Convicted Dutch money launderer and Thai wife have sentences drastically reduced

webfact

4 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

Rather aptly named, that.

Let us not forget the dirty games from the Dutch prosecutors office.

There was no case to be made against him in his own country, the Thai authorities were contacted, envelopes were asked but not given.

No shred of evidence of money laundering, but there he went.

Shameful business of the Dutch justice department.

Ally theory of course!!!!!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Not really, Honor among thieves is dead....He had

to find someone he could trust to get their hands

on the 10's of millions stashed....Lawyer were out,

of course!?

If that's the case must be very hard to have that sort of money available to get you out of the shxt and can't trust anyone to do the right thing with your money for you.

I read about this a while ago. The information I read was that his actions were lawful in the Country they were carried out in.

It was outside Thailand, a number of years ago (consider the Statute of Limitations for matters). Has the Dutch government not involved itself to safeguard it's citizen (thereby also protecting his wife)? 

4 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

I remember this case from 2014 and that I was thinking that he was set up after maybe stepping on somebody's toes. 

Thailand is a lovely country, but there is a lot behind their smiles. And if you make the wrong people lose face you are in big trouble, no matter how much money you got.

This is only unfair for foreigners with a lot of money but Thai with millions can still stay out of the jail despite a warrant for arrest.

I think the trouble for them began after he send much more money to Thailand than he legally made in Holland.Red flag.The Dutch government wants to talk to him about that,before they could not find any evidence.

He has done 3 years here already,one more and he will be sent back to Holland.

Once back there he will have to explain a few things.

His ordeal here will last just one more year.

1 hour ago, Adeeos said:

If I remember the story correctly,, he made all the $$ COMPLETELY legally in Holland,, he was under investigation for tax evasion several times there, and EVERY time, no evidence was found to charge/convict him, Must have really peeved off the Dutch tax man that chased him, so he contacted the Thai authorities to, "Keep an eye on him" or similar,, Once the thieving Thai's found out what he was worth is when he was found to be "guilty" here,, for laundering money in Holland, which he was NEVER even CHARGED with there, let alone convicted of THERE!,,,,, So the Thai's convicted him of a crime HERE, that he wasn't even charged with in his home country... And the THIEVING Thai's here, divided up his wealth,, No doubts, had he not transfered his wealth into to Thailand,, they would have arrested and charged him, ,he'd have paid a fine, and been back out in a week's time.. The only criminals in this story, are the multiple Thai, "authorities". 

In the meantime officials on both sides keep on waing each other. Sickening.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He shouldn't be serving any time at all. 

He broke no laws here. 

Exactly. Since when does spending your money, obtained legally constitute money laundering?

Speculation. Like other posters have said. Somebody's jealous. Somewhere. Ostentation can be a curse and perhaps some toes were stepped upon. Its easy to imagine. Anecdotally at least I have found some of these people from his area have a lot of 'attitude'. Asians don't like it. Neither do I. 

The facts are,, selling pot in Holland was legal,, paying taxes on that income was legal,, He's charged and in prison here, for LAUNDERING.... NOT for selling pot, NOT for evading taxes there, or in Thailand,, He's in prison in Thailand for laundering money,, which if he paid proper taxes on the pot sales in Holland, is NOT laundering,, Now if they could prove he was selling heroin, or another illegal activity in Holland, and not reporting THOSE funds,, and brought those into Thailand, then ya,, he was laundering,, Had they claimed he was in prison for selling pot, which is of course illegal here,, I could "kind" of wrap my head around it,, even though still COMPLETE BULL$HIT,,, His big mistake was transfering his money into Thailand, and not either leaving it in Holland, or putting it into a Swiss, or off-shore account,, They did nothing more here than find a reason to STEAL his money, As I said before,, if he hadn't brought the money into Thailand, and was only a "rich" guy,, that they couldn't actually steal it all from him here,, He'd have been charged, tossed in prison, until he paid a hefty, "fine",,, Since when can a country convict someone for a crime, that they didn't commit in their own country, and was never charged,  And DIDN'T commit the crime in the country that charged them with it? He's not been charged with laundering in Thailand!... He's in prison because someone with that wealth, couldn't be allowed out, to be able to battle them,,, This is nothing more than thievery at the highest level,,, nothing more,, 

9 minutes ago, Maggusoil said:

Exactly. Since when does spending your money, obtained legally constitute money laundering?

Speculation. Like other posters have said. Somebody's jealous. Somewhere. Ostentation can be a curse and perhaps some toes were stepped upon. Its easy to imagine. Anecdotally at least I have found some of these people from his area have a lot of 'attitude'. Asians don't like it. Neither do I. 

could you be more specific about "these people from his area"? 

33 minutes ago, kevden said:

I read about this a while ago. The information I read was that his actions were lawful in the Country they were carried out in.

It was outside Thailand, a number of years ago (consider the Statute of Limitations for matters). Has the Dutch government not involved itself to safeguard it's citizen (thereby also protecting his wife)? 

The actions of making the money were lawful, nothing wrong with selling or growing marijuana in his home country.  Bu the details seem to be that he did not pay taxes properly. That is why his government went after him

He has done NOTHING wrong in Thailand with the only exception of bringing Gerard Spong as a defense lawyer to Thailand.
His "Dutch approach" messed up Johan's court-case...
Gerard Spong ignored the typical "Thai lobby" and went straight for the bullseye.
A crucial mistake. Incontrovertible. 

22 minutes ago, Wim1954 said:

This is only unfair for foreigners with a lot of money but Thai with millions can still stay out of the jail despite a warrant for arrest.

Not really, and not everyone takes bribes in Thailand. But unfortunally its very usual. The thing is to stay on the right side of the law, but IF you dont and get caught, make sure to do whatever you can to sort things out before it get to the court (and in the news..).

When it comes to Thais with an insane lot of money, as the red bull heir, its something else... he will get of the hook, they will make sure he is "saved by the bell" (the statue of limitations in his charges is in October as far as I know).

42 minutes ago, catman20 said:

If that's the case must be very hard to have that sort of money available to get you out of the shxt and can't trust anyone to do the right thing with your money for you.

Seems like water seeks its own level.....Trash begets trash.....try

to find someone to trust among these elements....Good Luck

10 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

The actions of making the money were lawful, nothing wrong with selling or growing marijuana in his home country.  Bu the details seem to be that he did not pay taxes properly. That is why his government went after him

Yes, and no,, they went after him several times in Holland for supposedly evading taxes,, he was investigated several times, but never convicted,, From what I remember reading way back,, a Dutch authority that just couldn't get anything to, "stick" made contact with the Thai authorities,, and, "made them aware" of who the guy was, etc... The Thai authorities saw $$$$$ IN Thailand, and proceed from there,, Again, from reading before, he was never charged with laundering in Holland,, but tax evasion,,, so for the Thai's to charge him with laundering is nothing more than an excuse to seize his funds and divide them up amongst themselves,,, NOTHING more

The pair should not be in prison. They committed no crimes <deleted>! Serious 'face' issue...... again........ The 'high up persons' already split the booty......... so can't let them out........

2 minutes ago, Slotman said:

The pair should not be in prison. They committed no crimes <deleted>! Serious 'face' issue...... again........ The 'high up persons' already split the booty......... so can't let them out........

Exactly,, that and the fact that if out,, he'd be much more able to pursue them to get his money and property returned.

14 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

If that's the case they should have sent him back and he can answer the charges!  it's a disgrace 

4 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

Yes, and no,, they went after him several times in Holland for supposedly evading taxes,, he was investigated several times, but never convicted,, From what I remember reading way back,, a Dutch authority that just couldn't get anything to, "stick" made contact with the Thai authorities,, and, "made them aware" of who the guy was, etc... The Thai authorities saw $$$$$ IN Thailand, and proceed from there,, Again, from reading before, he was never charged with laundering in Holland,, but tax evasion,,, so for the Thai's to charge him with laundering is nothing more than an excuse to seize his funds and divide them up amongst themselves,,, NOTHING more

yeah, but I don't think the investigations were never officially closed or over.  I have no idea which authorities or agencies had jurisdiction.  seems like some gray areas and things.  I don't know how one would get the draconian sword removed from one's head before traveling abroad.  And yes, what the Thais did is disgusting.  He broke no law in either country.  Should have just been extradited and things resolved that way. 

What at all, would keep the Thai, "justice" system,,, from stitching up ANYONE with $$$, for a crime that a person's home country couldn't convict of that crime?.... Say someone was charged with selling stolen cars in their home country,, got off on some technicality,, moved to Thailand, transfered all their $$$$$ into Thailand,, The Thai authorities find out they're wealthy, and charge them with laundering $$ from selling stolen cars... seizing all their property and funds,, and tossing them in prison?.... NOTHING! That's EXACTLY what's happened here,,, 

He know the risk as well the Thai law still stupid enough to go to Thailand

All reduced to what is maximum possible. So nothing changed just correction.

He earned money that even in The Netherland was seen as illegal. And the Thai sentenced on the evidence provided.

He went to Thailand because there is not exchange

So what you see here is just a man who think he can do what he want and that brought him the problems.

5 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

I remember this case from 2014 and that I was thinking that he was set up after maybe stepping on somebody's toes.

Thailand is a lovely country, but there is a lot behind their smiles. And if you make the wrong people lose face you are in big trouble, no matter how much money you got.

Wow. Great insight that.

Any more words of wisdom?

Archived