Arrest this brazen farang liquor thief scream irate Thais!

snoop1130

57 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Here we see a perfect example once again!

If you check the comment on this piece of news, you will find that the TV-posters blame the Thai staff or just think it´s funny and make a jike about it. When is it time for you people to grow up. I just guess it will never happen, because you sink down to such a low level of mentality and understanding that it´s purely disgusting.

By the way, as soon as a Thai person do something wrong, or the same as above, then you surely put you big teeth into it and feast on how bad they are. I just hope that you felt something from the social media comments Thai people made. I also hope it hurt a little and dropped you big ego´s to the level of a threshold.

People who travel to Thailand for long stay or holiday, as said, pay for thier air fare, room and so on. Why would it be accepted that these people behave the way they just did in a foreign country? They should simply be arrested, grilled for a couple of hours, have to pay a hefty fine or serve time. After that deport their sorry <deleted> from the country. Preferably from the whole planet. Purely disgusting and disrespectful behaviour of people that probably like to call themselfs grown-ups and adults. In my book they are ignorant children with a very low level of knowledge how to act and behave.

With that said. It´s not the Thai´s fault. It´s not the staff´s fault. It´s purely the ignorant foreign theifs fault.
Everyone who doesn´t understand that can get an education.

This is called BIGOTRY....:sick:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This woman has obviously been in Thailand long enough to have assimilated  the Thai "I can get away with it" attitude.

She probably knows,  "I didnt do it",  "My uncle is a big policeman", :Don't you know who I am?" and "Sorry, sorry" 

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Here we see a perfect example once again!

If you check the comment on this piece of news, you will find that the TV-posters blame the Thai staff or just think it´s funny and make a jike about it. When is it time for you people to grow up. I just guess it will never happen, because you sink down to such a low level of mentality and understanding that it´s purely disgusting.

By the way, as soon as a Thai person do something wrong, or the same as above, then you surely put you big teeth into it and feast on how bad they are. I just hope that you felt something from the social media comments Thai people made. I also hope it hurt a little and dropped you big ego´s to the level of a threshold.

People who travel to Thailand for long stay or holiday, as said, pay for thier air fare, room and so on. Why would it be accepted that these people behave the way they just did in a foreign country? They should simply be arrested, grilled for a couple of hours, have to pay a hefty fine or serve time. After that deport their sorry <deleted> from the country. Preferably from the whole planet. Purely disgusting and disrespectful behaviour of people that probably like to call themselfs grown-ups and adults. In my book they are ignorant children with a very low level of knowledge how to act and behave.

With that said. It´s not the Thai´s fault. It´s not the staff´s fault. It´s purely the ignorant foreign theifs fault.
Everyone who doesn´t understand that can get an education.

Yeah yeah we get it. Thais are totally innocent and always behave impeccably wherever they are. They are quiet, gentle, peaceful Buddhists who would never even dream of even looking at somebody wrongly. They're kind and generous and only ever look out for the best interests of us guests. Quite incredible that they even let us monsters into this delicate land given all the amount of trouble we cause. It's actually difficult to believe they even have prisons. I guess they're full of foreigners too. 

Meanwhile, back in the real world, drunk people do stupid things regardless of nationality, religion or skin colour and 99.9% certainly don't get banged up or deported for it.

What drive me mad is this Thai attitude to generalize. They think all farangs are thieves or depraved just because some are. I work my ass out every day, respect the rules and the culture and even defend them sometimes with other farangs.

I pay more taxes than the average Thai does, and yet I'm asked to pay twice as much (or more) the Thai price in most places I visit. 

I have only duties and no rights whatsoever, I get absolutely nothing in change for the tax I pay, I have to report to the police every 90 days as if I was a criminal, and on and on. I could write 10 pages of this garbage. 

I don't think any Thai will ever read this post and even in the very unlikely event, they wouldn't probably understand it because their English is simply non-existant.

But if, by a miracle, a Thai has read so far I'd like to say that most of the Thai woman in my country are prostitutes and those who aren't have been prostitutes at some point in time.

Are you sure you want me to generalize? Because that would come down to your mother, sister and all your family as well. So what should I do? Do you want me to think the "Thai way" or perhaps you want to reconsider your position? 

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

why blame the staff?....

is the fault of the staff if they naively believed that farangs are honest?...

which obviously is not the case  here, with such farang tourist thieves who tarnish the image of all farangs in Thailand!

