Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, LuckyNo4 said:

Would love to know how the elite move tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars out of the country. When i go to the bank to do an international wire transfer its like being grilled by the SS.

Investment bankers don't ask questions.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, seminomadic said:

Yup, all part of the reconciliation. Be as much of a  d ! c k as possible to the other side when you have the upper hand. As Britain and France did to Germany after WWI.

That's the way to do it, boys. Keep it up. Repeat after me: "the wheel of fortune doesn't turn for us." 

Indeed, though Germany had the last laugh. I'd love to see Prayuth and his co-conspirators being dealt with very severely.

51 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

right,  I had a chuckle when I read the article. They will need a few years to figure out what she did with her assets. 
The woman apparently is now dead poor. I wonder if she would accept 5k for LT. Just to help her get on her feet again.

So where does the 2 Million a month living expenses come from? Tracking the origin could be interesting. 

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

So where does the 2 Million a month living expenses come from? Tracking the origin could be interesting. 

Someone already taking her LLT?

1 minute ago, Trumpish said:

But that's a foreigner speaking. Thais not same.

not sure what you meant to say

right,  I had a chuckle when I read the article. They will need a few years to figure out what she did with her assets. 
The woman apparently is now dead poor. I wonder if she would accept 5k for LT. Just to help her get on her feet again.

TV members... forever stayin' classy.

56 minutes ago, LuckyNo4 said:

Would love to know how the elite move tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars out of the country. When i go to the bank to do an international wire transfer its like being grilled by the SS.

It is called a chartered airplane or a yacht destined for places where people forget to ask questions or have really poor memories. 

1 minute ago, Bezdomny said:

Among all corrupt Thai politicians she is my favorite. Or somebody suggesting that junta is not corrupt and actually doing their job?

Personally I think she was much less corrupt than those she chose (or Thaksin chose) to surround her, though that is my feeling and I do not claim it as fact.

The junta, in contrast, is rapaciousMy opinion supported by what facts are generally available, notablt yhe corruption park and the submarine/personell carrier deals.

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

:cheesy::cheesy::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I am not surprised. She's had several long years to prepare for this day and without doubt also drew on the valuable advice from a "consultant" abroad who has extensive experience in these matters.

Go and see if the maid and gardener have mysteriously come into possession of a palatial mansion over the past couple of years or so.

No, they did that once, it wont be that easy a second time. While i am by no mewns a fan of the shinawattras, at least they were ordinary decent criminals. 

And waaaay smarter than the junta could ever hope to be. 

This is comedy at its finest.

1 hour ago, Trumpish said:

It's going to be a very funny 5 years watching everything Prayuth touches turn to sh|t.

Extra beer and popcorn on order. Going to be good.

Indeed, sit and laugh while yet another group of working  lose their income and their lives under the arbitray policies of an illegal government composed of an unchecked military.

Then complain about crime and the stupidity of the common thai, while shelling out brown notes to have your way with their children, all the while while ignoring the fact that your own countries are being reconstructed beneath your smug noses.

Oh what fun you will have. How very much better you are.

7 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Indeed, sit and laugh while yet another group of working  lose their income and their lives.

Then complain about crime and the stupidity of the common thai, while shelling out brown notes to have your way with their children while ignoring the fact that your own country is falling apart. 

Oh what fun you will have. How very much better you are.

Sorry mate, no sympathy. Populations get the governments they deserve. USA got Trump, Thailand got Prayuth. Thailand is falling apart and I don't give a fig. Not my country, I just live here for a while.

I'm not better or smarter, statistically, Thais are dumber, it's not the same thing.

I really don't have any sympathy for them, they've done it to themselves by accepting these clowns. Not my problem. Time for a beer.

And I *am* going to have a lot of fun watching Rome burn and I don't really know why you won't be. Don't care very much either..

1 hour ago, Trumpish said:

I can recall them all mocking her for being a bimbo. I bet Prayuth is apoplectic right about now. Real bleeder in the brain stuff I shouldn't wonder. red face, chest out, huffing and puffing. Wonderful.

I bet his reaction pales in comparison to the junta fanbois on here. Hope the cardiac wards are on standby...

1 minute ago, baboon said:

I bet his reaction pales in comparison to the junta fanbois on here. Hope the cardiac wards are on standby...

Imagine what will happen in about 5 years when the patience of the Thai people finally runs out. There'll be lots of reasons why they were red supporters after all and it was all a terrible misunderstanding. Lots and lots.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

No, they did that once, it wont be that easy a second time. While i am by no mewns a fan of the shinawattras, at least they were ordinary decent criminals. 

And waaaay smarter than the junta could ever hope to be. 

This is comedy at its finest.

