Mobdro

superal

Tuesday evening I was unable to connect to any programmes through Mobdro ,  after every selection the screen said  " Offline or streaming unavailable "  . Anyone else with similar problems ? I was thinking that maybe the app had been shut down under the new copyright laws , however last night it was back on albeit not the best of picture quality .

14 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

Mobdro itself does not provide any content.  The app merely collates streams available on the 'net. 

As these streams come and go then the availibility and quality will vary.

Many thanks for your reply 

I am a newcomer to Mobdro having previously subscribed to Ilikehdtv . On my return to Thailand a month ago I read here that the new service HDprime was suffering from wipeouts , so I thought I would try Mobdro which for a free service is acceptable viewing . Unless you know of an alternative option .  

Cheers for that Crossy, looks like I may have to get a VPN as I watch a lot of rugby on Sky Sports.  I have also noticed that all the Discovery channels have been very hard to stream onto.  This has just occurred in the last few days.

Very annoying... at first I was about to put a hammer thru the box (Its a bit old anyways) but then I decided to check here to see if others are having the same problems.

I managed to get Sky sport 3 just a few minutes ago but most of the streams via the channels selection arent available.

Big game on Saturday  British and Irish Lions vs the All Blacks, cant miss that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Evidently the block is in the UK as the Sky and BT Sport streams work if you use Mobdro via a UK VPN.

At least I'll be able to watch the F1 :smile:

Have asked this question before and no answers ,  Is there any bonafide broadcaster of Sky or BT sports in Thailand that can give a decent service  ?    BTW anyone with uptodate info on HDprime cos it ticks all of my boxes if in good shape .

Have asked this question before and no answers ,  Is there any bonafide broadcaster of Sky or BT sports in Thailand that can give a decent service  ?    BTW anyone with uptodate info on HDprime cos it ticks all of my boxes if in good shape .

There is NO bona fide way to receive Sky or BT in Thailand.

Any such agreement would infringe on the local broadcasters' rights to show things such as EPL and TV series.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

The Streamhub Kodi addon includes link to Mobdro (only works with Windows for some reason) but it works as doesn't need any VPN

Hi DB, do you have a working source for this repository? The easy Google links install but with no add-ons in the repository :sad:

1 hour ago, JaiMaai said:

There is NO bona fide way to receive Sky or BT in Thailand.

Any such agreement would infringe on the local broadcasters' rights to show things such as EPL and TV series.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

You confirmed what I read somewhere else , so what are we gonna do ?   I read that the big boys are clamping down on piracy streaming big time , not only is the illegal broadcaster committing a crime but also the viewer . The mind boggles as to where this is going to go to .  Normally most popular bars show all the sports and are proud to advertise the fact . It is a magnet for sports fan and I wait to see how the bars will overcome the clampdown . 

Having said that, I don't use Stream Hub much but just checked again and the 2.9 addon updated its dependencies and now doesn't show Mobdro on the menu anymore. However I previously kept Mobdro from Stream Hub as a Kodi favorite and the favorite link still works and brings up the Mobdro menu that still stream sports channels. Perhaps worth a try by adding following to a favorites file?

<favourite name="    MOBDRO **WINDOWS ONLY WORKING ON FIX**" thumb="http://geekpeaksoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/mobdro.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://script.module.streamhub/?mode=91&amp;url=none&quot;,return)</favourite>

• Like 1

Cheers for that Crossy, looks like I may have to get a VPN as I watch a lot of rugby on Sky Sports.  I have also noticed that all the Discovery channels have been very hard to stream onto.  This has just occurred in the last few days.

Very annoying... at first I was about to put a hammer thru the box (Its a bit old anyways) but then I decided to check here to see if others are having the same problems.

I managed to get Sky sport 3 just a few minutes ago but most of the streams via the channels selection arent available.

Big game on Saturday  British and Irish Lions vs the All Blacks, cant miss that.

You can legally stream pretty much every rugby match from Rugby Pass. They're very flexible in how much you pay for, but the picture is only SD.

I pay just over 4k a year for a dodgy provider, but they have all the UK & Ireland channels (and more) and most popular ones are HD. If you want more info, PM me as I won't put their details on a public forum.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

• Like 1

Yes I have looked at/into Rugby Pass a few times.  Funny thing a few weeks ago I was looking for a stream of a certain rugby game and up popped some South African site that gave free streaming live.

The quality was fine as was the ice cold beer as I sat there watching the game....sometimes the best things in life are free!

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hi DB, do you have a working source for this repository? The easy Google links install but with no add-ons in the repository :sad:

Add source https://archive.org/download/repository.streamhub and install from zipfile the StreamHub repository.

After the repo has installed, install the StreamHub video addon from the repository.

Capture_51.jpg

Capture_52.jpg

3 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Add source https://archive.org/download/repository.streamhub and install from zipfile the StreamHub repository.

After the repo has installed, install the StreamHub video addon from the repository.

Yup, finally got it to install, no idea what was going wrong previously :smile:

In the "Test Area" there's a whole bunch of stuff including SkySports etc.

15 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Perhaps worth a try by adding following to a favorites file?

<favourite name="    MOBDRO **WINDOWS ONLY WORKING ON FIX**" thumb="http://geekpeaksoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/mobdro.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://script.module.streamhub/?mode=91&amp;url=none&quot;,return)</favourite>

And that worked too :smile: Sky streams still seem to need a UK VPN, but since I have one running 24/7 on a router it's no problem.

So I now have Mobdro streams running natively on my PC :smile: I will keep Andyroid installed as the backup plan.

• Like 1

Well in the end I didnt need a VPN.  I though Id try the other forgotten about remedy and just pulled the power cord out from the Android box. Waited about 30 seconds and put it back in.

The box rebooted itself and after resetting the time and date it was back to business as usual.  I still have a few problems but I think that has to do with the ethernet cable....I think its getting corroded at the ends.  Tried contact cleaner and that worked for about a week.  Time to get a new cable methinks.

The All Blacks vs British and Irish Lions rugby game was great...next weekend is round 2 and I look forward to another great display of rugger.

On 6/22/2017 at 9:55 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Having said that, I don't use Stream Hub much but just checked again and the 2.9 addon updated its dependencies and now doesn't show Mobdro on the menu anymore. However I previously kept Mobdro from Stream Hub as a Kodi favorite and the favorite link still works and brings up the Mobdro menu that still stream sports channels. Perhaps worth a try by adding following to a favorites file?

The Mobdro Kodi addon died more than a year ago, so while it still was in the streamhub repo it didn't work for the past year at least.

The reason that the OP didn't get any streams on his Mobdro app, is because Mobdro updated to version  2.0.42 this week.

Normally when you open a stream in an outdated version of Mobdro you get a notification of the update, if you ignore it you will have no streams loading.

Edit : I notice the Mobdro in the streamhub was not a standalone addon, but a redirection to the app at their side.

Mobdro doesn't have a Kodi addon.

Edited by janclaes47

Just now, janclaes47 said:

The Mobdro Kodi addon died more than a year ago, so while it still was in the streamhub repo it didn't work for the past year at least.

The reason that the OP didn't get any streams on his Mobdro app, is because Mobdro updated to version  2.0.42 this week.

Normally when you open a stream in an outdated version of Mobdro you get a notification of the update, if you ignore it you will have no streams loading.

exactly what happened , update notice appeared on the screen , clicked into it and ok again 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2017 at 3:27 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Streamhub Kodi addon includes link to Mobdro (only works with Windows for some reason)

I just checked last night and it appears Mobdro is back on latest Kodi Steam Hub menu and working on Windows and Android under the Android api menu link. The previous "favorites" method I mentioned still works on Windows only as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I and a few other expats around the area have been having quite a few problems with Mobdro of late.  Very erratic streaming and at times any particular stream will just disappear for a while.

e.g. you may be watching Discovery Turbo and then it begins to freeze.  If you go out of the stream an attempt to 'hook' onto a different stream then sometimes the logo for Discovery Turbo disappears too.  This can be very frustrating.  Ive tried the VPN route as suggested but it didnt make much difference.

Seems possible that those providing the stream maybe over-run with 'customers' and bandwith or whatever they use cant cope.

Im sticking/perservering with it for the moment...partially cause its still free but may in the not too distant future fork out 6k a year and get a box from the UK.  A mate down in Hua Hin got one a few months back. Initial cost was a bit more as he had to pay for the new box but the selection of movies/live sports etc was very good and most are in HD.

I was down his way a week ago and was very impressed with the quality of picture and his details of 24hr service from the providers.

I'll try and find out more details and post later

25 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

I and a few other expats around the area have been having quite a few problems with Mobdro of late.  Very erratic streaming and at times any particular stream will just disappear for a while.

e.g. you may be watching Discovery Turbo and then it begins to freeze.  If you go out of the stream an attempt to 'hook' onto a different stream then sometimes the logo for Discovery Turbo disappears too.  This can be very frustrating.  Ive tried the VPN route as suggested but it didnt make much difference.

Seems possible that those providing the stream maybe over-run with 'customers' and bandwith or whatever they use cant cope.

Im sticking/perservering with it for the moment...partially cause its still free but may in the not too distant future fork out 6k a year and get a box from the UK.  A mate down in Hua Hin got one a few months back. Initial cost was a bit more as he had to pay for the new box but the selection of movies/live sports etc was very good and most are in HD.

I was down his way a week ago and was very impressed with the quality of picture and his details of 24hr service from the providers.

I'll try and find out more details and post later

Why would a box from the UK, work better than a box from elsewhere, since at the end of the day every box on the market comes from China?

Unless it is a paid subscription installed on it, everything installed on it is available on the web, andyou can buy the exact same thing in Thailand or elsewhere in the world.

Edited by janclaes47

I believe it is a paid subscription from the UK. The box looks pretty much like the bog standard boxes we get here....didn't go into the mechanics of it so unsure what version of whatever is running.

But my main point is this.... mobdro although free is not doing the job it once did.  As many people say, you sometimes gets what you pay for.

This paid subscription from the UK looks pretty damn fine IMHO. And at 6000 baht a year is quite palatable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

I believe it is a paid subscription from the UK. The box looks pretty much like the bog standard boxes we get here....didn't go into the mechanics of it so unsure what version of whatever is running.

But my main point is this.... mobdro although free is not doing the job it once did.  As many people say, you sometimes gets what you pay for.

This paid subscription from the UK looks pretty damn fine IMHO. And at 6000 baht a year is quite palatable.

I can relate to all you say with regards to Mobdro as I have been getting the same problems and that is coming through an android box with download speeds of 80  Mbps .   Youtube performs well all of the time .

I hear good things about HDsubs  who have all of the UK programmes , including Sky  and also some European . I contacted them and had a 3 day free trial which ran very well but they control what you watch , i.e. first day BBC1 , second day sports various , third day BBC1 again . I decided to try it out for a month at 900 baht but when I tried to pay by d.c. it failed 4 times . Contacted them and they said is it a card that is not used much , if so try another and I did . One more different d.c. & then a c.c. . No good so emailed them and the said I can pay through Western Union .  Have not got there yet .

One more thing , if you have the Thai computer shop called   Advice  near you , they have android boxes for under 1000 baht and for 300 baht their technician will come to your home and install it with no time limit on how many hours he takes . Link for hdsubs

[email protected] 

We to a further update.... I went into town today (Chiang Mai) and brought a new ethernet cable.  

A blog on the CM forum directed me to a shop that makes and sells cable of better quality but about the same price as bog standard Tesco lotus stuff!

My what a difference that made. Mobdro is running better with a lot less drop outs.

A mate also lent me an updated/spec'd android box running Android 6.  Wow.....it's quick.  Opens up so fast. I gotta get me one.

4.4.4 just doesn't cut the mustard any longer.

All happy here now!

11 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Can you give me the details of where you got the cable from? I'm not convinced my purple Lazada ones are that good.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

I don't think there is a difference in LAN cables from the same spec. A LAN cable either works or doesn't work.

Cat 5e supports 1000Mbps where Cat5 supports only 100 Mbps.

Edited by janclaes47

• 4 weeks later...

If you are looking for the perfect guide which let you watch mobdro's Movies and tv shows on Smart TV then you should also know about the Amazon FireStick. Then here is the unique method which enable you watch HD quality videos on TV. 

• Please connect the Amazon FireStick ot Fire TV to your Smart TV. Make sure it connected to Internet access.
  • Download ES file explorer and then install it
  • Make a bookmark by click on "ADD" button. The insert the path as https://mobdroappdownload.co/mobdro-apk-premium/ and Name as Mobdro.
  • Then go to favorites and click on this bookmark. Now you'll see the option to download apk file.
  • Just install it as usual.

Above are the simple steps to download mobdro on FireStcik of Amazon. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...