Stupid bar design. If left in reach it will be used 

1 hour ago, Araiwah said:

Yeah yeah we get it. Thais are totally innocent and always behave impeccably wherever they are. They are quiet, gentle, peaceful Buddhists who would never even dream of even looking at somebody wrongly. They're kind and generous and only ever look out for the best interests of us guests. Quite incredible that they even let us monsters into this delicate land given all the amount of trouble we cause. It's actually difficult to believe they even have prisons. I guess they're full of foreigners too. 

Meanwhile, back in the real world, drunk people do stupid things regardless of nationality, religion or skin colour and 99.9% certainly don't get banged up or deported for it.

As I expected. There will always be a wide range of people that does not understand what they read, or just don´t want to understand. Just like them, you put yourself much closer to the level of the threshold.

I never said that we are more bad, or that Thai people are always good. You just missed everything. That´s quite amazing as it is amusing with a big comment like I wrote. To make it easy for you I will explain it in 2 sentences.

Everytime a foreigner do something wrong, there are most comments with excuses, fun and bashing of Thai people.
Everytime a Thai makes something wrong, there are most comments about bashing and how wrong it is.

Hope you understood the meaning of the post now. Your eariler reply was just totally out of context, twisted and actually full of lies too. While my post shed light on the totally bad behaviour in this forum based on facts.

The fact is that the woman has stolen from this bar.  Indeed, the bar setup is poor and I am sure this is not the first time drinks have been stolen.  People who understand -bar science- would never allow a customer to have access to the bar's stock. The question is what do you do about it-

-If the person is known - I would confront her with the video and work out a financial settlement and allow the customer to pay.

-If the person is unknown- and never been seen before- I would not even bother to report it to the police and use the incident as a training lesson for my staff.

-I would immediately relocate my liquor bottles and redesign my layout so no customer could ever reach the bottles and immediately call all the staff together to have a discussion on how to avoid this in the future and how to handle it- if somehow it happened again.

The bottom line is that this is petty theft- it happens to be a Western foreigner but it could as well have been a Thai patron. Dishonesty  occurs in all nationalities and races of people. However, because it is a foreigner- and it happened in Thailand- most locals will look at it n disgust and stereotype all foreigners as potentially bad .

2 hours ago, chuang said:

This is called BIGOTRY....:sick:

Nope! An opinoin is one thing. Trying to give information in the purpose of hiding the real ugly truth is another. In my book it´s called manipulation and in some areas pure discrimination up to rascism. On the other hand, maybe there are so many doing that because the problem just got a little bit too close to home. The face of the foreigner must now be cleansed in a bunch of lies and irrelevant information.

this is a crime against Thailand, when a foreigner does something wrong its their xenophobia that comes into play we are all robbers to them, the cheek of those girls taking advantage of our short comings.

I live here would never take that chance but if they get caught they will receive no Justice will be banged up like common criminals for a little misdemeanor, mean while as 1 example, ladyboys continues to rod and assault tourists with impunity.

1 hour ago, Araiwah said:

Must take the advantage of this one too. Here it just have to be explained truthfully. The ones that were up for discussion did something called stealing. That´s an unlawful act. I guess you just very quickly understand that it does not have the same meaning as stupid things. Up to my knowledge an unlawful act in any country has a punishment for the crime. But maybe you are right. 99,9% might get away from the long arm of the law. It will still be unlawful, though. Not only a stupid little thing.

This woman, if guilty as charged by the witnesses,  deserves all the negative comments she gets, except perhaps the one calling for "her hand to be smashed to pieces". which could be considered as a bit over the top.  After all, this is Thailand and not Saudi Arabia.

However, I am constantly amazed at how excited and horrified many Thais are about incidents like this, or about a soi dog being mistreated in some way, when many serious crimes like corruption, fraud, murder, assaults, and child molestation or mistreatment and even torture, to name a few, seem to be tolerated with less obvious condemnation.

2 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

This woman, if guilty as charged by the witnesses,  deserves all the negative comments she gets, except perhaps the one calling for "her hand to be smashed to pieces". which could be considered as a bit over the top.  After all, this is Thailand and not Saudi Arabia.

However, I am constantly amazed at how excited and horrified many Thais are about incidents like this, or about a soi dog being mistreated in some way, when many serious crimes like corruption, fraud, murder, assaults, and child molestation or mistreatment and even torture, to name a few, seem to be tolerated with less obvious condemnation.

It probably have to do with that they read TVF. They see how much shit they get for every little small thing that can be bashed. They then get very happy when they can do the same thing to us. It´s called taking advantage of the situation. I, for one, is happy for that and believe it all in the place of rightness. Off course you are right about that there are much more important things to worry about. That´s also why I get so wind up when the posters here have to try to blame Thai staff for things like this.

