Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mazungu said:

Of course keep all the Prostitutes out of the bars....they're the ones with a big pink P stamped on their foreheads. All the other ladies are mothers, wives and sisters. There is no species of female identified as "prostitute." If there is then all women fall into it's classification. It's just a matter of price and form of payment. 

old joke: lawyer questioning woman on witness stand:

"would you sleep with a man for a million dollars?"

without batting an eye, the woman said "yes, i would"

lawyer: "would you sleep with ME for two hundred dollars?"

the indignant woman says "of course not!!! what do you take me for?"

lawyer: "ma'am, we already know what you are, we're just haggling over price!"  

:crazy:

8 hours ago, angsta said:

What about JP Bar?? It only gets busy at 3? And Marine, that's police run and never closes early. 

what about them....??  whats hard to understand about closure at 3am whether we personally like it or not

8 hours ago, Seismic said:

Pattaya can never be a family friendly resort as long as there is so little parking, polluted beaches and water, terrible traffic, flooding , constant road works, scams and rip-offs. While they are trying to paper over the 'farang visited' bars, they dont seem to have done much about the numerous karaoke and thai bars that also feature prostitution.

With the high number of Russian staying in Pattaya it seems to not be a problem

44 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

i'm reading this at 10:30 p.m., only because i'm a bit lazy in getting down to

editing the current good book that i'm working on for my publisher :sleepy:

that said, as far as the OP- what the hell has Pattaya got going for it without bars and prostitutes???

can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig...

are they really so stupid, shortsighted and deluded that they think they can transform Patts???

or is this just a temporary crackdown to increase the amounts in the brown envelopes?!?!?!? :saai:

Its not all of Patts, just walking street. Read the OP.

Yes, put a curfew and try to curb prostitution in Pattaya... everyone will follow. #Not

The beach is good - you can be sure to never hit a jellyfish or other animals, because none of that can survive in the water where Pattaya dumps its raw sewage.

How about prostitution? Sure, all those girls will get real jobs. We'll have thousands of reposessed pickup trucks in Isaan, little bastards starving, and less sex tourists. What can possibly go wrong?

Pattaya is sin city and will always be. Old habits are tough to break.

48 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Surely 3am is late enough anyway. Cannot see anything wrong with that. Go your discos at midnight instead of later

So everyone has to conform to YOUR opinion?

Not everyone wants to go to bed at 3 am. Some of us like staying up all night when in Pattaya and sleeping in the daytime when it's too hot to go out. If we want to go to bed early we can save the cost of an air ticket and stay home.

12 minutes ago, khounteen said:

No prostitutes...lol

The OP doesn't say "prostitutes", it says "prostitution", though I've never seen sex happening in a barbeer, so it shouldn't mean all the staff have to leave.

When I stayed in Pattaya recently the bars near the hotel closed about 2 am, so I don't see the problem, though many a night on W S in the 90s I went back to hotel after dawn.

9 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

3am sounds rather late to me. Wouldn't 10.30pm be better?  Why are people up in the middle of the night? Don't they have a bed to sleep in, or a good book to read?

Perhaps they work until very late on a nightshift

But RIP PAT and about time to

10 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

I am happy that I didn't buy any property in Pattaya. It seem that very soon Pattaya will become as boring as other cities and we have to find new exciting place to live.

Perhaps your own home country?

Without the hookers all dressed up and looking good, Walking street would be very boring with only

the frumpy looking tourists walking about.  I do agee that the guns should be left at home. 3AM closures

are fine with me as I have my extra booze in the hotel room incase I need further refreshments after

2AM

Geezer

Seems the police really mean business this time. Looks like the beginning of the end for Pattaya being a sex tourist destination. The same happened in Chiang Mai several years ago and here in CM the police have not relaxed the rules since. No doubts the same will happen in Pattaya.

Once again thai bullshit. Brown envelopes are missing.

I've got a feeling it's More this time. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so. This with soi 6 and all the raids. And now the deck chairs nonsense. It really seems they have a bee in there bonnet about pattaya at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Seems the police really mean business this time. Looks like the beginning of the end for Pattaya being a sex tourist destination. The same happened in Chiang Mai several years ago and here in CM the police have not relaxed the rules since. No doubts the same will happen in Pattaya.

So how do the Chiang Mai police earn their income?

This is a serious question!

Archived