Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Depends on what time they woke up, showered, dressed, grabbed some food and hit the clubs. There's nothing much happening before midnight that appeals to the die-hard 'clubber' . Not even in Pattaya.

Yep, midnight is usually the earliest the crowds start hitting up the clubs. Any earlier and you will have the whole club for yourself & 5 other peeps.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lots of these gogos at WS have no title deeds and are buildt on Beach Land, so why u think  they should be allowed to be open?

Why would that concern me? I doubt most tourists or expats care one way or another about the title deeds of the club they're having fun in.

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why would that concern me? I doubt most tourists or expats care one way or another about the title deeds of the club they're having fun in.

Seems the fun is over already..as i said why raid bars with proper paperwork while there are lots of joints without any paperwork?ps: i like parks and beaches much more then these annoying joints at WS.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Does 808 have a new closing time? Last year they sure went way on past the times you mentioned. Then it was off to Flexx once they closed and usually stayed there until 7am :smile:

yes it was 2am in january the four nights i personally went in with a girl.......no idea if thats normal but very late for me anyway

19 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

the hilarious thing is that some people will protest there draconian sanctions

bit hard to respond to that ! as far as im concerned all that appears to be happening is standard licensing hours will be adhered to and they are generous anyway

On 6/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, colinneil said:

Reading a good book is all i get to do these days, even 10.30 is late for me.

At your age, Colin, I don't think you are missing much action anyway.  There's more excitement with the book, even if it is a documentary.   I know what I am talking about.  :sleep: :sorry:

10 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

At your age, Colin, I don't think you are missing much action anyway.  There's more excitement with the book, even if it is a documentary.   I know what I am talking about.  :sleep: :sorry:

Well reading a book is certainly less expensive.

The TAT lady will be pleased with Pattaya.

Quality Chinese tourists!!

The winners of the 2017 People’s Choice Awards Thailand Voted by Chinese Tourists are:

1. Luxury Hotel: Rayavadee Krabi
  2. Boutique Hotel: Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort
  3. City Hotel: Centara Grand at CentralWorld
  4. Beach Hotel: Banyan Tree Samui
  5. Airline: Thai Airways International
  6. Show and Entertainment: Muay Thai Live: The Legend Lives
  7. Medical and Wellness Service: Samitivej Hospital
  8. Restaurant: Baan Rim Pa Phuket
  9. Spa: Let’s Relax Spa
  10. Golf Course: Gassan Khuntan Golf and Resort
  11. Shopping Centre: Emquartier
  12. Tourism Activities/ Theme park: Vana Nava Hua Hin
  13. Attraction: Pattaya Floating Market
  14. Destination: Pattaya

The floating market is a decent attraction it seems.

21 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The TAT lady will be pleased with Pattaya.

Quality Chinese tourists!!

The winners of the 2017 People’s Choice Awards Thailand Voted by Chinese Tourists are:

1. Luxury Hotel: Rayavadee Krabi
  2. Boutique Hotel: Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort
  3. City Hotel: Centara Grand at CentralWorld
  4. Beach Hotel: Banyan Tree Samui
  5. Airline: Thai Airways International
  6. Show and Entertainment: Muay Thai Live: The Legend Lives
  7. Medical and Wellness Service: Samitivej Hospital
  8. Restaurant: Baan Rim Pa Phuket
  9. Spa: Let’s Relax Spa
  10. Golf Course: Gassan Khuntan Golf and Resort
  11. Shopping Centre: Emquartier
  12. Tourism Activities/ Theme park: Vana Nava Hua Hin
  13. Attraction: Pattaya Floating Market
  14. Destination: Pattaya

The floating market is a decent attraction it seems.

Maybe that list only proves that the Chinese are more discrete about their whoring than the farangs?

I wish the dear police and military would devote as much time to preventing mayhem and death on the roads as they do trying to curb activities that generally only affect the participants and usually the experience is positive and I am not talking about guns

Total hypocrisy and humbug

5 minutes ago, JGV said:

I wish the dear police and military would devote as much time to preventing mayhem and death on the roads as they do trying to curb activities that generally only affect the participants and usually the experience is positive and I am not talking about guns

Total hypocrisy and humbug

This is called, total apathy, incompetence, inability, and taking the easy way out.

