Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aussie flees car accident scene, goes on to kill 2 Thais on motorbike

By Coconuts Bangkok 

screenshot_4962.jpg

Photos: Sanook

UDON THANI: -- While attempting to flee a minor car accident he caused, an Australian expat crashed his pickup truck into a motorcycle and killed two riders yesterday in Udon Thani.

The 55-year-old foreigner, only identified as Jack, told police he felt drowsy after taking some medication, and therefore grazed a taxi and public bus outside Central shopping mall.

In a panic, the foreigner tried to flee the scene and was chased by police. Unexpectedly, he got into another accident, this time crashing into a motorbike carrying three passengers at a curve on the road leading to the city shrine, Sanook reported.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/aussie-flees-car-accident-scene-goes-kill-2-thais-motorbike/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-21

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Aussie flees car accident scene, goes on to kill 2 Thais on motorbike

By Coconuts Bangkok 

screenshot_4962.jpg

Photos: Sanook

UDON THANI: -- While attempting to flee a minor car accident he caused, an Australian expat crashed his pickup truck into a motorcycle and killed two riders yesterday in Udon Thani.

The 55-year-old foreigner, only identified as Jack, told police he felt drowsy after taking some medication, and therefore grazed a taxi and public bus outside Central shopping mall.

In a panic, the foreigner tried to flee the scene and was chased by police. Unexpectedly, he got into another accident, this time crashing into a motorbike carrying three passengers at a curve on the road leading to the city shrine, Sanook reported.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/aussie-flees-car-accident-scene-goes-kill-2-thais-motorbike/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-21

Just shows you how something minor can turn into something catastrophic. What meds was he on?  did they blood test him?  Either way he is toast

RiP those innocent who have lost their lives because of thoroughly stupid decisions by this idiot.

I don't think this is correct reporting. My friend who lives very near there and whose brother is a Policeman in Udon said that he was fleeing, perhaps from the initial crash, and this road is very small, certainly not a road to speed down. She said the Police shot his tires out, and maybe this is when he crashed. Also she was told he was drunk.. she sent me some photos, not with his face blotted out, but for the life of me can't find them at the moment. She also said that the two in hospital had died.. I wonder if the real story will come out ? Who knows ?

7 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

I don't think this is correct reporting. My friend who lives very near there and whose brother is a Policeman in Udon said that he was fleeing, perhaps from the initial crash, and this road is very small, certainly not a road to speed down. She said the Police shot his tires out, and maybe this is when he crashed. Also she was told he was drunk.. she sent me some photos, not with his face blotted out, but for the life of me can't find them at the moment. She also said that the two in hospital had died.. I wonder if the real story will come out ? Who knows ?

BS detector is acting strange won't stop buzzing She said

4 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Kinda like when a Thai does it people here judge all Thai drivers, ain't it?

Fleeing the scene is often the correct thing to do but not when the police are there! 

Would  a  Thai have stopped ,  after  a minor trafic incident . nope

Would  a farlang  have stopped , after a minor trafic incident ,unlikely .

Would you have stopped ? 

Three up and no helmets . RIP.

2 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Vehicular manslaughter x 3. Are you suggesting perhaps slapping a restriction on his drivers license or attending a drivers education class? 

He killed the woman didn't he. How do you make that 3?

Crazy how your life and the lives of others around you can literally change forever or end totally with the split second choice you may make. In these types of situations, it is a matter of not thinking and letting your emotions / ego take over and put you into auto pilot. This is why mental awareness and mindfulness is such a powerful thing to cultivate 

5 hours ago, starky said:

Where did I say Thais were perfect? I agree with the sentiment that if it were a Thai that had committed this crime the hang em high brigade would be well and truly out in force. The Aussie is a goose and deserves to be locked up for a very long time. Get over yourself mate im not trolling I agree with what Peterw42 has to say. 

How could you expect the hang em high brigade agreed with you :whistling:Pffff

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This moron idiot now is going to give all us foreigners driving cars

a bad name, and there's nothing more entertaining for the local people

than pointing fingers at foreigners.. what  a complete imbecilic dunce

not to own to a minor accident and be done with it....

Too true and unfortunately this guy isn't the only one. As I mentioned on another thread, two foreigners where I live also show a disregard for the traffic laws. R.I.P. to the lady and condolences to her family. I truly hope the children involved recover although it seems that will be unlikely given the nature of the injuries mentioned in the post.

8 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Farang flees the scene   . . .  :shock1:

A minor scrape and does a runner!

Then nearly wipes out an entire family.

I wouldn't like to be in this guys shoes, that's for sure.

He deserves every punishment that comes his way.

So I guess that you are all sure that if you were mentally sick it couldn't happen to you ? As you couldn't have killed a cop in an accident if you were a billionaire driving a ferrari ?

You are all so perfect guys !

Fortunately I am smart enough to imagine that anything could happen and not blame anybody in this situation. Not you most it seems.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

This moron idiot now is going to give all us foreigners driving cars

a bad name, and there's nothing more entertaining for the local people

than pointing fingers at foreigners.. what  a complete imbecilic dunce

not to own to a minor accident and be done with it....

And no recognition of the statement concerning mental issues? Jeeez...

This is not an accurate story. I have other photos, some quite distressing so I have not uploaded them. I was advised that the two children (6 and 9) in hospital had died and if you saw the other photos, then you would not be surprised. My friend who lives near there and whose brother is a Policeman in Udon said the Police shot the tires out, and were adamant that he was drunk.. this road is a very small road, and not the way to Central.

20170621213308.jpg

20170621213234.jpg

47 minutes ago, elliss said:

Would  a  Thai have stopped ,  after  a minor trafic incident . nope

Would  a farlang  have stopped , after a minor trafic incident ,unlikely .

Would you have stopped ? 

Three up and no helmets . RIP.

Helmet is no great help for a broken neck.

4 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

This is not an accurate story. I have other photos, some quite distressing so I have not uploaded them. I was advised that the two children (6 and 9) in hospital had died and if you saw the other photos, then you would not be surprised. My friend who lives near there and whose brother is a Policeman in Udon said the Police shot the tires out, and were adamant that he was drunk.. this road is a very small road, and not the way to Central.

20170621213308.jpg

20170621213234.jpg

Thanks for sharing this info and if correct about kids RIP and yes this new data certainly is very different and brings into question the use of force taken and the disregard for the consequences of such force which may have contributed to the collision. 

Archived