Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for sharing this info and if correct about kids RIP and yes this new data certainly is very different and brings into question the use of force taken and the disregard for the consequences of such force which may have contributed to the collision. 

Yes, the police should back off and see if he could have caused further destruction.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Sealbash said:

I would say not. If he was "fleeing the police" it is all his fault. One should stop for the police, not flee.

Considering all the reports seem to be coming from the police, excuse me for being a tad skeptical as to their version of events

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The question is, were the police in any way responsible for the accident?

The police shot his tyres and led to the death of a woman and a few kids according to our updated pictures...

Now what we need to know is what led to him being chased and having an accident. I'm not ready to forgive him yet - but I'm not ready to convict him of wrongful killing on the limited input we've had so far.

There's no 'evidence' yet. If the police shot tyres, then they're quite capable of coming up with evidence, so I'm not going to join the rest of the idiots in jumping to conclusion based on 'evidence' coming up on ThaiVisa or newspapers.

8 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

I would say not. If he was "fleeing the police" it is all his fault. One should stop for the police, not flee.

Right. Australians trust their police, don't they. They trust Thai police in the boonies, don't they. The Thai police are very trustworthy and you should always stop for them.

People shot dead by Thai police are all bad people, aren't they.

Is there ANY other country that endorses police drawing weapons and shooting at truck tyres when there are women driving bikes with kids out of school?

Considering all the reports seem to be coming from the police, excuse me for being a tad skeptical as to their version of events

No, the reports are coming from reporters. The reporters have the same access to witnesses as they do police. Honest and accurate reporting does not equate to sales of news, nor to clicks on websites. Why do you assume reporters are accurately reporting what police have said or are doing? Media is an entertainment business, and will publish whatever appeals to the masses. But then, any excuse to denigrate the Thai police is always welcomed here.

3 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Certainly not from me.

Throw the book at him. ???

Any particular book? Bible, Koran, encyclopedia?

3 hours ago, RandG said:

Jujt throw the key away!

Not a good idea, friends may find it and let him out. 

Sorry, but these  dumb statements were done well by George Carlin

5 hours ago, Dodgydownunder said:

Not condoning his actions, but my fellow countryman probably panicked thinking he was in for a sword attack or a beating by the local lynch mob after the initial accident. Thais fleeing the scene of an accident is very common for the same reason. The police are partly responsible for the death of the woman for their chase imho. Surely they had enough information to arrest him later. Did the woman contribute to her own death by riding on the wrong side of the road? Report doesn't say. Anyway, RIP lady. Fellow Aussie is in for a very hard time that's for sure.

If he is fleeing in fear of his life, you dont flee to central for a spot of lunch.

5 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

No, the reports are coming from reporters. The reporters have the same access to witnesses as they do police. Honest and accurate reporting does not equate to sales of news, nor to clicks on websites. Why do you assume reporters are accurately reporting what police have said or are doing? Media is an entertainment business, and will publish whatever appeals to the masses. But then, any excuse to denigrate the Thai police is always welcomed here.

Reporters don't ask hard questions here, they're terrified of repercussions if the police are reported in a bad light.

9 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Farang flees the scene   . . .  :shock1:

A minor scrape and does a runner!

Then nearly wipes out an entire family.

I wouldn't like to be in this guys shoes, that's for sure.

Very sorry for the thai death and her passangers badly hurt. Now 15 year jail for him. Pay all expencies for the children. But 3 people on a 2 seat motorbike is illegal and if he hit them head on who was on the wrong side of the road. If the thai lady was on the wrong side of the road then his sentence should be reduced by say 5 years to 10 years. Sorry its my opinion

Which allows TVF members to speculate until we have speculated any farang guilt away and placed all the blame on BIB?

Maybe it is better if members stop speculating until I have a little bit more evidence to go on. We have had two sides of the argument, people who believe that if he is guilty then he should be banged up for life and now people who believe that the police are not so squeaky clean as the previously imagined. Remember also that the world is infinite and they may also be other contributing factors which came along before the police!

Let us just start with his blood alcohol level.

9 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I am not sure what would be worse, facing a certain gouging by the Thai legal system or, living with that carnage on your conscience.

Guilty until proven innocent. Why did the motorcycle drive into the car?

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Deserves 10+ years in a thai hell hole.  All the lefty nutjobs and hug a slimeball lunatics in Australia will come out in support of the poor guy.  Call your wife and get her to drop you off a toothbrush and kiss her goodbye.

What that idiot did is of course unforgivable. However the lefties will not be batting for him, that's reserved only for female drug traffickers.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

This moron idiot now is going to give all us foreigners driving cars

a bad name, and there's nothing more entertaining for the local people

than pointing fingers at foreigners.. what  a complete imbecilic dunce

not to own to a minor accident and be done with it....

I am saddened by this as already dealing with mental health issues,  this could push him over the edge. 

As for the family he has destroyed,  I hope they can get enough money out of him to save the lives of the rest of the family. 

Tragic and despicable. 

this is not an isolated incident,   it happens more than people would imagine and rarely hits the news

a tragic needless and totally avoidable accident, so very sad for the family involved ,i cant even begin to imagine the pain of their loss  and the guilt and remorse of the  Aussie driver

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

Like the reporter that asked me 'how did you know the guy was taking photos of the girls under the toilet doors' recently... the same story then popping up in various 'respectable' web and news sites later in the game...

Yes, right on.

11 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"Isolated incident" or pattern?  Background check should be done ASAP ?

Sure, there could be a few murderers and rapists amongst the boys in brown - maybe even some drug traffickers.

We really don't know what happened in terms of fleeing chasing or trying to locate driver AND what caused the head on...

they are two separate incidents which the Details aren't yet public...

one also doesn't start saying 15 years just B/c people die....one needs to determine who was at fault ,who had licenses registration helmets  what rules were broken that lead to injuries etc

Just now, Stevemercer said:

Did the police shoot out the tires causing the man's truck to veer out of control into the motorbike?

That's the latest input - though I'm not totally convinced of any of it just yet...

If the police shot out his tyres, then he's completely blameless.

Even in Western countries, USA and UK at least, if the police use stinger or cars to stop a runaway, they're responsible for causing injury. They are expected to let them go and make a later arrest if it gets to be life threatening.

Whatever this Ozzie has done, he doesn't deserve to be blamed for damage caused by them shooting out his tyres.

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The article and events are bad, that's for sure.

But I'm not sure what to make of the "fleeing" the scene of the accident and being chased by police bit.  The article kind of makes it sound like the guy was running away from the accident and police when the fatal crash occurred.

But at another point in the article, after the initial smaller accident, it says he was heading to Central for lunch.

He obviously didn't stop after the initial minor accidents. But it also doesn't sound like he was like racing away to avoid the police when the second, fatal crash occurred.

Not sure what was going on with this guy, but he does certainly seem a menace on the road. Wonder what his "mental illness" is all about.

Exactly - this doesn't add up.

Is the minor incident in any way connected to this second incident ? I do question this.

How long before the second indident did the first incident happen ? Hours before ?

The article is written like he was fleeing from the police who miraculously turned up within seconds to be able to give chase but I have a feeling they only knew about this incident as his license plate number was familiar due to the earlier report.

In short - I don't believe a word of it.

Archived