Video: Brilliant police work as cop calms knifeman and it ends in a big hug

webfact

Many of you guys let the mainstream media control and shape your thoughts based on sensationized incidents...

we had 5-10 5150s ( needing mental health evals) daily and 99% ended uneventful...meaning no injuries or fatalities involved...

media covers but not report in the press b/c who wants to read them? There is no story b/c it is the public expectation of events w/o incident. Police paramedics hospitals social services are doing their respective jobs....

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

well done and this Thai Policeman deserves a big salary raise as the force and the people, need more like him.. (assuming the whole issue is true and not a propaganda set up!!:shock1:)

in the USA and perhaps certain EU countries nowdays, you can get shot and murdered by the cops for much much less...

there is an old saying in the U.S. regarding the Police, "you mess with the bull, you get the horns!"

46 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Many of you guys let the mainstream media control and shape your thoughts based on sensationized incidents...

we had 5-10 5150s ( needing mental health evals) daily and 99% ended uneventful...meaning no injuries or fatalities involved...

media covers but not report in the press b/c who wants to read them? There is no story b/c it is the public expectation of events w/o incident. Police paramedics hospitals social services are doing their respective jobs....

I presume you mean "sensationalised"?

sen·sa·tion·al
senˈsāSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective

1. (of an event, a person, or a piece of information) causing great public interest and excitement.

It is sensational because how often do you see or hear anything positive about the RTP "doing their jobs"?

By the way, I am usually quite critical of the way the RTP perform (or don't perform) their duties, but credit where credit is due.

4 hours ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

Good outcome... This time.

Recently saw a video of a group of bib out in the country trying to talk an agitated knife man into surrendering peaceful when he suddenly charged and the negotiater tripped backwards and was stabbed to death.

Why did they use the blow gun ( or blow pipe) when the dart hit him he would be sedated and gone to sleep. Just blow one on his buttock would do the job.

It would be an efficient and easy job for the BIB.

3 hours ago, sambum said:

I'm sorry - I don't understand your post:- "not like a young man who can play an instrument very good." Surely being able to play an instrument "very good" is the same as "extremely talented"? 

I'll be happy to clarify.

The difference between a very good instrument player and extremely talented musician is the latter has a talent in music especially with voice.   Many can play an instrument but not many can sing.

6 minutes ago, nasanews said:

The difference between a very good instrument player and extremely talented musician is the latter has a talent in music especially with voice.   Many can play an instrument but not many can sing.

I am glad you clarified that. I was totally lost, trying to understand his post.

12 hours ago, jvs said:

Before all the negative responses,very well done.!!!

We need more caring people like that.

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I agree the ending could have been bad in general in another country particularly my home U.S., but I have also been here long enough to know a pad on the back or hug from the guy isn't enough.

I agree, mental observation is needed in this case but while that is happening they need to review his past and if he has no past criminal history relating and determine mentally fit, then some form of minor charges need to be made. A form of punishment that this type of behavior is unacceptable to solve one's problem. Probation, behavior modification? If determine unfit, the of course get him help. Of course a hug is good but it is a short term solution :post-4641-1156694606:

I think this is more or less what jvs was referring to... 

2 hours ago, nasanews said:

Sorry - I disagree! A musician is someone who plays a musical instrument, whereas somebody who sings is a singer or vocalist:-.

"mu·si·cian
myo͞oˈziSHən/
noun
  1. a person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented"

However, there are many instances when the word "musician" is used incorrectly in describing talentless people who have neither the ability to play an instrument "good", or the ability to sing in tune without "voice enhancers" (A computerised device that automatically adjusts the note to the correct pitch), or neither - as in the case of "rap" artistes (C**P without the C)

An example of an extremely talented musician would indeed be somebody like Sting because he is an accomplished bass player and guitarist, and he is also a very good singer, but his voice does not qualify him as a musician. 

Sorry to "nitpick", but the entertainment business is full of so called "musicians" that can not even play an instrument, and should probably be sued under the Trades Descriptions Act! 

Anyway, this is all getting a bit off topic, so getting back on topic - I think the cop did a great job!

On 6/19/2017 at 8:21 AM, jvs said:

Before all the negative responses,very well done.!!!

We need more caring people like that.

Good on ye JVS,

Back home a few years ago the Mayor of a big city had a breakdown. He ended up in a mental hospital for 7 months. When he came out he was asked by a reporter about his experience. He told her of his daily routine and about all the medication he received...."Did it do you any good?" she asked him......"Not sure" he told her "but one thing I needed very badly and did not receive" ..."what was that she asked"... "I just wanted somebody to sit down on the bed beside me for about 5 minutes, listen to me and show me a bit of loving concern".

Boy.....I have never forgot those words of wisdom..

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

I wonder if Sambum would approve of Bob Dylan as a sensational musician? ?

Nope - great songwriter though! His backing group The Band were all sensational musicians - especially Garth Hudson and Robbie Robertson!

Archived