Jump to content

Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Why do we need to know this? 

It might explain why Pataya is maybe closed down.

Being discrete and being hypocrite is not necessarily  synonymous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chivas said:

yes it was 2am in january the four nights i personally went in with a girl.......no idea if thats normal but very late for me anyway

 

Was 2am the time they told everyone to leave? Did the cops come in to close the place down? Or was 2am the time you saw there were no lights outside the club but the party was still going on inside closed doors?

 

2am is super early for me if I'm out clubbing lol. I'm leaving the clubs when the suns out and the weather outside is pristine around 6am-7am.

Link to post
Share on other sites
so LK Metro business is going to be booming, as well a Drinking street, and a few other Soiss?

Well it's still low season. I doubt a 3am closing time will have much effect on any bar or gogo. Maybe the nightclubs (Lucifer, Insomnia, 808, Marine etc.) will be affected, if it is being applied to them.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind a 3 am closing.  But in the past it was always fun to be able to go to the hotel, take a long nap and then if bored hop on a baht bus or take a stroll down to a few of the places on walking street that were open until sunrise.  Especially the places that were semi outdoors.  I recall meeting a few people there after hours

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chinese tourists do not seem to have much interest in prostitution, other than the tours of sin city. So, they are cleaning up the country, to please them. Whatever the Chinese want, they get. Whether it be a high speed railway, at the cost of nearly 700,000,000 baht per km. Or less in the way of racy entertainment. Just ask, and you shall receive. 

 

Eliminating prostitution in Thailand is a tall order. But, they have been working hard to reduce it's influence in Phuket, Samui, and Chiang Mai. Fortunately for many, Bangkok, Hua Hin, and until now, Pattaya, have been holding their own. Phuket and Samui have been doing a nosedive for many years now, in that department.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
The Chinese tourists do not seem to have much interest in prostitution, other than the tours of sin city. So, they are cleaning up the country, to please them. Whatever the Chinese want, they get. Whether it be a high speed railway, at the cost of nearly 700,000,000 baht per km. Or less in the way of racy entertainment. Just ask, and you shall receive. 
 
Eliminating prostitution in Thailand is a tall order. But, they have been working hard to reduce it's influence in Phuket, Samui, and Chiang Mai. Fortunately for many, Bangkok, Hua Hin, and until now, Pattaya, have been holding their own. Phuket and Samui have been doing a nosedive for many years now, in that department.


Where have you seen anything about wanting to "eliminate prostitution"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:


Where have you seen anything about wanting to "eliminate prostitution"?

 

 

It is apparent, all over the nation. And it has been for at least the past 5 years. The industry is in a dire state of decline on Phuket, and Samui. Less bars, less clubs, less action. Same with CM. The little bit of action that they used to have, is all but gone. Even in Bangkok, and Pattaya, a case could be made that it is not what it once was, though those areas do seem to be holding their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
It is apparent, all over the nation. And it has been for at least the past 5 years. The industry is in a dire state of decline on Phuket, and Samui. Less bars, less clubs, less action. Same with CM. The little bit of action that they used to have, is all but gone. Even in Bangkok, and Pattaya, a case could be made that it is not what it once was, though those areas do seem to be holding their own.

I don't know about Phuket or Samui, but the gogos, beer bars and massage places are operating as normal in Bangkok and Pattaya. Raids on those that break the law are nothing unusual. As prostitution is part of Thai culture, I doubt very much it could be eliminated, even if the authorities wanted this, which I see no sign of being the case.
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

 

Was 2am the time they told everyone to leave? Did the cops come in to close the place down? Or was 2am the time you saw there were no lights outside the club but the party was still going on inside closed doors?

 

2am is super early for me if I'm out clubbing lol. I'm leaving the clubs when the suns out and the weather outside is pristine around 6am-7am.

hells bells ive already answered that one twice.....I was in club at 2am in january on 4 occasions when it wound down no more drinks and people leave.....not shut down by anyone just closing for the night !!  nobody was remotely annoyed clearly they knew it was closing time as well !!  now that was january its now june so who knows what it is today, albeit you can be sure it wont be later then 3am

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, Ralf61 said:

There cannot be any prostitution in Thailand as this is forbidden by law...:post-4641-1156694572:

i am trying to picture if you were actually writing this with a straight face or not... haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...