Arrest this brazen farang liquor thief scream irate Thais!

snoop1130

Arrest this brazen farang liquor thief scream irate Thais!

unnamed.jpg

CHIANG MAI:-- Footage posted online shows a Western woman engaging in a spot of self-service at a bar in Chiang Mai - helping herself and her male friend to booze behind the counter for free.

Thais online turned on the woman and her friend caught on CCTV from two angles calling for police to arrest them and toss them out of Thailand.

Man Csb spoke for many when he said: "They buy air tickets, they cross the oceans to be here - just to thieve. Farang dregs!"

Oat Sopakam weighed in with a bit of a Sharia law suggestion: "Smash her hand to pieces".

Nidnoi Napachat Tamool just said: "What a brazen thief".

While Nong Wild Life chipped in with: "That is why we call them cheap Charlie farangs - thank goodness there is a camera".

Robbery Moonz summed up the woman in one word beginning in a W suggesting that she might engage in charging for sexual services.

According to the page the incident looks to have happened on Friday at the Eddie Havana Bar in Chiang Mai.

It was quite crowded and the woman in the CCTV is shown helping herself to large slugs of liquor, both for her own glass and a beer bottle that her male friend is guzzling.

She even has the cheek to leave the liquor bottle on the bar top after a second theft as they casually stroll out.

Still photos suggest that there also may be other Westerners involved in stealing from the bar.

The footage and stills were taken from the bar's Facebook page.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-6-19

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is such farang dishonest jerks and as*h**l*s who tarnish the image of all farangs in Thailand....human nature can tend to generalize....let's face it,  as we have all generalized at some point....they plainly deserve overnight deportation just as any other farangs making trouble....

35 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Poor training on the bar staff.

why blame the staff?....

is the fault of the staff if they naively believed that farangs are honest?...

which obviously is not the case  here, with such farang tourist thieves who tarnish the image of all farangs in Thailand!

26 minutes ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

Fire the bar staff! There are leeches I in every society looking for an easy opportunity, doesn't mean that it should present itself so easily

why blame the staff for a farang thief?

I definately would not like to bring this farang girl back home to entertain my willy by the pool, despite the fact that her chesty friend on the left seems fine and healthy!!:cheesy:

such attitudes raise hostility against all farangs and will end up in exploding for petty reasons, once the Thai's get fed up with incivilities from farangs, as they have enough to deal with from the locals....

why blame the staff for a farang thief?

I definately would not like to bring this farang girl back home to entertain my willy by the pool, despite the fact that her chesty friend on the left seems fine and healthy!!:cheesy:

such attitudes raise hostility against all farangs and will end up in exploding for petty reasons, once the Thai's get fed up with incivilities from farangs, as they have enough to deal with from the locals....

Because we both know the staff were gathered at the other end of the bar obsessed with their phones. That's instant dismissal in my books
. Or at the very least they should pay for the stolen grog

1 minute ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

Because we both know the staff were gathered at the other end of the bar obsessed with their phones. That's instant dismissal in my books
. Or at the very least they should pay for the stolen grog

sorry...I did not know!!...but is that reason to ignore the thief?

Funny how it is "westerners stealing" ,  not a drunk girl or the fact that it is impossible to get service when they don't want to serve "westerners" .   It also interesting how no one was there a really long time and we do not know how long it was before they started filming that.   Don't worry I wont spend my money there again.  A bunch of racists. They never show it when those motor cycle cooks drive by and grab your stuff.   They won't say thai s stealing from unwary tourists.  Or pushing over old people as a diversion and then stealing your stuff.   Whats more is that for all we know she was born and raised in thailand.  She just "looks different"

39 minutes ago, yogadavid said:

Funny how it is "westerners stealing" ,  not a drunk girl or the fact that it is impossible to get service when they don't want to serve "westerners" .   It also interesting how no one was there a really long time and we do not know how long it was before they started filming that.   Don't worry I wont spend my money there again.  A bunch of racists. They never show it when those motor cycle cooks drive by and grab your stuff.   They won't say thai s stealing from unwary tourists.  Or pushing over old people as a diversion and then stealing your stuff.   Whats more is that for all we know she was born and raised in thailand.  She just "looks different"

if the staff in bars are that awful, just boycot those bad bars and teach them a lesson in giving your cash elsewhere....

