Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Chivas said:

yes it was 2am in january the four nights i personally went in with a girl.......no idea if thats normal but very late for me anyway

Is 2am the right time or was everyone ushered out?

18 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Why do we need to know this? 

Maybe because the TAT lady was talking about quality Chinese tourists and their list has three Pattaya inclusions.

Be interesting to see how next year's poll is different. If Pattaya as we know it is still there!!

I was sure Cham Chanod was going to be mentioned; but there you go. 

21 hours ago, Chivas said:

yes it was 2am in january the four nights i personally went in with a girl.......no idea if thats normal but very late for me anyway

• Apologies Chivas. I notice after further reading that you addressed the question of being ushered out or the place simply would down.

After 10 years visiting Thailand. If I am after that sort of night life, I avoid Pattaya and Puckett like the plague. 

Actually I would avoid Pattaya and Puckett like the plague even if I was not into the night life. 

1 hour ago, garyk said:

After 10 years visiting Thailand. If I am after that sort of night life, I avoid Pattaya and Puckett like the plague. 

Actually I would avoid Pattaya and Puckett like the plague even if I was not into the night life. 

Gary you should go.

You can't buy the comedy show that happens at WS PP or Cowboy.  It is a great laugh watching all the punters being made to feel that they are the sexiest and most hansome mane in the bar and just have another drink please.

I am sure that there is less prostitution than people think.  A lot of guys pay for it but i am not sure looking at their drunken condition they can perform  therefore all they are paying for is a girl to sleep with them.

They will just move it out of Pattaya to a new location if they have to, and like they did in Bangkok to Pattaya in the 70's. Wish I knew where as it would be a good place to buy some empty land there first. 

Anyway, all I know for sure is Walking Street is not famous for its location, but rather the seevices it has to offer. So no matter where it is next, this won't change a thing. 

They will just move it out of Pattaya to a new location if they have to, and like they did in Bangkok to Pattaya in the 70's. Wish I knew where as it would be a good place to buy some empty land there first. 

Anyway, all I know for sure is Walking Street is not famous for its location, but rather the seevices it has to offer. So no matter where it is next, this won't change a thing. 

The only change is enforcement of licensing laws which mean that some places have to open later (6pm) and others have to close earlier (3am). Other than that, the gogos, beer bars and massage places are still operating normally and there is no suggestion that it is going to change.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The only change is enforcement of licensing laws which mean that some places have to open later (6pm) and others have to close earlier (3am). Other than that, the gogos, beer bars and massage places are still operating normally and there is no suggestion that it is going to change.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Mmm u claim nothing has changed or will change. u probably also will try make us believe that in the last years the visa procedures have not became more harsh and over complicated for us.

Mmm u claim nothing has changed or will change. u probably also will try make us believe that in the last years the visa procedures have not became more harsh and over complicated for us.

I was talking about the bar/gogo scene in Pattaya, which is what this thread is about.

12 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I like the fact that handicapped people, and others who normally would find interaction w a lovely girl difficult to come by, can get attention in Thailand. A real social service.

Great point.

Very hard for my friend who is without limbs, teeth, penis and is both mute and blind to get a GF in the UK. All he has to do In Pattaya is roll down WSt with his ATM card between his lips and they will fight over him to give him a good time.

Social service indeed!

So is Walking St enforcing this new rule.I am going out tonight and want to know if it's all dead by 3am.What about ibar and the other clubs and Jp bar. Anyone down there last night and can report what's actually happening?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Great point.

Very hard for my friend who is without limbs, teeth, penis and is both mute and blind to get a GF in the UK. All he has to do In Pattaya is roll down WSt with his ATM card between his lips and they will fight over him to give him a good time.

Social service indeed!

Yes.  I know of guys in BKK who are in wheel chairs and have very attractive young girls pushing them.  Probably just a care giver but why care?  To have that in some other countries would be probably 3 times+ what it is here for full time care.

I also know a guy in Angeles City who is 80, no prostate no boom boom.  He has two 20 year olds taking care of him probably less then it would cost for one in Thailand.  He hangs out at the VFW with them a few days a week. Heck why not!

So is Walking St enforcing this new rule.I am going out tonight and want to know if it's all dead by 3am.What about ibar and the other clubs and Jp bar. Anyone down there last night and can report what's actually happening?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Closing at 3am is being enforced. Last night Walking Street was rammed at 3am as everyone had to leave the clubs etc.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, juice777 said:

So is Walking St enforcing this new rule.

Off course not! Except the first day to say they do :cool:

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Closing at 3am is being enforced. Last night Walking Street was rammed at 3am as everyone had to leave the clubs etc.

This morning (Sunday) many WS Clubs were still open at 5AM :sleep:

Only the farang patron's bars are shut down?....

Well, good in that case, it will lower inflation in booze, ST's,  LT's and bar fines!!???...

This is a philantrophic manner to get farangs in paying the same rates as the Thai's for Pattaya fun, so what's all the whimming about, boys????:cheesy:

As for guns, except for those with mythomaniac urges, carrying novelty ID's and posing as ex-SAS or Navy Seals or whatever to impress the other drunks at the drinking pits, I don't see a valid reason for anybody not having psychiatric issues (or not a member of the friendly local/farang mafia ventures) to walk around in Thailand with a piece tucked in his pants?????

Well, good in that case, it will lower inflation in booze, ST's,  LT's and bar fines!!???...

This is a philantrophic manner to get farangs in paying the same rates as the Thai's for Pattaya fun, so what's all the whimming about, boys????:cheesy:

As for guns, except for those with mythomaniac urges, carrying novelty ID's and posing as ex-SAS or Navy Seals or whatever to impress the other drunks at the drinking pits, I don't see a valid reason for anybody not having psychiatric issues (or not a member of the friendly local/farang mafia ventures) to walk around in Thailand with a piece tucked in his pants?????

No bars have been "shut down" and no bars are exclusively "farang". Read the thread!

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Actually, I have not seen it work like that in Thailand.  When Thai's lose business or money, they raise not lower the price somehow thinking it will make up for their loses.

Too funny, I have been listening to this crock of sh ...., for so many years, I do not need to say why as all long term ex pats know . Why it crops up four or five times a year on this web site  who knows.

corruption , God is money.

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No bars have been "shut down" and no bars are exclusively "farang". Read the thread!

Naturally, with "shut down" I was refering to the closing hours as stated on the topic and not a permanent close up!.....it seemed obvious to me but obviously, not so obvious to you!:cheesy::cheesy:

On 6/24/2017 at 6:54 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I wonder what the law says? In Bangkok it's 2am in general.

Law also is the bars can't open to sell alcohol until 7pm.

How's that going?

BiB still collecting brown envelopes I suspect.

And Mrs TAT still thinks the tourists will come in droves.

Thailand has much more than sex to sell, but ending the "nighttime entertainment" will cut numbers significantly.

Naturally, with "shut down" I was refering to the closing hours as stated on the topic and not a permanent close up!.....it seemed obvious to me but obviously, not so obvious to you!:cheesy::cheesy:

Oh. I thought you were part of the gloom and doom brigade and meant properly shut down, not just closed for the end of the day/night!
How's that going?
Thailand has much more than sex to sell, but ending the "nighttime entertainment" will cut numbers significantly.

Different bars/clubs can have different licensing terms.

8 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

How's that going?

Agree that Thailand has much more than sex for sale. Not sure Pattaya does without substantial improvements to the beach and water condition. Sewage treatment is a must. Beach needs to be restored. Could use a bit of sand. The Middle East is always reclaiming land from the sea. Could be done here.

Archived