Mobdro

superal

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How is it going for you Android box users out there? Looking into one for the purposes of watching football.....

You looking for a free or paid service?

Which variety of "football"?

1. Association Football (soccer)
  2. American Football (a game wher the foot barely comes in to play)
  3. Australian Rules Football (Australian rules? there are rules?)

Assuming Option 1 - I use Vanilla-box.com not free but reasonable if you go for the 12 month sub. There's a 3 day free trial available. I use my phone for portability and a Google ChromeCast to the TV for a larger screen.

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You looking for a free or paid service?

Which variety of "football"?

1. Association Football (soccer)
  2. American Football (a game wher the foot barely comes in to play)
  3. Australian Rules Football (Australian rules? there are rules?)

Assuming Option 1 - I use Vanilla-box.com not free but reasonable if you go for the 12 month sub. There's a 3 day free trial available. I use my phone for portability and a Google ChromeCast to the TV for a larger screen.

Yup number one.... I am thinking of a box as I prefer using a remote control to phone - although I realise there can still be some messing about needed even with a remote.

Vanilla-box looks good but tbh if the free Android boxes are still working well I would prefer them. Just a bit cautious as I haven't used one in about three years.....

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yup number one.... I am thinking of a box as I prefer using a remote control to phone - although I realise there can still be some messing about needed even with a remote.

Vanilla-box looks good but tbh if the free Android boxes are still working well I would prefer them. Just a bit cautious as I haven't used one in about three years.....

and then there are the " apps " . For me its watching the EPL footy  , Golf & horse racing . I have 2  "apps " that provide the programmes and both seem to be getting chased down by the likes of Sky & BT amounting to complete loss of their transmission and apologetic messages on the screen .   To be able to have a reasonable chance of watching sports seems to be by way of a Thai company , e.g. Bein or True .   Not only me having a hard time as others have the same experience .   Anyone have a no problem , quality app that they could recommend ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, superal said:

and then there are the " apps " . For me its watching the EPL footy  , Golf & horse racing . I have 2  "apps " that provide the programmes and both seem to be getting chased down by the likes of Sky & BT amounting to complete loss of their transmission and apologetic messages on the screen .   To be able to have a reasonable chance of watching sports seems to be by way of a Thai company , e.g. Bein or True .   Not only me having a hard time as others have the same experience .   Anyone have a no problem , quality app that they could recommend ?

I have no problems watching those games, and i told you that weeks ago, but as with everything in this world, quality and free usually don't go together

Edited by janclaes47

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I have no problems watching those games, and i told you that weeks ago, but as with everything in this world, quality and free usually don't go together

Hi Jan ,

Not free , subs paid to companies making claims that they offer buffering free / non freezing  transmissions .

I also upgraded to a    "  H96 pro 4k ultra HD TV box  "    .  So the companies are HDprime and AV stream . 

I do however have another Thai app that performs without a problem . Just to reiterate , both the problem apps have apologised for their poor service and were addressing the issues by renewing their European servers .

So which company are you subscribing to that provide faultless programme entertainment ?

28 minutes ago, superal said:

So which company are you subscribing to that provide faultless programme entertainment ?

Al, below is a text posted on their website by a organisation that reviews paid IPTV subscriptions. They do not sell any IPTV themselves.

That said, from the threads I see on this forum, I'm not sure if HDprime is the best choice. The cheapest rarely is the best in anything branch.

After spending a long period of time testing premium IPTV services, we have concluded that it makes sense to have TWO premium providers for the best viewing experience. ALL providers will fail you from time to time - this is a FACT.

There is no such thing as 100% buffer-free 100% of the time. Some channels will not be available from time to time. Contact your service provider and let them know. They rely on your feedback. We advise a minimum sign up period initially. This is common sense - see if it's right for you first. A minimum of 10mb line speed is highly recommend to get the best out of this service.

It's not their fault, that's just the nature of the internet. We do recommend a minimum sign up period to test them out. It's also worth pointing out that not all services will be good for you.
A lot of factors such as latency and bandwidth can affect someone else but not you and vice versa. Don't hate on the service if it's not good for you. Try another. For the record - these are not our services, but we do monitor them constantly for their customer support and quality control.

Also take note about the minimum sped required. The speed quoted on your Internet package, and what you see when you do a speed test on Ookla or the IPS's website, is by far not what your speed is to IPTV servers at the other side of the planet.

Edited by janclaes47
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Al, below is a text posted on their website by a organisation that reviews paid IPTV subscriptions. They do not sell any IPTV themselves.