(but allow me to refer to certain european bars, that start getting very popular and making money. with large alchool bottles starting at the equivalent of US$ 200,-- and going upto US$ 1000,--+ ..the staff consider themselves as real rock stars and scorn small time patrons!!)

all this does not excuse the attitude of this tourist stealing in a foreign country....she does not care...but it is the other farangs who live on in Thailand who will get the check!..and not to mention the other jerks in Pattaya who get into brawls, insult the locals, get drunk and argue...youTube is full of such shitty farang tourists...

as for the thai's who steal from tourists, what to say?...it seems a responsability of any visiting tourist to be safe as the cops will not do anything about it...and not that I mean to contradict, but when I observe the bling bling attitude of some tourists, they are just looking for trouble...not an excuse...but they do lack common sense...

but you do have a point, as there is a climate that generally discriminates farangs and such people as on the video plainly contribute to fuel such vindictive attitudes....

11 minutes ago, samsensam said:

all my thai friends who own businesses complain about the difficulty in finding staff who are not petty thieves, a sad fact.

A friend of mine in Thailand had his watch stolen by his maid....but then, why leave it around, give the maid the key and not be present when she comes by?...

Common sense....

As for your thai friends in business, allow me to recommend a full range of CCTV cameras, show it to the staff, it will solve all the issues of petty theft!!...it worked miracles with a friend here having the same trouble...

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

A friend of mine in Thailand had his watch stolen by his maid....but then, why leave it around, give the maid the key and not be present when she comes by?...

Common sense....

As for your thai friends in business, allow me to recommend a full range of CCTV cameras, show it to the staff, it will solve all the issues of petty theft!!...it worked miracles with a friend here having the same trouble...

evidence of the theft and culprit are often not a problem, getting the police and authorities to prosecute thieves is. a lecturer friend at a university had her bank account emptied by a college and 'friend' who 'borrowed' her atm card one lunchtime. the police were called but could not solve the crime. once told the facts i knew immediately who it was. the culprit eventually confessed but still the police refused to act and the university wouldn't fire her. oh yes and she got away with not repaying the full amount because she 'couldn't afford it'. bizarre.

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

evidence of the theft and culprit are often not a problem, getting the police and authorities to prosecute thieves is. a lecturer friend at a university had her bank account emptied by a college and 'friend' who 'borrowed' her atm card one lunchtime. the police were called but could not solve the crime. once told the facts i knew immediately who it was. the culprit eventually confessed but still the police refused to act and the university wouldn't fire her. oh yes and she got away with not repaying the full amount because she 'couldn't afford it'. bizarre.

now that is sad and scary as the country seems lawless?....perhaps could explain why many locals take up the law in their own hands when they have issues.....pity!!

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

That's why bars in places like Australia keep the bottles on a shelf behind the bar.  She is a thieving turd but placing the spirits right in front of drunks is total stupidity 

And this is also why Aussie bar's have some gorilla's at the doors...they would have just tossed them out onto the streets and sure they won't come back after that.

I've seen that happening several times, they really flew a few meters after being tossed out.

If a Thai done it they would probably be applauded for being clever !  No cries of " Thief !" or "Cut their hands off !".   Stealing is a way of life for a lot of Thais. Handbag snatching, mugging, pickpockets, scams and more.  

Man Csb spoke for many when he said: "They buy air tickets, they cross the oceans to be here - just to thieve. Farang dregs!"

My Facebook translator is much better - Man Csb buys a plane Fly across the sea to steal, eat, pickle, French residue

But, I would liquor :wink: 

Archived