Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Truer words...

Nonsense whoever does this is to blame don't bring in your 'perfect thais' bias into this discussion. Black, White, Farang or Thai he was in the wrong stop trolling please.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

Nonsense whoever does this is to blame don't bring in your 'perfect thais' bias into this discussion. Black, White, Farang or Thai he was in the wrong stop trolling please.

Where did I say Thais were perfect? I agree with the sentiment that if it were a Thai that had committed this crime the hang em high brigade would be well and truly out in force. The Aussie is a goose and deserves to be locked up for a very long time. Get over yourself mate im not trolling I agree with what Peterw42 has to say. 

2 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I am not sure what would be worse, facing a certain gouging by the Thai legal system or, living with that carnage on your conscience.

The latter will haunt him for the rest of his life. 

RIP to the deceased wife/mother and I hope the boys make a full recovery. 

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Where did I say Thais were perfect? I agree with the sentiment that if it were a Thai that had committed this crime the hang em high brigade would be well and truly out in force. The Aussie is a goose and deserves to be locked up for a very long time. Get over yourself mate im not trolling I agree with what Peterw42 has to say. 

I meant him not you we are not discussing if, if, if it were a Thai or if it were Santa Claus

we are discussing what happened and how this fool destroyed lives with his reckless actions 

The details are vague but if it was a pursuit at speed then the police bear ( a small) part of the responsibility: follow at a distance, monitor and arrest at the destination should be the rule ( unless there is imminent danger to human life).

Rubbish , there are places they will shoot you . Stop for the coppers , same as home [emoji537] RIP THE MUM Hope for the kids .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Blinky62 said:

Rubbish , there are places they will shoot you . Stop for the coppers , same as home emoji537.png RIP THE MUM Hope for the kids .

It has nothing whatever to do with the rights of the perpetrator but EVERYTHING to do with protecting the public from risk. It is standard procedure to pursue from a distance....sometimes it doesn't work , eg Melbourne Bourke Street Mall, most times it does. Certainly not rubbish.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Deserves 10+ years in a thai hell hole.  All the lefty nutjobs and hug a slimeball lunatics in Australia will come out in support of the poor guy.  Call your wife and get her to drop you off a toothbrush and kiss her goodbye.

Being oft accused as being a lefty, [and a right winger as well, amongst other things], I will say, this lefty thinks he has to do some sort of gaol time.

He's killed someone due to reckless driving.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

This moron idiot now is going to give all us foreigners driving cars

a bad name, and there's nothing more entertaining for the local people

than pointing fingers at foreigners.. what  a complete imbecilic dunce

not to own to a minor accident and be done with it....

Kinda like when a Thai does it people here judge all Thai drivers, ain't it?

Fleeing the scene is often the correct thing to do but not when the police are there! 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The article and events are bad, that's for sure.

But I'm not sure what to make of the "fleeing" the scene of the accident and being chased by police bit.  The article kind of makes it sound like the guy was running away from the accident and police when the fatal crash occurred.

But at another point in the article, after the initial smaller accident, it says he was heading to Central for lunch.

He obviously didn't stop after the initial minor accidents. But it also doesn't sound like he was like racing away to avoid the police when the second, fatal crash occurred.

Not sure what was going on with this guy, but he does certainly seem a menace on the road. Wonder what his "mental illness" is all about.

Agreed.

Firstly, we must try to understand (easy for me, I've done it myself) that after an accident it's possible to become very afraid, to panic, and to carry on thinking that we can sort it out later on.

Secondly, if police chase you in this country you might be afraid to be caught. It happens often even in the UK and USA. Police on TV shows asking people thy chased 'why did you run from us? we never hurt anyone' well ROFL to that.

Thirdly, while you're busy condemning this guy - you have no idea what he's like. Maybe a nice guy who has mental issues, a touch of panic is all it takes. Now it's all over for him and I can't imagine even wanting to punish him with what he now has to face up to, what happened due to his actions...

So just quit the judgmental attitudes and have a little empathy. Until we really understand (and news articles are very frequently inaccurate and misleading) then just show some humanity.

Not condoning his actions, but my fellow countryman probably panicked thinking he was in for a sword attack or a beating by the local lynch mob after the initial accident. Thais fleeing the scene of an accident is very common for the same reason. The police are partly responsible for the death of the woman for their chase imho. Surely they had enough information to arrest him later. Did the woman contribute to her own death by riding on the wrong side of the road? Report doesn't say. Anyway, RIP lady. Fellow Aussie is in for a very hard time that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Deserves 10+ years in a thai hell hole.  All the lefty nutjobs and hug a slimeball lunatics in Australia will come out in support of the poor guy.  Call your wife and get her to drop you off a toothbrush and kiss her goodbye.

All the lefty nutjobs and hug a slimeball lunatics in Australia will come out in support of the poor guy.

There's plenty of nutjobs worldwide, Australia hasn't cornered the market.

Heart goes out to the husband and kids. WOW!

Mental problems? Like to see if it was alcohol related.

Proven sanity should be criteria for one to be able to stay in Thailand. It is the mental ones who come here because they can't stay in their own country that give the normal ones of us, or close to normal a bad rap. 

That said, rack the guy up and he needs to pay the family handsomely. He deserves what he gets. His life should be over now!

There has been a number of troll posts as well as answers to them removed.

In addition to those , some bickering and off topic posts  have been removed.

Please keep on topic and beware of the consequences of your trolling.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

".......He was on his way to eat at Central Plaza when he collided with the motorcycle....."

He did not get to Central Plaza for lunch, and may have to choose from Udon Prison's extensive menu for some time to come.

"Would you like some maggots with your rice?"

30 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Heart goes out to the husband and kids. WOW!

Mental problems? Like to see if it was alcohol related.

Proven sanity should be criteria for one to be able to stay in Thailand. It is the mental ones who come here because they can't stay in their own country that give the normal ones of us, or close to normal a bad rap. 

That said, rack the guy up and he needs to pay the family handsomely. He deserves what he gets. His life should be over now!

Proven sanity should be criteria for one to be able to stay in Thailand. Who gets to decide that? Name me one country in the world where you have to prove that you're sane before they let you in. Ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Proven sanity should be criteria for one to be able to stay in Thailand. Who gets to decide that? Name me one country in the world where you have to prove that you're sane before they let you in. Ridiculous.

Thailand should be one for long term stayers. Not sure how many TV posters would make the OK cut though! hahahahaha

It has nothing whatever to do with the rights of the perpetrator but EVERYTHING to do with protecting the public from risk. It is standard procedure to pursue from a distance....sometimes it doesn't work , eg Melbourne Bourke Street Mall, most times it does. Certainly not rubbish.

Bourke st was a terrorist attack

4 hours ago, robblok said:

That totally depends on what kind of guy you are.. on that values money over life or not. 

I certainly would not want to be in his shoes. Seems not only Thais use the mental illness excuse. 

This guy gives us all a bad name, but it shows us also that foreigners are not total saints. Lots of bad apples here too maybe should keep that in mind the next time we start bashing Thais. You read it quite often about a Thai doing a runner but I have read now more then enough times about foreigners doing the same, even though there are far less of us.

When Thais do it they get hung out here, when a foreigner does it there will always be those defending him / her on here. 

Certainly not from me.

Throw the book at him. ???

People need to be responsible for there actions . It's not everyone else's fault. Sounds to me like he triad to do a runner and it's turned bad . If he had health issues, don't drive. Saying that he needs some serious help now and some cash . Bad situation , all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived