Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

14 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

so what happened to the killer ? How much did he have to pay to be free ?

There has not been much news concerning him or how much compensation he will volunteer of be coerced into paying. One thing is for sure, his payment will not be forthcoming quickly and the lad and his family need immediate help

There have been enough comments, questions and speculation, the only focus now should be on helping by making donations on the link that has been provided many times. It is a shame that more people that had plenty to say have not made donations, everyone can afford a little  …… and a big thank you to all those that have ?? ✌️✌️

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ben2talk said:

June 24th the report that the driver was over 2 times the alchohol limit, confirming some rumours that he was drunk. Any attempted benefits from doubts about his character or value completely evaporated now. 

Yesterday the boy was moved to general surgery and so out of airconditioned ICU... (apparently ICU 15 beds and lots of staff down to the super hot 100+ bed wards). The reporter visited and wrote a little at the link below... it's rather depressing to be honest.

http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/save-a-thai-boy-and-bury-his-mum

Thanks for the flag, I hadn't checked the link for a couple of days. I agree it is not great news, and the poor little lad is going to be in hospital for some time. The 50,000 target will be insufficient I fear; I have just made another donation and I hope people continue to give and don't assume that it is job done once this target is reached

I shared this on my Facebook timeline and my ex-wife Lizzie in London asked me to donate 1,000 Baht on her behalf and said she will transfer the equivalent amount in £ sterling to my UK account. I have just made the donation, so thanks very much Lizzie, bless you ............ the power of both social media, and generous spirited people ✌️✌️??

A Thai man from Udon who is the owner of several well known restaurants in London told me that he heard from someone back home that the driver had already paid the police and left the country for Cambodia. How true this is I have no idea, are there any recent sightings of him?

14 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

A Thai man from Udon who is the owner of several well known restaurants in London told me that he heard from someone back home that the driver had already paid the police and left the country for Cambodia. How true this is I have no idea, are there any recent sightings of him?

This is appalling news if it transpires to be true, especially as your implication is that he has paid the police, but not the family. However, as you admit yourself, this is completely unsubstantiated, and as such, it can only act as a catalyst for more accusations, speculation, allegations and bluster; surely this issue has seen enough conjecture already and is only in need of some facts, and of course, some more donations ………..  not more rumours. I do however sincerely hope there is no truth in this story, please keep us all informed if you get any more info. ✌️ ??

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

All went quiet after the word 'donation' was mentioned on page 50 :whistling:

Alls those TV members and everyone else that has chipped into the Wach fund gets a ten from Boycie :clap2:

Indeed so Boycie, indeed so ........ a lot of people with big talk and small pockets, but fortunately also a lot of people that have backed up their comments with generous donations; everyone reading this knows which category they fall into ✌️✌️ ?? 

21 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

Just like that stuck up moronic scouser who killed the 2 Thai guys after being drunk a few months back, not heard anything about that. This country is a shambles to say the least. Sit in a room by yourself smoking cannabis and you can face 1 year in prison, flee from police drunk and kill some people, pay and be on your way 

1 hour ago, JustNo said:

Just like that stuck up moronic scouser who killed the 2 Thai guys after being drunk a few months back, not heard anything about that. This country is a shambles to say the least. Sit in a room by yourself smoking cannabis and you can face 1 year in prison, flee from police drunk and kill some people, pay and be on your way 

As we already are aware that the concept of a 'justice' system, just as the concept of 'police', are rather immature in this country. The concept of 'mob rule' is certainly appreciated in Thai Visa forums. My stance is antisocial. There are many reasons for this. I make no apologies.

Always the bikers in the graveyard, never the cars. Your mother warned you not to go out on a bike. Your father probably told you that if he caught you riding motorcycles he'd kill you himself... Unfortunately it was those warnings that prompted me to do it. Turned out well enough for me, but I do feel sometimes like a soldier that returned alone from a battle. At least two where I feel I deserved it more than the one that actually got it.

Anyway, when you have an accident here, even more so than in Britain with the NHS, the largest part of the case is a civil matter. Damages, costs, compensations, hospitals and other monies spent should be reimbursed 100%. After that, it goes a little fuzzy. Rehabilitation and long-term damage, losses of life and such are impossible to put any real kind of value on without getting into a stupid game of monopoly numbers.

As for the serious criminal offence, hurting someone with a motor vehicle; I went to court. The judge said it was serious - a suspended element was applied with a fine of 4000 baht. Fines here are often not what you might expect.  I could not believe the fine! After two years of stress. The question of 2 years of overstay was the most interesting story - not one for the forum.

In the end, the victim lost out - her son paid lots for lawyers and got less back from the court. If this Aussie agreed a substantial payment, then it's likely to be a better option for the family.

