Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

On 6/27/2017 at 8:24 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Oh. I thought you were part of the gloom and doom brigade and meant properly shut down, not just closed for the end of the day/night!

Different bars/clubs can have different licensing terms.

Yes, they DO have different licenses and "arrangements" but they are still subject to the law. Local laws may well differ, but laws and regulations seem to be enforced by the police depending on how many tickets to the annual ball are bought every week.

I don't want to stop the party...

:burp:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27.06.2017 at 3:24 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Oh. I thought you were part of the gloom and doom brigade and meant properly shut down, not just closed for the end of the day/night!

No problem...that's what misunderstandings are for...good night!

On 6/21/2017 at 0:48 AM, Seismic said:

Pattaya can never be a family friendly resort as long as there is so little parking, polluted beaches and water, terrible traffic, flooding , constant road works, scams and rip-offs. While they are trying to paper over the 'farang visited' bars, they dont seem to have done much about the numerous karaoke and thai bars that also feature prostitution.

They are right that western family friendly is where the real money is. But that's not going to happen until they bring in expensive attractions or world class resort hotels, not just clean up seedy areas.

The Thais are so ethno-centric (look the word up if you have to) that seedy and trashy look relatively normal to the majority of Thais and international travel to quality vacation spots for families did not seem big on the list for most Thais I know. Thus the difficulty. Lack of cash is also a problem, you need to build it first and the money will follow.

2 hours ago, Jim Turner Mad Punx said:

They are right that western family friendly is where the real money is. But that's not going to happen until they bring in expensive attractions or world class resort hotels, not just clean up seedy areas.

The Thais are so ethno-centric (look the word up if you have to) that seedy and trashy look relatively normal to the majority of Thais and international travel to quality vacation spots for families did not seem big on the list for most Thais I know. Thus the difficulty. Lack of cash is also a problem, you need to build it first and the money will follow.

Ethno-centric. Like management at 3 star + and  other upscale locations being obliveous to the effect of loads of motor and other taxi related Thai males lying around  the entrence, on their business.

On 6/30/2017 at 0:55 AM, morrobay said:

Ethno-centric. Like management at 3 star + and  other upscale locations being obliveous to the effect of loads of motor and other taxi related Thai males lying around  the entrence, on their business.

Yes, taxi scum would be included, as would be seedy bars, street prostitutes, dumping sewage into the ocean, stray dogs and a bunch of other things people in more affulent countries take for granted they don't have to live around and especially dont have to vacation around.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, Jim Turner Mad Punx said:

It will never happen for several reasons one big one is it is too far away if you are talking about USA..  Families go to Hawaii or Mexico not Thailand if they want a good climate and beaches.  I sometimes compare Thailand to Mexico but the Mexicans have actually figured out some things especially in Cancun, Cabo, and Puerta Vallarta.   Some very nice resorts, beaches much better then Thailand but in generally a shit country.

QUOTE from OP:

No prostitution

No guns, knives and weapons

Does anyone have an update on the "no guns, knives and weapons"?

Does this apply to Americans? I believe this violates their constitutional rights?

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE from OP:

No prostitution

No guns, knives and weapons

Does anyone have an update on the "no guns, knives and weapons"?

Does this apply to Americans? I believe this violates their constitutional rights?

Their constitutional rights don't apply in Thailand! (Thank goodness).

It's just a clean up , rumour has it that prince William and Kate are booked into a

condo not far from walking street...they want to be ready just in case, to show the royals the real new clean Pattaya......

• 9 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 4:46 PM, Jeremy50 said:

3am sounds rather late to me. Wouldn't 10.30pm be better?  Why are people up in the middle of the night? Don't they have a bed to sleep in, or a good book to read?

A life to lead. 

