Video: Thai man threatens fellow driver with a knife because he hooted him

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Actually having had a 2nd and 3rd look at the video at the time of 18.07.40 where the driver beeped the horn shortly after, it is clear IMO that the black ute moved out of his way to the left (middle lane), however there was a ute in the far left lane merging (right) to the middle lane and going slower than the blck ute because the lane was ending and the black ute tries to hold his line, plus move over a little to the right, as you would, but the guy with the dash cam was travelling too fast and obviously having his blinkers on, you know the ones they give horses as to only see straight ahead, clearly not seeing what was going on because he was only interested in going through and passing every car possible at the speed he was doing in the right lane, i.e. not allowing room for movement for the black ute that originally moved over and out of the way for him, perhaps the black ute should have held his ground and not moved, pulling a knife on him is, well as I said previously, part of the small dick syndrome, should have just let it go.

But in my opinion, the guy with the dash cam is as much to blame for causing the incident, noting that he didn;t move over in the left lane when the black ute wanted to pass him towards the end, and obviously when the black ute pulled up in the right lane blocking him, not apologising for the guy with the knife, that's a definite no no, but just setting the record straight is anyone missed it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think he also decreased speed after he did not let the black car merge, just to tease him.

Road rage is getting worse.

In the second clip notice that the driver of cam car reverses but when he sees the knife he says 'maa loei'. So I wonder what would have happened if the knife chap did go further...would there have been a nasty confrontation or would  'maa loei' have changed his mind and pulled away? However, while I don't know where Thailand ranks with other countries, it does seem that psychologists agree that it is an increasing phenomenon . For example, 'Road rage is no laughing matter. Up to 56 percent of fatal crashes involve aggressive driving, according to the American Automobile Association. ' Or this from the U.K. https://youtu.be/stTc0Xtwdfo.

6 hours ago, Silurian said:

And my wife wonders why I hate driving in Bangkok. I would rather moth ball the car, take a taxi and let the taxi cab driver deal with all the idiots on the road...all with the added bonus of no need to find parking. But alas, the wife keeps on insisting on bringing along a 2000 pound piece of metal everywhere we go.

Come on mate, why don't you grow a pair and tell the wife how it's gonna be?

Oops, gotta go. The missus wants a ride to the market. 

I'd be curious if it's easy to disconnect the car horn by ourselves.

I read it's illegal to do that because it's considered a safety device, but I'm not sure whether that law applies in Thailand too.

If it's easy to disconnect/connect by myself it would be easier when selling the car again and it's guranteed one does not inadvertently hoot the horn.

7 hours ago, DLang said:

Poor Thai guys.

So many are emotionally and mentally unstable. Doesn't take much of an insult to their Godly position as Center of The Universe to send them over the edge... with their weapons. 

Firstly, this is a disgusting racial comment, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Secondly, this happens all over the world, with the UK being voted the worst place.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3270459/video-reveals-why-the-uk-is-consistently-among-the-worst-countries-in-the-world-for-road-rage/

Thirdly, there are other countries, like the US where guns are MUCH more commonly used in road rage cases.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=road+rage+gun+usa

8 hours ago, Silurian said:

And my wife wonders why I hate driving in Bangkok. I would rather moth ball the car, take a taxi and let the taxi cab driver deal with all the idiots on the road...all with the added bonus of no need to find parking. But alas, the wife keeps on insisting on bringing along a 2000 pound piece of metal everywhere we go.

Go on and pay for driver lessons for the wife and have her drive.

Keep happiness in the relationship...

Not  so expensive if you bother to  look into it.    You'll find out.

Just now, watcharacters said:

Go on and pay for driver lessons for the wife and have her drive.

Keep happiness in the relationship...

Not  so expensive if you bother to  look into it.    You'll find out.

Oh, she can drive. She just likes me to be the chauffeur. She says I need to keep myself sharp by driving around Bangkok. I think the real reason is that she likes to be on the phone while I drive.

8 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Nothing will ever change, will it? And yes I get told off for using my horn, which they would not know just a warning in case asleep at the wheel and yes with often the case with Family in car.
Deserves severe punishment, but will not get it for sure. Even if a number plate seen and noted, probably a false one. Appalling

Yeah, me too.  It's funny how clowns like this always cause the problem yet the bloody missus tells me that it is my fault, that I should watch what they are doing.  I try to tell her that I am not a bloody mind reader but alas, to no avail so I just give up.

But I still have a cam fitted front and rear just for a little security given how us farangs are nearly always in the wrong, just because if we were not in Thailand then the incident would not have occurred.  Shows the intelligence, oh sorry that was a mistake, it should be the lack of and absolutely no common sense abound here.:wai:

9 hours ago, seajae said:

nothing unusual here, these idiots refuse to obey the traffic laws, refuse to indicate, all want to drive in the right lane because of their own self importance then when someone dares to honk their horn when they are doing the wrong thing they lose face and want to attack them with knives etc. These idiots need to be locked up and taken off the roads, their is no place for face on the roads, hopefully the police will throw this idiot in jail

Hahahaha, you wish.........if you lock up these dick heads then the roads are all free for us farangs. Good idea!!!!

9 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Oh, she can drive. She just likes me to be the chauffeur. She says I need to keep myself sharp by driving around Bangkok. I think the real reason is that she likes to be on the phone while I drive.

There must be more preferable means of keeping sharp than driving in Bangkok such as cards or board games.   Reading?

But to each his or her own and it looks like you enjoy your arrangement with your missus.

Good luck with the driving.

9 hours ago, Silurian said:

Just a further example of ' face ' from your wife , only peasants use public transport lol. 

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

So, if someone starts to veer into your lane, you just let a collision occur, as there is no way to warn them with your horn disconnected.

What collision? 99.9% of time around here it's the skiddish self-righteous idiot whose first thought is to make noise over the slightest thing "in their space". I can't count the number of times I've almost had an accident because of some jerk with an annoying horn. Sorry 

Archived