So if our Aussie hero has dumped and run, I hope he gave enough that the family will accept. I suspect a bare minimum half million, maybe a bundle more to help the 'serious criminal case' to be replaced with a firm boot up the posterior.

The latest update on the other forums is that he's still in clink.

8 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Always the bikers in the graveyard, never the cars. Your mother warned you not to go out on a bike. Your father probably told you that if he caught you riding motorcycles he'd kill you himself... Unfortunately it was those warnings that prompted me to do it. Turned out well enough for me, but I do feel sometimes like a soldier that returned alone from a battle. At least two where I feel I deserved it more than the one that actually got it.

I have been riding motorbikes here for nearly 8 years now daily, and I feel exactly the same as this every time I come home form taking or picking up my gf from work, happy to actually return home in 1 piece. I have had 5-6 accidents, 2 of which were pretty bad. One of them was on NYE a few years back, and I was pretty drunk so it was totally my fault, and I hit a concrete pole with a full face helmet, and still smashed 4 teeth to bits. That was the last time I drank and drove. 

I understand the justice system and culture here handles such things very differently, but it needs to change. If this country wants to bring it's social side up to par with the technological aspect of things, many things need to start to change. What does it say to people when they hear or see someone intoxicated driving a car and killing someone, only to get away with it? It shows them that it's no big deal, that life has a very low price tag. 

It's funny, before I came here I thought the Thais would be less materialistic and more down to earth than back home, to be more in touch with their spiritual side. Oh boy, how I was wrong. 

>>It's funny, before I came here I thought the Thais would be less materialistic and more down to earth than back home, to be more in touch with their spiritual side. Oh boy, how I was wrong. <<

Some are ,but they will be hard to find in Pattaya .

37 minutes ago, anto said:

>>It's funny, before I came here I thought the Thais would be less materialistic and more down to earth than back home, to be more in touch with their spiritual side. Oh boy, how I was wrong. <<

I've been to shattaya once, and that was enough thank you 

Just been reading the Udon Forum & seen picture of Aunt & maybe daughter with the young lad who they say is depressed & still has all the IV's in 

They say he has no face movements at the moment

& as for the Aussie he is known to police & is apparently a nutter - Udon poster said he had to be dragged away by police as he went on the rampage with a knife at an BB

Also a wife of a Falang poster said that if he can prove he is a nutter all that may happen is that he will no doubt be coughing up if the father agrees & then he will be deported

3 hours ago, anto said:

Too late to donate on that appeal now anto, it has been closed in order to get urgently needed funds to the family ……. but there is another fund raising site for him that you can donate on, if you wish

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/liamdalewacharandonations

17 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Too late to donate on that appeal now anto, it has been closed in order to get urgently needed funds to the family ……. but there is another fund raising site for him that you can donate on, if you wish

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/liamdalewacharandonations

Thanks for answering a question i did not ask .

6 minutes ago, anto said:

Thanks for answering a question i did not ask .

far too many pointless comments on this tragedy already, the only worthwhile thing to do now, is to donate ……. my apologies if that is still something you don't wish to do ?? ✌️

• 2 months later...

vague story - no details on the original accident.

article never said the police were in "high-speed"

pursuit, and doesn't quite explain what was meant

by "fleeing cops."

could be he just drove off after a minor accident,

police were later called and were "looking for him."
of course that wouldn't bait as many clicks.

article said a security guard called police, so just

how quickly did they respond?

so they found him at the scene of another accident.

was he perhaps unaware of the police "pursuit,"

driving at a normal pace on his way to lunch, and some

lady with an overloaded bike pulled out of an alley without

looking?

from the title it seems the police were in hot pursuit

after a minor fender-bender.  sound reasonable?

no statement from the police about the circumstances

of the collision?  did they not witness it?

27 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

vague story - no details on the original accident.

article never said the police were in "high-speed"

pursuit, and doesn't quite explain what was meant

by "fleeing cops."

could be he just drove off after a minor accident,

police were later called and were "looking for him."
of course that wouldn't bait as many clicks.

article said a security guard called police, so just

how quickly did they respond?

so they found him at the scene of another accident.

was he perhaps unaware of the police "pursuit,"

driving at a normal pace on his way to lunch, and some

lady with an overloaded bike pulled out of an alley without

looking?

from the title it seems the police were in hot pursuit

after a minor fender-bender.  sound reasonable?

no statement from the police about the circumstances

of the collision?  did they not witness it?

Gosh ,you know very little and i can not be bothered to explain .If you followed the links in some of the comments all would be revealed .

I have an idea lets bring up an old thread.. 

Following the links this guy has been charged with being knob and hit with a 500b fine and 3 wais. 

He currently is living in Perth and has opened a motorbike shop. 

Archived