Its only a matter of time before they close the beer bars and gogos in Pattaya.  All that will be left is a few Chinese and Russians and they will eventually disappear too. The smart farangs moved to PI's and set up bars 5 years ago in anticipation of  Thailand once again being  taken over by army monkeys.Most of the farang beerbars (ie washington sq, clinton plz,  soi 10 cluster) in Bangkok disappeared years ago after Thaksin came to office.

Isan and korat girls along with their families and men are the only victims of this .No money to be made from hanging around Indians ,zero dollar Ruskies and Chinese. Either try their luck on facebook or its back to the rice and sugar cane fields.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Why comment on a thread from nearly a year ago that is now completely out of date?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why not?

It is relevant.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Why comment on a thread from nearly a year ago that is now completely out of date?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why not??

On 6/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, colinneil said:

No prostitutes in walking street.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Hello there, Thailand can follow the old Iranian(persian) temporary wife system. In the old days in Iran (even now I think it exists). Visitors or whoever comes to Thailand choose a woman and get registered as married with a certificate, it can be for one day , or one week or even for a few hours.

So when you go to walking street you bring your wife a long , there will be no ladies in bikinis  or prostitutes there .

• 5 weeks later...

History shows the sex destination business model is unsustainable in the long run, Look around the world, it is eventually driven out. One only has to look at the limited positive effect it has compared to the overall negative effects on the economy as a whole. Follow the money, it doesn't trickle down anywhere. It barely keeps bars and gogo's afloat as they wallow thru the slow season. The girls are far worse off mentally and it is a pipe dream that they support the family back home, total bunk. Drive done Soi 6 and look at the faces, looks like they are all recovering from frontal lobotomy except the ones totally wasted on whatever is available. Six months in the trade and their lives are for the most part trashed. The expat sex tourist are low budget only supporting cheap housing and beer distributors. The cesspool Pattaya has become is a direct result of this short sighted, failing business model.

Hard to put a number on how many quality tourists the prostitution and associated drug problems discourage but it is safe to assume it would be at least as many, probably several times as many. Pattaya, given a good reputation, would be a gold mine. 

6 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

History shows the sex destination business model is unsustainable in the long run, Look around the world, it is eventually driven out. One only has to look at the limited positive effect it has compared to the overall negative effects on the economy as a whole. Follow the money, it doesn't trickle down anywhere. It barely keeps bars and gogo's afloat as they wallow thru the slow season. The girls are far worse off mentally and it is a pipe dream that they support the family back home, total bunk. Drive done Soi 6 and look at the faces, looks like they are all recovering from frontal lobotomy except the ones totally wasted on whatever is available. Six months in the trade and their lives are for the most part trashed. The expat sex tourist are low budget only supporting cheap housing and beer distributors. The cesspool Pattaya has become is a direct result of this short sighted, failing business model.

Hard to put a number on how many quality tourists the prostitution and associated drug problems discourage but it is safe to assume it would be at least as many, probably several times as many. Pattaya, given a good reputation, would be a gold mine. 

I agree with with some of it but do not think prostitution prevents tourists.  In fact WS is always on the agenda for tours mostly people who are not participating in those activities.  And, the business model is changing and actually the town generally is doing pretty well lots of people coming.  Just not many new Falang I will agree.

I actually think Soi 6 will be gone at some point.  Within 10 years or less it will be leveled with a nice shiney hotel or condo that strip of land is very valuable. 

I do know plenty of girls who make good money in the business. 80k plus a month many more then you think.

In reality a Soi 6 girl only needs one customer every 2 days to make the average wage in the country of a full time worker.

Anyway, my feeling is enjoy it while it is there.  I do just about everyday and love it. 

46 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I agree with with some of it but do not think prostitution prevents tourists.  In fact WS is always on the agenda for tours mostly people who are not participating in those activities.  And, the business model is changing and actually the town generally is doing pretty well lots of people coming.  Just not many new Falang I will agree.

I actually think Soi 6 will be gone at some point.  Within 10 years or less it will be leveled with a nice shiney hotel or condo that strip of land is very valuable. 

