Poor girl from Kanchanaburi in a desperate state - she lost her dad now lost her leg in a motorcycle accident

webfact

Poor girl from Kanchanaburi in a desperate state - she lost her dad now lost her leg in a motorcycle accident

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

KANCHANABURI: -- An appeal has been started to help a 13 year old Kanchanaburi girl who has been dealt some serious blows in her short life.

Wanwisa Srijan - known as Ning Wi - lost her father then in December she was riding home on a motorcycle with friends when they were hit by a pick-up.

Her right leg had to be amputated to save her life.

The family are desperately poor and in a wad way. Their story tugged at the heartstrings of the Thai public when news was featured on Facebook.

Yesterday Thai Rath caught up with mother Samer Takong, 55, and Wi as they were husking corn to make ends meet.

Said mum: "She is a good kid - before the accident she was playful and talked a lot but that has all changed now. She hasn't come to terms with what happened to her".

She said that the pick-up driver has offered no help and the case has gone quiet with nothing being done to help the family who are very poor.

Mum goes out to work to try to get some money and there is an elder brother but it is inadequate for the family's needs.

Wi had to leave her old school and is now at Wat Luuk Kae Prachanuthit School where director Banjong Pinpathom said that they are giving her free lunch. Representations have been made to the local education authority to get her school fees paid.

Wi bravely thanked everyone for their help so far but she lamented in tears that had the driver not hit her everything would have been different.

If you would like to help Nong Wi an account at Ormsin Bank has been set up in her name - Wanwisa Srijan.. The account is controlled by the family and teachers at her school and has the number 020 219 732 698.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-19

21 minutes ago, Nowisee said:

"....the pick-up driver has offered no help and the case has gone quiet with nothing being done to help the family who are very poor."

Their system has failed her.

Indeed it seems to have.

I'm wondering why the insurance company/ies have not paid or offered to pay some compensation to her family. Isn't that why we carry insurance..........just for these occasions? Of course, I am being bold in assuming he even had insurance. I wish her well and expect P.M. Prayuth to say that the government is cracking down hard on uninsured drivers. No insurance, we takee your vehicle or your home..

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

A 13 year old driving on a motorbike with friends (plural) is an accident waiting to happen. And to publish the bank details is only asking for some thief to empty the account quickly.

It is called being dirt poor and probably having little or no public transportation as for the other comment, don't talk rubbish. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

she was riding home on a motorcycle with friends when they were hit by a pick-up.

18 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

A 13 year old driving on a motorbike with friends (plural) is an accident waiting to happen.

Is it not conceivable that she was apassenger on the motorbike? It didn't actually say she was driving it, although, knowing the number of teenagers under the legal age who drive motorbikes, I wouldn't be surprised.

16 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Indeed it seems to have.

I'm wondering why the insurance company/ies have not paid or offered to pay some compensation to her family. Isn't that why we carry insurance..........just for these occasions? Of course, I am being bold in assuming he even had insurance. I wish her well and expect P.M. Prayuth to say that the government is cracking down hard on uninsured drivers. No insurance, we takee your vehicle or your home..

No licence, three on a bike, so insurance is invalid if they had any.

1 hour ago, Nowisee said:

"....the pick-up driver has offered no help and the case has gone quiet with nothing being done to help the family who are very poor."

More likely the pickup driver wasn't at fault so they only expected help because they were poorer, not because of any legal obligation.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

A 13 year old driving on a motorbike with friends (plural) is an accident waiting to happen. And to publish the bank details is only asking for some thief to empty the account quickly.

Yes so very sad indeed and giving out account numbers, Well?

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Indeed it seems to have.

Well if she was underage and no license or insurance for her to drive the motorbike I suppose they are not required to pay anything.

56 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Is it not conceivable that she was apassenger on the motorbike? It didn't actually say she was driving it, although, knowing the number of teenagers under the legal age who drive motorbikes, I wouldn't be surprised.

The middle school across the street from me has about 200 motorbikes parked in front of it every morning.  And in the afternoon 3-4 students pile on per bike and race off.  There is a police stand right in front of the school as well.

13 y old , she had better stayed home taking care of her child ?

School ?.......did not teach her what she really had to know .

And Buddha nor a tattoo prevented the evident outcome ?

She's one of the thousands in the same situation.........................

If my children behave like that .....they gone get the same  ....

Nothing new  

7 hours ago, Nowisee said:

...seize the pickup and give the family what equity there is...they' all find money when they have to.

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I guess you are not aware of how some things work over here. In the US if someone asked for your bank account number most people would say no. Have you ever seen someone here write out a check? And in the US when you write out a check your account number is clearly written on bottom of check along with routing number and bank branch number so here the ATM's are set up you just put in friends account number and name of bank and can tranfer from your  sav/check  to their's. Only works one way can't withdraw from friends account.

Secondly you said : " No licence, three on a bike, so insurance is invalid if they had any."  Although that may be true concerning the bike she was on ----the posters were talking about the truck that hit her. Makes no difference if she had insurance or not  he should be covered and his insurance should pay wether he hit a person on foot, bycycle, motor bike car or standing along the road.

8 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Indeed it seems to have.

Good post, but how long do government crackdowns last? 24 hours, 2 days? Only enough to catch a small percentage of uninsured drivers.

"Mum goes out to work to try to get some money and there is an elder brother but it is inadequate for the family's needs."

More like the elder brother is inadequate, as is usual in most Thai families.  The girls do all the work, while the boys do sweet <deleted>, except play on their phones!  It would be nice if this boy would help-out a bit, but it won't happen.  

Good luck to the young girl.

9 hours ago, tominbkk said:

The middle school across the street from me has about 200 motorbikes parked in front of it every morning.  And in the afternoon 3-4 students pile on per bike and race off.  There is a police stand right in front of the school as well.

Worse than that - Bangkok (soi 103) they have a policeman that waves a woman out from the school with two kids on the back and a toddler in front of her - none wearing helmets. The policeman isn't really looking, just waving them out.

They only prevent this behaviour when they're sent out on a detail to catch people wearing no helmets... the rest of the time it's normal to ignore it.

This is called 'focus'. You won't get distracted by people using mobile phones or selling drugs at the gates...

18 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I guess you are not aware of how some things work over here. In the US if someone asked for your bank account number most people would say no. Have you ever seen someone here write out a check? And in the US when you write out a check your account number is clearly written on bottom of check along with routing number and bank branch number so here the ATM's are set up you just put in friends account number and name of bank and can tranfer from your  sav/check  to their's. Only works one way can't withdraw from friends account.

Secondly you said : " No licence, three on a bike, so insurance is invalid if they had any."  Although that may be true concerning the bike she was on ----the posters were talking about the truck that hit her. Makes no difference if she had insurance or not  he should be covered and his insurance should pay wether he hit a person on foot, bycycle, motor bike car or standing along the road.

it is up to the Police or Cort to determine who is at Fault. if the Bike She was riding cut in front of the Pickup, so he was unable to avoid hitting the Bike , one can not make  the Pickup Driver` pay for other people mistakes 

Archived