear fellow poster...50 is far from being old as I have well built 35 - 40 year acquaintances here who are just a bunch of big boars (in every meaning of the word!!)..:cheesy:...

and definately, if the conversation is as good as the willy-willy servicing, that does nicely spice things up on the hard side, like an amazing penang!!

enjoy it all as long as you can an even longer!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, balo said:

I have predicted Soi 6 will be demolished by the military within a couple of years. This is just the beginning.

It's not always easy to determine the motivations behind a "cracked down". Many believe it's just part of an over all plan to clean up the image of Pattaya.

The true motivation may be far more complex. Something along the lines of let's put the foreign owned bars out of business so that Thais pick up the bankrupt businesses cheap and continue the businesses under Thai ownership.

Now, I am not saying that is what's going on. I'm just saying that the "official" reason should not be accepted as the only reason.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, kingstonkid said:

To say that this will ruin Pattaya is an over exaggeration.

All the older Americans will remember that Vegas  used to be called sin city.

It had the moniker of an adult only location that had drinking, gambling and prostitution.  Pattaya does not have the legal gambling but it has everything else.

Toronto had the Yonge street strip with it's hookers and strip clubs that caused many people to stay away.  They cleaned it up and big businesses came and it is a big tourist location and generates more money

The challenge is that while a few bars might get a lot of money it is more favourable to have a family oriented location.

There is nothing wrong with having walking street and maybe a few little streets off the side.  

What is a problem is that because of the reputation that families that have more money to spend and have kids that generate more income will stay away.

They can still have the sex and such all they are trying to do is make it more central and less obvious and less distracting.  

A bar is a drinking establishment that too many farang go to get plastered and make nuisance.  The law is already set all they are doing is enforcing it.

LOL, I'm sure Toronto didn't have a high crime rate with jet ski thugs extorting customers and bars padding bills etc. I'm also sure they didn't have a completely broken infrastructure, and had pedestrian crossing lights that worked, policemen that actually enforced the law fairly, no collapsing marina in the harbor, some actual parks, no horrid building half finished for years in their face etc etc etc.

Pattaya will never become what Toronto became because the money to fix anything disappears for the usual reasons.

BTW, the actual bar area of Pattaya is miniscule in comparison to the size of the city, and is very easy to avoid if one is a prude. 

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

if they demolish all the related Soi's in Pattaya or Plazas in BKK that cater to the chesty local beauties...what's the big deal?....

the hooking will carry on maybe in mall's, hospitals or at the supermarket or 7/11 counters:cheesy:....and you won't have to pay a bar fine or for the drinks:clap2::burp::cheesy::cheesy:

First time I stayed in a Bkk hotel I wondered why there were so many young women sitting in the lobby!

I went for breakfast at a well known ( back then ) restaurant for breakfast and wondered why there were so many young women nursing a drink there at 8 am!

I was very naïve back then.

If they want this crackdown to succeed they'll have to close every nightclub and hotel disco in the country.

What's the betting they won't touch the Thai bars in every town, and what about the Thai soapy massage places?

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

First time I stayed in a Bkk hotel I wondered why there were so many young women sitting in the lobby!

I went for breakfast at a well known ( back then ) restaurant for breakfast and wondered why there were so many young women nursing a drink there at 8 am!

I was very naïve back then.

If they want this crackdown to succeed they'll have to close every nightclub and hotel disco in the country.

What's the betting they won't touch the Thai bars in every town, and what about the Thai soapy massage places?

yes and guess from whom the local boys in brown will look forthe tea money as it happened a few years back just after the big party that cleaned up the street vendors...

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, Chivas said:

What....??

The numbers of males/females coming to pattaya purely for sexual tourism is something like 1/3 of 1% of all number that arrive in Thailand. Thats unique visitors not the same guy who comes 8 times a year. The income to thailand is miniscule compared to what an additional 10 million visitors would bring if they weren't put off by the vibes of pattaya

Women don't go to Pattaya for sex. They go to the Caribbean and Africa.

Pattaya is one small city in Thailand. If those mythical 10 million want to come to Thailand there are plenty of other places for them to go to.

Honestly, on here it's like Pattaya is the only tourist town in the whole of Thailand.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Thaidream said:

This is part of the squeeze the authorities are putting on all  bars/clubs/GoGo's that sell sex.  The police are not the instigators- it is the Pattaya Administration which is military run. They do not care if all Western single tourists stop coming to Thailand. Their goal is to gentrify all the areas that attract people they do not want. Eventually, all these places will either go broke; close themselves; relocate or simply not have their permits renewed

Many people say it's not real but they are wrong- the Government does not like this type of business because what they sell is overt and gives Thailand a bad name by attracting criminals and other less desirable people.When it is over- most of these places will have gone out of business or relocated to the dark side or Jomtien and be more discrete. The powers that be see more money in Chinese tourism; Asean tourism and getting the middle class and Hi-so Thais to come to Pattaya. None of these groups want the current bars or would be customers. The investments being made in Pattaya and other areas of Thailand are in Malls/Shopping areas; boutique type shops and restaurants. 

In addition, you will also see the demise of Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy in Bangkok simply because these bars cannot afford to remain in that location and make any money and the owner of the land will take the investment money  and  sell out. It doesn't matter who has the Master lease or sub leases. It is the land owners who control everything.

Do you really want MORE people coming to Pattaya, especially Thais that all drive cars? The traffic is horrendous even in low season. I can't imagine it if even more people came- the horror :shock1:.

16 hours ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

Another crackdown of the week, and that's about as long as they seem to last. But if it's a real one, then you have to ask why the authorities, in difficult economic times, are cracking down on a solid source of income for the country.   

It's not difficult economic times for some people.

Archived