Thais , as much as I like them, have a very hard time accepting the truth that their society is not perfect and indeed some Thais commit horrible crimes. To  most, it is much easier to save face by ascribing  bad behavior to foreigners and believe in  the theory that a Thai would never commit a heinous act. Reality and the news shows a much different story.

1 minute ago, Thaidream said:

Thais , as much as I like them, have a very hard time accepting the truth that their society is not perfect and indeed some Thais commit horrible crimes. To  most, it is much easier to save face by ascribing  bad behavior to foreigners and believe in  the theory that a Thai would never commit a heinous act. Reality and the news shows a much different story.

sounds a bit like the american dream and some of the past and current US or Russian:cheesy: propaganda? ... no offence to our american friends naturally...

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

it is such farang dishonest jerks and as*h**l*s who tarnish the image of all farangs in Thailand....human nature can tend to generalize....let's face it,  as we have all generalized at some point....they plainly deserve overnight deportation just as any other farangs making trouble....

If I made such a remark concerning Thais , or indeed any other race of people , I would deserve to be roundly shouted down. The only people who think this girl tarnishes all Farangs are ignorant bigots.

Always great to see TV promoting racist taunts via the reporting of this episode. 

It doesn't become a joke when someone actually thinks about taking action over the remarks made. TV also has a duty of care when reporting; sensationalising such a report should also show balance. The OP encourages hatred.

I don't condone stealing, but to hop on the bandwagon and say nothing is another thing.

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

Up theres they think they are cool pinching a few free drinks but too bad they were not caught and got to spend some time at the police station. Thieves nothing worse.

My guess is they do it at home too.

Years back I occasionally went to a couple of local discos (western country), nobody would ever leave their drink unattended, even for 20 seconds, because thee was a good chance it would be stolen.

Both venues had no door entry fee, just walk in, big crowds, a % had a totally free night out and got drunk into the bargain, free, by roaming around and stealing others peoples drinks. 

10 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

If I made such a remark concerning Thais , or indeed any other race of people , I would deserve to be roundly shouted down. The only people who think this girl tarnishes all Farangs are ignorant bigots.

hum..interesting!...somebody seems to have missed out in the cruisade that no specific nationality was cited!!!!!...some  should try taking their sunglasses off and slow down on the booze maybe:cheesy:

I guess the logics of human behaviour with the obvious consequences or correlations between cause and effect , are missed out from the narrow minded!!...whatever...

p.s. Bigot seems a word highly in fashion currently....

Yes, she is a thief and should be punished... but Thais outraged???? What a laugh. Im an old man, I've live and traveled around the world. And, I have been ripped off 10x more in my short stay in Thailand by these smiling (yet outraged) Thais, than in all the other places combined, over a multitude of more years. I recall a news article many years ago, written by a Thai woman, where she interviewed a large number of local thais, high to low social classes on their beliefs on the subject of honesty. Over 80% said that stealing was ok if you did not steal from your family. When asked about friends, still over 80% said, as long as they are not family, its ok. I'll put a little effort into finding the article, but it was published outside of Thailand, so, it might be hard to recall which paper i read it in.

13 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Always great to see TV promoting racist taunts via the reporting of this episode. 

It doesn't become a joke when someone actually thinks about taking action over the remarks made. TV also has a duty of care when reporting; sensationalising such a report should also show balance. The OP encourages hatred.

I don't condone stealing, but to hop on the bandwagon and say nothing is another thing.

Perhaps TV/the Press is trying to pass a message to the farangs who misbehave (and if you travel a bit around Thailand) I am sure that a  person of your calibre has noticed it?....

Human nature being such, one would only tend to remember those who misbehave and forget about those who are decent fun loving people?

I am rather shocked to read some posts trying to minimise such thieving attitudes from tourists, who give a bad image to all the other farangs established in Thailand....

I do not see any fuel of hate but the Thais would be shocked to see farangs covering up other farangs who misbehave.....we would be doing exactly what we blame the Thais for doing all the time.

People need to learn through information...shutting down freedom of speech with censure?...once again we spend our days whiming that this is going on in the world but when it suits us, we call for such measures!!

My wife's handbag got snatched in a bar - no chance of even filing a report and the nicking of my iPhone 6S never made the news either; both happened in Bangkok in reputable pubs in Thonglor - so not the sleazy kind of establishment. 
Lesson learnt is, no handbags and no phones; leave 'em in the hotel. 

Archived