That said, from the threads I see on this forum, I'm not sure if HDprime is the best choice. The cheapest rarely is the best in anything branch.

After spending a long period of time testing premium IPTV services, we have concluded that it makes sense to have TWO premium providers for the best viewing experience. ALL providers will fail you from time to time - this is a FACT.

There is no such thing as 100% buffer-free 100% of the time. Some channels will not be available from time to time. Contact your service provider and let them know. They rely on your feedback. We advise a minimum sign up period initially. This is common sense - see if it's right for you first. A minimum of 10mb line speed is highly recommend to get the best out of this service.

It's not their fault, that's just the nature of the internet. We do recommend a minimum sign up period to test them out. It's also worth pointing out that not all services will be good for you.
A lot of factors such as latency and bandwidth can affect someone else but not you and vice versa. Don't hate on the service if it's not good for you. Try another. For the record - these are not our services, but we do monitor them constantly for their customer support and quality control.

Also take note about the minimum sped required. The speed quoted on your Internet package, and what you see when you do a speed test on Ookla or the IPS's website, is by far not what your speed is to IPTV servers at the other side of the planet.

I carried out a speed test by testmy,net ( as recommended by you ) from outside Thailand and from 100/25 mbps within Thailand it went to 5/1 mbps and sometimes less .   Spoke to TOT manager who was very polite & helpful and even attended my home but was unable to effect the throttling . A friend has AIS and does not suffer the problem but AIS  is not available at my location .

I use flawless via British Expat TV, 

I find Live tv works great via AIS without a VPN,

but if I want catchup to work without any issues, I use my avast vpn for android, the avast vpn costs 15 pounds per year , so my total cost for the year is around 4600 baht for a good quality system with 7 says catchup and a good vpn that will prevent ais/true/tot etc from throttling my traffic

4 minutes ago, skippy121 said:

I use flawless via British Expat TV,

I find Live tv works great via AIS without a VPN,

but if I want catchup to work without any issues, I use my avast vpn for android, the avast vpn costs 15 pounds per year , so my total cost for the year is around 4600 baht for a good quality system with 7 says catchup and a good vpn that will prevent ais/true/tot etc from throttling my traffic

A friend was unable to view his UK lottery account when using the " Avast " vpn . They said he was outside of the UK

2 hours ago, superal said:

I carried out a speed test by testmy,net ( as recommended by you ) from outside Thailand and from 100/25 mbps within Thailand it went to 5/1 mbps and sometimes less .   Spoke to TOT manager who was very polite & helpful and even attended my home but was unable to effect the throttling . A friend has AIS and does not suffer the problem but AIS  is not available at my location .

That's what I told you from the first time i spoke tou, TOT is the nail in your coffin.

You don't need AIS, there is also 3BB and True, and probably a few others that are reliable.

3BB install fibre for free this month, even the router is free, and i hear from another member here that he got also 50% discount on his first 6 monthly bills because he moved from another ISP.

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:
5 hours ago, superal said:

So which TWO IPTV services do you recommend to achieve this?

2 hours ago, superal said:

A friend was unable to view his UK lottery account when using the " Avast " vpn . They said he was outside of the UK

it has gone over your head this,

we use the vpns to avoid issues with international bandwidth restrictions, mosts ISPs only give you top speed to local servers in Thailand, most will give you fast access to West coast USA,  London , PARIS , Singapore, 

once connected to paris the catchup service works better due to more bandwidth

The only way for a reliable vpn for bbc or 7plus or ten play is to make your own VPN using a private vps , 

I have a Aussie VPN that has no issues as I made it myself and no one else uses the ip address that is not from a known vpn provider

17 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

So which TWO IPTV services do you recommend to achieve this?

I'm not gonna recommend any services on the open forum, as it may be considered plugging which is against forum rules, and for another reason that was mentioned in my earlier post.

A lot of factors such as latency and bandwidth can affect someone else but not you and vice versa

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2018 at 12:09 PM, janclaes47 said:

I'm not gonna recommend any services on the open forum, as it may be considered plugging which is against forum rules, and for another reason that was mentioned in my earlier post.

A lot of factors such as latency and bandwidth can affect someone else but not you and vice versa

Why you think that is funny @WorriedNoodle

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Have not been able to get any channels to stream for the last 48hrs on a number of devices.  Anyone else having a problem?

Also does anyone know of any alternatives other than Live Lounge.

Livetv net. 

You could try the 2 USA sites i reported on Audio/visual,

they are working ,but only on PC, it will give you something

to watch until Mobdro comes back.

regards Worgeordie 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...