On 2017-6-21 at 2:48 PM, Seismic said:

Pattaya can never be a family friendly resort as long as there is so little parking, polluted beaches and water, terrible traffic, flooding , constant road works, scams and rip-offs. While they are trying to paper over the 'farang visited' bars, they dont seem to have done much about the numerous karaoke and thai bars that also feature prostitution.

There is plenty of parking at Central Plaza & Royal Garden Plaza. 

So Wots the problem? 

Try parking in London.

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

yes it was 2am in january the four nights i personally went in with a girl.......no idea if thats normal but very late for me anyway

Was 2am the time they told everyone to leave? Did the cops come in to close the place down? Or was 2am the time you saw there were no lights outside the club but the party was still going on inside closed doors?

2am is super early for me if I'm out clubbing lol. I'm leaving the clubs when the suns out and the weather outside is pristine around 6am-7am.

so LK Metro business is going to be booming, as well a Drinking street, and a few other Soiss?

Well it's still low season. I doubt a 3am closing time will have much effect on any bar or gogo. Maybe the nightclubs (Lucifer, Insomnia, 808, Marine etc.) will be affected, if it is being applied to them.

I don't mind a 3 am closing.  But in the past it was always fun to be able to go to the hotel, take a long nap and then if bored hop on a baht bus or take a stroll down to a few of the places on walking street that were open until sunrise.  Especially the places that were semi outdoors.  I recall meeting a few people there after hours

The Chinese tourists do not seem to have much interest in prostitution, other than the tours of sin city. So, they are cleaning up the country, to please them. Whatever the Chinese want, they get. Whether it be a high speed railway, at the cost of nearly 700,000,000 baht per km. Or less in the way of racy entertainment. Just ask, and you shall receive. 

Eliminating prostitution in Thailand is a tall order. But, they have been working hard to reduce it's influence in Phuket, Samui, and Chiang Mai. Fortunately for many, Bangkok, Hua Hin, and until now, Pattaya, have been holding their own. Phuket and Samui have been doing a nosedive for many years now, in that department.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
The Chinese tourists do not seem to have much interest in prostitution, other than the tours of sin city. So, they are cleaning up the country, to please them. Whatever the Chinese want, they get. Whether it be a high speed railway, at the cost of nearly 700,000,000 baht per km. Or less in the way of racy entertainment. Just ask, and you shall receive. 

Eliminating prostitution in Thailand is a tall order. But, they have been working hard to reduce it's influence in Phuket, Samui, and Chiang Mai. Fortunately for many, Bangkok, Hua Hin, and until now, Pattaya, have been holding their own. Phuket and Samui have been doing a nosedive for many years now, in that department.

Where have you seen anything about wanting to "eliminate prostitution"?

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where have you seen anything about wanting to "eliminate prostitution"?

It is apparent, all over the nation. And it has been for at least the past 5 years. The industry is in a dire state of decline on Phuket, and Samui. Less bars, less clubs, less action. Same with CM. The little bit of action that they used to have, is all but gone. Even in Bangkok, and Pattaya, a case could be made that it is not what it once was, though those areas do seem to be holding their own.

It is apparent, all over the nation. And it has been for at least the past 5 years. The industry is in a dire state of decline on Phuket, and Samui. Less bars, less clubs, less action. Same with CM. The little bit of action that they used to have, is all but gone. Even in Bangkok, and Pattaya, a case could be made that it is not what it once was, though those areas do seem to be holding their own.

I don't know about Phuket or Samui, but the gogos, beer bars and massage places are operating as normal in Bangkok and Pattaya. Raids on those that break the law are nothing unusual. As prostitution is part of Thai culture, I doubt very much it could be eliminated, even if the authorities wanted this, which I see no sign of being the case.

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Was 2am the time they told everyone to leave? Did the cops come in to close the place down? Or was 2am the time you saw there were no lights outside the club but the party was still going on inside closed doors?

2am is super early for me if I'm out clubbing lol. I'm leaving the clubs when the suns out and the weather outside is pristine around 6am-7am.

hells bells ive already answered that one twice.....I was in club at 2am in january on 4 occasions when it wound down no more drinks and people leave.....not shut down by anyone just closing for the night !!  nobody was remotely annoyed clearly they knew it was closing time as well !!  now that was january its now june so who knows what it is today, albeit you can be sure it wont be later then 3am

Archived