I don't consider getting caught red handed (on TV no less) signing documents to execute a serious abuse of authority smart? Perhaps you do. 

I don't consider ordering a state bank to loan hundreds of millions of baht to the Burmese gov't so they could buy his products, and it was quickly discover.to be too smart. Perhaps you do.

I don't consider railroading big changes to sacrasant laws about foreign ownership in the face of the nation to be highly moral ? Perhaps you do.

And many more...

52 minutes ago, baboon said:

Perhaps the search for her assets was just routine / required process, knowing well that there was a very strong chance her assets were moved out of sight before / immediately she became the puppet.

32 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps the search for her assets was just routine / required process, knowing well that there was a very strong chance her assets were moved out of sight before / immediately she became the puppet.

And perhaps it wasn't. 

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

I don't consider getting caught red handed (on TV no less) signing documents to execute a serious abuse of authority smart? Perhaps you do. 

I don't consider ordering a state bank to loan hundreds of millions of baht to the Burmese gov't so they could buy his products, and it was quickly discover.to be too smart. Perhaps you do.

I don't consider railroading big changes to sacrasant laws about foreign ownership in the face of the nation to be highly moral ? Perhaps you do.

And many more...

I don't consider any of that smart, but hey, they were elected so they get to choose what they try to do. that's called democracy, though I know you don't care for it much.

Prayuth elected himself. For reasons he still lies about.

End of really. 

Bid to seize Yingluck’s assets runs into snag
By THE NATION

78bfd450f59220ca4da8fdf12fce79f6.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Legal execution department says yet to receive a list from finance ministry; Wissanu says task can be started before court rules on her plea.

AUTHORITIES have suspended the confiscation of former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s assets as the Legal Execution Department could not locate any property belonging to her, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said yesterday.

Wissanu’s comment came a day after Yingluck tearfully said that life had been “extremely difficult” for her this year due to the legal actions pursued against her. 

Earlier, the Finance Ministry had issued an executive order holding Yingluck responsible for Bt35.7 billion, or 20 per cent, of the losses arising from her government’s corruption-plagued rice-pledging scheme.

Yingluck later petitioned the Administrative Court seeking an order to repeal the executive order. Wissanu said yesterday that the asset seizure could be started before the court issued a verdict on Yingluck’s petition. Also, the court had yet to issue the injunction sought by Yingluck. 

“Since the authorities involved could not locate her assets, they had to suspend their operations,” he said. “They didn’t know where to start. And they couldn’t find any assets that belonged to her.”

The Finance Ministry, as the damaged party, has yet to inform the Legal Execution Department in writing about the details of Yingluck’s assets to be confiscated, according to a source in the department. He said the department’s duty was to confiscate and not locate the assets.

When asked if it were possible that authorities could not find Yingluck’s assets, the source said this was a matter for the Finance Ministry to explain.

In May 2015, a year after leaving office, Yingluck had reported to the National |Anti-Corruption Commission that she had total assets worth Bt610.8 million. These included Bt14.2 million in cash, Bt24.9 million in bank deposits, Bt115.5 million in investments, Bt108.3 million in loans, Bt117.1 million in land plots, Bt162.3 million in properties, and vehicles worth Bt21.9 million.

In addition to the government’s civil action seeking confiscation of her assets, Yingluck is being tried by the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders in a criminal case where she is accused of negligence for failing to stop massive irregularities in the rice-pledging scheme.

The last hearing of defence witnesses is scheduled for July 21 and both parties will have 30 days before presenting their closing statements. After that, the court has 14 days to issue a verdict in the case – which is |expected in September.

Other members of Yingluck’s Cabinet – former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom and his ex-deputy Poom Sarapol – as well as four former senior civil servants, were also accused of malfeasance in “fake” government-to-government deals to sell rice to China. 

The Foreign Trade Department sought Bt20 billion in compensation from six former officials deemed responsible – Bt1.7 billion from Boonsong, Bt2.3 billion from Poom, and Bt4 billion each from the four others.

There are more than 800 other cases stemming from the rice-pledging scheme against the state officials involved that have been taken to court by the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission, according to Wissanu.

The source in the Legal Execution Department said that unlike Yingluck’s case, the Finance Ministry had informed the agency about the details of Boonsong’s assets and it was now in the process of confiscation, although the source declined to discuss further details.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318838

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-23

2 hours ago, Trumpish said:

I don't consider any of that smart, but hey, they were elected so they get to choose what they try to do. that's called democracy, though I know you don't care for it much.

Prayuth elected himself. For reasons he still lies about.

End of really. 

Here we go again.

"..... but hey, they were elected so they get to choose what they try to do. that's called democracy,  ....."

I don't care much for your version of democracy either.

Archived