Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

snoop1130

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, The Deerhunter said:

Just get a forensic accountant onto the job.  Shouldn't be too difficult as long as you are not just a soldier who cannot balance a cheque book.

They should look on one of her old statements of wealth and see what she used to say were her assets.  Who owns the house she lives in and how long have they owned it?  etc etc.  Go from there. 

Shhhhhhhh!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 8:04 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

She's more clever than many expats in Thailand.

Do not keep any assets here. Even rich Thais are not stupid enough to do so and that speaks volumes. 

It depends on the legitimacy of those assets. Legally obtained assets are perfectly safe.

right,  I had a chuckle when I read the article. They will need a few years to figure out what she did with her assets. 
The woman apparently is now dead poor. I wonder if she would accept 5k for LT. Just to help her get on her feet again.

Chuckle? Larf out loud.
"Didn't know where to start". What a joke. True Thainess. Assets just as hard to find as "Boss".

On 6/22/2017 at 8:22 PM, Bastos60 said:

With that in mind, I have the answer to why the Thai started investing so much abroad.

for the record: Thais have not "started" investing abroad. well-off Thais have been investing abroad before the 1997 crisis and especially in the wake of this crisis. representatives of a dozen major multinational banks in Hong Kong, Singapore, Zürich and Geneva are travelling periodically to Bangkok (some of them every month) to meet their existing and potential new clients.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:04 AM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Do not keep any assets here. Even rich Thais are not stupid enough to do so and that speaks volumes. 

Yes, an asset in Thailand immediately takes on the character of something that you must to defend to keep. This renders any assets to be of a character so that they do not resemble assets at all. At least a night on Soi 4 has some type of return on investment.

On 22/06/2017 at 8:15 PM, The manic said:

God bless her and good luck to her and all her family! 

What about the poor farmers in issan who have lost everything due to the rice pledging scheme, she is corrupt as all the others and has run away from facing her actions.

Thailand being Thailand once again. Executive order, without a court hearing, to demand the money, trying to find and take it before a court has heard the petition for relief, and finally, the bungle, because she has stashed it too well and they can't find it!

So that's bypassing the legal system, trying to get ahead of the legal system and the standard stupidity and incompetence.

What legal system, appears to be one sided to me (Just a joke)

On 9/4/2017 at 0:21 AM, tomyummer said:

Hmmm....could not find any of assets?

Maybe it's time to call in the real police? Maybe any of the rest of the family clan freely living within Thai borders could be interrogated? Naw, they probably already helped as much as possible.

She one asset here her son!

On 22/06/2017 at 8:04 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Unfortunately, to be able to renew my retirement visa extention each year, I have to keep 800,000 Thai Baht in  Thai bank for the three months prior to renewal.

That's a large chunk of assets I could do without having it in  a Thai bank.

You all know that humans were a cloned version of aliens/monkeys specifically to mine gold in South Africa. We were cloned millions of years ago by the Annuki aliens.

The Annuki wanted the gold to put chemtrails round their planet, Niburu, to stop their global warming.

They had 'slit eyes' and the clones had be dark skinned (to cope with the South Aftican sun) and fairly 'stupid' to be able to do the monotonus mining work.

They also had to have the dexterity to squat on the floor when mining in low tunnels.

'Western' man - Farangs - (white skin, no slit eyes, can't sit on the floor) developed from these early clones. That's why Farangs are a sub-race and inferior to the original clones as seen through their eyes.

Just a light-hearted perspective and sorry for any spelling errors.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 8:50 AM, AGareth2 said:

maybe this was the game plan

give her plenty of time to safeguard her assets

everyone wins

The Junta keeps face

she keeps her dosh 

Could well be yes...

But what amazes me the most is: she has been totally silent since 23rd of August, not a word in the media at all from her side...

WTH are those government representative doing on a daily basis, pushing her in the news??

What benefit for them, ridiculing themselves?

On 6/22/2017 at 8:26 PM, Trumpish said:

OK. Thanks.

What's ST?

Ohh. Long time/short time.

Whatever was I thinking? I was forgetting what Thailand is most famous for.

Most famous for anacronyms, I'm still struggling... Does anyone have a list with definitions..:sad::sad:

On 6/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, Trumpish said:

"Since the authorities involved could not locate her assets, they had to suspend their operations,” he said. “They didn’t know where to start. And they couldn’t find any assets that belonged to her." 

<snigger>

Prayuth has no need to declare assets. Yingluck has no assets to declare. Well done girl, well done.

Seize assets before court verdict indeed. I doubt there is much chance at all of other countries co-operating with Thailand if they are going to play these kinds of games. Other countries are rather partial to at least the semblance of law and justice.

Som nam na.

Other countries are rather partial to "justice".

Oh yes, definitely.

If you have the funds to hire a good lawyer, meaning, if you are rich.

Then you can have, ehhh, buy justice.

Or buy an "arrangement" with the justice department.

Archived