Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well there you go...

You charge extra for guests it does not matter you are facilitating everything you claim to be against.

Don't you get it?

So, have a no guest policy.  No, that would take money out of your pockets.

Pure hypocrisy my friend......

Shameful.

Look here, until you run the business you have little to offer. First it is next to impossible to cull out perverts from booking.com/airbnb etc. A no guest policy would exclude many quality guests that require a third person, a child in their room, thereby truly biting the hand that feeds me. By imposing a 300 baht fee for every guests, many punters require 2-3 per day, it effectively limits the number we are forced to put up with. We usually waive the fee for more "traditional guests". Even though we have few I wish we had none. I would submit that the ultimate hypocrisy is supporting a sex industry that anyone with a grain of common sense understands has no place in a healthy society. So what you have is basically two groups who support the sex industry, hypocrites that truly know better and those without a grain of common sense. You may have the majority of support on this forum but you have little or none in the general community. Question, would it make you a hypocrite if you were asked if it would be a good thing if your daughter took up prostitution as a profession? 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just a strawman argument: This is not about anyone's daughters here . It's about upcountry girls who were taken out school by age 12 to work on family farm, and by 20 at least one child from some jerk that's long gone. And she can be much better off financially and socially working in Pattaya. By the way your guesthouse experience only qualifies you to comment on the low end on subject. There are "quality tourists" in many 3 stars here for the girls. And don't forget all the various businesses that arrived in Pattaya riding piggyback on prostitution. 

17 minutes ago, morrobay said:

That's just a strawman argument: This is not about anyone's daughters here . It's about upcountry girls who were taken out school by age 12 to work on family farm, and by 20 at least one child from some jerk that's long gone. And she can be much better off financially and socially working in Pattaya. By the way your guesthouse experience only qualifies you to comment on the low end on subject. There are "quality tourists" in many 3 stars here for the girls. And don't forget all the various businesses that arrived in Pattaya riding piggyback on prostitution. 

You skirted the question. Would you think it was a good thing if your sister/daughter worked as a prostitute, Of course not would be the right answer for 99% of us. Can't really imagine someone stating otherwise. But somehow it would be OK for girls from Issan ?? Are you actually so clueless as to believe these girls enjoy a long career having sex with 500 different old men every year? Enjoy monthly sids testing ? Is going to bed with a stranger for less than $30 bucks good financially. Ever actually see these girls smiling/happy if not intoxicated/high ? You totally lost me with how becoming a prostitute allows them to climb the social ladder ?  As for all the trickle down do you mean massage, gogos, beer bars, narco sales. Perverts are such a miniscule portion of my business the only reason I would even know they were gone is that I wasn't having to throw people out a calling the police in the middle of the night. You guys think everything revolves around prostitution, not the case, it's just that it stands out like an ugly wart on Pattayas' face. Like the narco trade in the US, prostitution is demand driven. If the way you roll is paying young girls to have sex with you that's probably never going to change and will always continue to be part of the problem. Why do you think it only thrives to the level it is in Pattaya in a relatively few locations worldwide. Your rationalizations are very weak and remotely relate to the issue. The other issue is that what you are supporting is illegal.

7 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I appreciate your right to your opinion but after observing the psychological effects of working as a prostitute it just simply is not something a civilized society should in any way support. Of course all those punters out there will disagree but fact is they most likely are not doing themselves any favors satisfying what amounts to a sex addiction.

A typical girl making 80k will have over 600 partners in the course of a year. Just think about that in terms of the chances she has from exposure to disease and violence. It is impossible to function and grow as a happy normal person living under those circumstances. Now look at the situation with the LB community. I contend this has much more to do as a means to make an easier living than finding a traditional job. Very difficult to believe such a high percentage of individuals who question their gender also end up prostitutes. Obviously it's all about the money and demand that can be supplied in very few locations that seem to have little concern about the negative effects it bears on segments of society. It is question at what cost you put on the reputation and quality of life where one chooses to live. I realize this won't go over well with many customers but it is very difficult to disclaim with a straight face.

all valid opinions - yet I think a "civilized society" should above all respect people's choice of lifestyle and career, even if this choice was made for economical reasons, and not force morals or the majority's opinion onto other people.

9 minutes ago, manarak said:

all valid opinions - yet I think a "civilized society" should above all respect people's choice of lifestyle and career, even if this choice was made for economical reasons, and not force morals or the majority's opinion onto other people.

Right, as long as its a free choice, so be it. These anti prostitution diatribes above should be directed to the local Thai market that make up 90 percent total. 

18 minutes ago, manarak said:

I am totally with you there,  but let me make two points;

-Not really sure if it is good for the government to pave the way thru impunity those activities it deems illegal and a detriment to society.

-Are these young country girls really mental developed and mature enough to make such a radical career choice? Never understood the culture of parents sending kids off on such a mission for money?

Again, most people would never in a thousand years send their kids off on such a path.

14 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Right, as long as its a free choice, so be it. These anti prostitution diatribes above should be directed to the local Thai market that make up 90 percent total. 

You still failed to answer my question, would you or would you not approve of your sister/daughter becoming a prostitute ? Simple yes or no. 

These anti prostitution diatribes above should be directed to the local Thai market that make up 90 percent total.  What exactly does that mean " Thai market that make up 90% of total?

Now don't forget to answer the question besides " I don't have a sister nor a daughter"

Archived