Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

snoop1130

Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

By The Nation

e7e8cfe0c05253571ca4d036dc0310f7.jpeg

Authorities failed to confiscate assets belonging to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra as the Legal Execution Department could not locate any property belonging to her, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Thursday.

Wissanu’s comment came a day after Yingluck tearfully said that life had been “extremely difficult” for her this year due to the legal actions pursued against her. 

Earlier, the Finance Ministry had issued an executive order holding Yingluck responsible for Bt35.7 billion, or 20 per cent, of the losses arising from her government’s corruption-plagued rice-pledging scheme.

Yingluck later petitioned the Administrative Court seeking an order to repeal the executive order.

Wissanu said that the asset seizure could be done before the court issued a verdict on Yingluck’s petition. Also, the court had yet to issue the injunction sought by Yingluck. 

“Since the authorities involved could not locate her assets, they had to suspend their operations,” he said. “They didn’t know where to start. And they couldn’t find any assets that belonged to her.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318831

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-22

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Since the authorities involved could not locate her assets, they had to suspend their operations,” he said. “They didn’t know where to start. And they couldn’t find any assets that belonged to her.”

LMAO after what they done with the Brother, they think she is gonna have anything to her name? 

"Since the authorities involved could not locate her assets, they had to suspend their operations,” he said. “They didn’t know where to start. And they couldn’t find any assets that belonged to her." 

<snigger>

Prayuth has no need to declare assets. Yingluck has no assets to declare. Well done girl, well done.

Seize assets before court verdict indeed. I doubt there is much chance at all of other countries co-operating with Thailand if they are going to play these kinds of games. Other countries are rather partial to at least the semblance of law and justice.

Som nam na.

:cheesy::cheesy::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I am not surprised. She's had several long years to prepare for this day and without doubt also drew on the valuable advice from a "consultant" abroad who has extensive experience in these matters.

Go and see if the maid and gardener have mysteriously come into possession of a palatial mansion over the past couple of years or so.

Thailand being Thailand once again. Executive order, without a court hearing, to demand the money, trying to find and take it before a court has heard the petition for relief, and finally, the bungle, because she has stashed it too well and they can't find it!

So that's bypassing the legal system, trying to get ahead of the legal system and the standard stupidity and incompetence.

31 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

LMAO after what they done with the Brother, they think she is gonna have anything to her name? 

right,  I had a chuckle when I read the article. They will need a few years to figure out what she did with her assets. 
The woman apparently is now dead poor. I wonder if she would accept 5k for LT. Just to help her get on her feet again.

17 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

She's more clever than many expats in Thailand.

Do not keep any assets here. Even rich Thais are not stupid enough to do so and that speaks volumes. 

With that in mind, I have the answer to why the Thai started investing so much abroad.

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

right,  I had a chuckle when I read the article. They will need a few years to figure out what she did with her assets. 
The woman apparently is now dead poor. I wonder if she would accept 5k for LT. Just to help her get on her feet again.

She's already laughing her socks off, and good luck to her. So am I and it's not even my assets they want.

Whats LT?

"Authorities failed to confiscate assets belonging to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra as the Legal Execution Department could not locate any property belonging to her, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Thursday"

They couldn't find her assets with both hands.

2 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

She's already laughing her socks off, and good luck to her. So am I and it's not even my assets they want.

Whats LT?

The more enjoyable version of ST, at least for those not in a hurry.

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

The more enjoyable version of ST, at least for those not in a hurry.

OK. Thanks.

What's ST?

Ohh. Long time/short time.

Whatever was I thinking? I was forgetting what Thailand is most famous for.

4 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

just love it, she got more brains than this bumbling unelected lot put together.

I can recall them all mocking her for being a bimbo. I bet Prayuth is apoplectic right about now. Real bleeder in the brain stuff I shouldn't wonder. red face, chest out, huffing and puffing. Wonderful.

3 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

No need to panic, that Dutch bloke and his fellow Junta fan club will explain all. The clever lass has probably bought an English football league club. 

The weightlifter? Or the guy with an exotic dog. No matter, both cut from the same dopey cloth.

10 minutes ago, LuckyNo4 said:

Would love to know how the elite move tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars out of the country. When i go to the bank to do an international wire transfer its like being grilled by the SS.

So would I, though not much to move. I gather Thaksin shovelled a few dozen cash-laden suitcases onto the plane. A percentage to the customs men and its wheels up. Mind you, the elites wanted him to flee so they gave him permission to go the the Beijing Olympics. Outstanding

Yup, all part of the reconciliation. Be as much of a  d ! c k as possible to the other side when you have the upper hand. As Britain and France did to Germany after WWI.

That's the way to do it, boys. Keep it up. Repeat after me: "the wheel of fortune doesn't turn for us." 

Archived