I do know plenty of girls who make good money in the business. 80k plus a month many more then you think.

In reality a Soi 6 girl only needs one customer every 2 days to make the average wage in the country of a full time worker.

Anyway, my feeling is enjoy it while it is there.  I do just about everyday and love it. 

I appreciate your right to your opinion but after observing the psychological effects of working as a prostitute it just simply is not something a civilized society should in any way support. Of course all those punters out there will disagree but fact is they most likely are not doing themselves any favors satisfying what amounts to a sex addiction.

A typical girl making 80k will have over 600 partners in the course of a year. Just think about that in terms of the chances she has from exposure to disease and violence. It is impossible to function and grow as a happy normal person living under those circumstances. Now look at the situation with the LB community. I contend this has much more to do as a means to make an easier living than finding a traditional job. Very difficult to believe such a high percentage of individuals who question their gender also end up prostitutes. Obviously it's all about the money and demand that can be supplied in very few locations that seem to have little concern about the negative effects it bears on segments of society. It is question at what cost you put on the reputation and quality of life where one chooses to live. I realize this won't go over well with many customers but it is very difficult to disclaim with a straight face.

15 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I appreciate your right to your opinion but after observing the psychological effects of working as a prostitute it just simply is not something a civilized society should in any way support. Of course all those punters out there will disagree but fact is they most likely are not doing themselves any favors satisfying what amounts to a sex addiction.

A typical girl making 80k will have over 600 partners in the course of a year. Just think about that in terms of the chances she has from exposure to disease and violence. It is impossible to function and grow as a happy normal person living under those circumstances. Now look at the situation with the LB community. I contend this has much more to do as a means to make an easier living than finding a traditional job. Very difficult to believe such a high percentage of individuals who question their gender also end up prostitutes. Obviously it's all about the money and demand that can be supplied in very few locations that seem to have little concern about the negative effects it bears on segments of society. It is question at what cost you put on the reputation and quality of life where one chooses to live. I realize this won't go over well with many customers but it is very difficult to disclaim with a straight face.

:) Your comments seem odd and hypocritical really.

You own a "guest house" in town.  Right?

There is an old saying: Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Think about it!

18 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

:) Your comments seem odd and hypocritical really.

You own a "guest house" in town.  Right?

There is an old saying: Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Think about it!

Believe me when I tell you that my experience owning a guesthouse not only fortifies my position but also gives me more insight into the problem. I would gladly rid my place of the few falang punters in exchange for quality guests. Tell you what, go into this business and after 6 months come back and honestly tell me how wonderful sex tourism is. You obviously look at this from a consumers point of view. Due to the price we charge punters and their guests make up only 10% of our guests but account for 90% of the drunks, violence, damage and overall disrespect of fellow guests. They are for no other term a royal pain in the ass that may actually cost us more return customers than the one night punters are worth. They absolutely don't feed me, far from it. We attempt to cull out the wanted and unwanted by charging extra for guests. Sends most of them elsewhere.

14 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Believe me when I tell you that my experience owning a guesthouse not only fortifies my position but also gives me more insight into the problem. I would gladly rid my place of the few falang punters in exchange for quality guests. Tell you what, go into this business and after 6 months come back and honestly tell me how wonderful sex tourism is. You obviously look at this from a consumers point of view. Due to the price we charge punters and their guests make up only 10% of our guests but account for 90% of the drunks, violence, damage and overall disrespect of fellow guests. They are for no other term a royal pain in the ass that may actually cost us more return customers than the one night punters are worth. They absolutely don't feed me, far from it. We attempt to cull out the wanted and unwanted by charging extra for guests. Sends most of them elsewhere.

Well there you go...

You charge extra for guests it does not matter you are facilitating everything you claim to be against.

Don't you get it?

So, have a no guest policy.  No, that would take money out of your pockets.

Pure hypocrisy my friend......

Shameful.

Archived