Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

snoop1130

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Trumpish said:

No point trying to talk sense to this one, he drank the kool-aid a long time ago.

But be fair - he is the only fanboi not conspicuous by his absence on this thread.

10 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Yingluck proving once again how dishonest she is....

she proved she was smart. does not matter if you are innocent or not, if the army comes after your assets you get them out of your name preferably moved offshore. remember the dutch guy who had the weed cafes  in holland? he was never convicted of any crime but his assets were seized. he never should have bought them to thailand.

15 minutes ago, Get Real said:

That´s what+s happens when things take as long time as it does. Gives people the chance to hide what was before.

That could have happened years ago or before she was elected.  Also, does the junta have the moral authority ?    Whatever she owns is probably in a country where lawyers and finance people are notorious for have poor memories. 

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

I don't consider getting caught red handed (on TV no less) signing documents to execute a serious abuse of authority smart? Perhaps you do. 

I don't consider ordering a state bank to loan hundreds of millions of baht to the Burmese gov't so they could buy his products, and it was quickly discover.to be too smart. Perhaps you do.

I don't consider railroading big changes to sacrasant laws about foreign ownership in the face of the nation to be highly moral ? Perhaps you do.

And many more...

I didnt say they were good people, i just enjoy seeing the juntas assets grab thwarted. I was most certainly not a supporter and am not now.

As i said give me an ordinary decent criminal over prayut and his lot on the side of good. 

Id prefer democratic process any day.

Oh, and its "sacrosant" for your future reference.and apparently the laws werent sacrosanct as they did change. 

Innit.

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The more enjoyable version of ST, at least for those not in a hurry.

So you think she's the winner?

You think the whole matter is now closed?

Perhaps she was 'told' what to do with her assets long ago. In fact who would be surprised if she wasn't 'told' or at least encouraged to move all assets / wealth out of her own name years ago.  

Does it all mean the legal execution office is a failure? No, they went through the motions as required by aligned laws and regulations.

She's still under investigation for serious dereliction of duty, many of her defense witnesses have now made an appearance and spoken, and not one of them has provided any real evidence to refute that she committed serious dereliction of duty. 'But she's really a nice girl' has become rather boring and shows the lack of intelligence and capability and lack of morals of the cohorts she surrounded herself with (she claims she selected them, but...).

Jail possibly looms. And where is her convicted highly corrupt brother? Why her family not support her at the recent temple event?

Bottom line - which family member is next to be thrown under the bus?

Bottom line - she has no assets, so where does the money to support her (self claimed) 2million baht monthly living expenses come from? It doesn't magically drop from the sky. The source should be investigated.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

I didnt say they were good people, i just enjoy seeing the juntas assets grab thwarted. I was most certainly not a supporter and am not now.

As i said give me an ordinary decent criminal over prayut and his lot on the side of good. 

Id prefer democratic process any day.

Oh, and its "sacrosant" for your future reference.and apparently the laws werent sacrosanct as they did change. 

Innit.

So they are highly corrupt, have no morals whatever and they are ruthless, and you didn't say they were good people but you like ordinary decent criminals.

Bye...

13 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

“Since the authorities involved could not locate her assets, they had to suspend their operations,” he said. They didn’t k“now where to start. And they couldn’t find any assets that belonged to her.”

I thought they would start with the assets she declared when PM.

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So they are highly corrupt, have no morals whatever and they are ruthless, and you didn't say they were good people but you like ordinary decent criminals.

Bye...

Over an unelected illegal junta. Yes, democratic proccess mate, sorry you cant wrap your head around that.

Can't find Yingluck's assets, can't find 70 year old monk on the run, can't find people to answer a list of questions...
good junta, brave junta, smart junta - can't find anything wrong junta

It's taken my Thai Wife 30 Years to accept that Princess Ann of England was prosecuted for Speeding .Its a Thai mindset Im afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Bye...

Over an unelected illegal junta. Yes, democratic proccess mate, sorry you cant wrap your head around that.

to further explain the  point,  as it seems to elude you, the Shinawatras were elected, legally by the people. Thaksin was also legally un-elected by the people. 

The junta however seized power illegally in a coup and put a constitution in place that even more deeply entrenched their power  in perpetuity no matter which puppet government they allow to be elected in the future.

bye.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:  

Bye...

to further explain the  point,  as it seems to elude you, the Shinawatras were elected, legally by the people. Thaksin was also legally un-elected by the people. 

The junta however seized power illegally in a coup and put a constitution in place that even more deeply entrenched their power  in perpetuity no matter which puppet government they allow to be elected in the future.

bye.

Total Rubbish He bribed the electorate in the North East.

5 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

bye.

Total Rubbish He bribed the electorate in the North East.

perhaps, but nonetheless the electorate was involved.

i didnt say he wasnt corrupt.

It would seem the same crack Thai team handling YL's asset seizure campaign were the ones also handling the arrest warrant and extradition case for the Red Bull heir. Some really crack guys there..... :post-4641-1156694572:

Here's a suggestion for these morons:  For starters, take her last/final asset declaration statement as PM, and start tracing what has become of those assets.

Thai businesswoman and politician, Yingluck Shinawatra, has an estimated net worth of $17 million (541 million Baht) as of September 2011, according to Thai independent National Counter Corruption Commission. Yingluck’s nine-year-old son, Supasek, has 4.4 million baht while her common law husband declared 76.8 million baht in assets, along with debt of 369.7 million baht.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/politician/minister/yingluck-shinawatra-net-worth/

And then from mid-2015:

Ms Yingluck became richer at 579 million baht,  gaining additional 38 million baht more than she earlier declared before taking office a year ago.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-becomes-richer-in-latest-wealth-update-by-nacc/

16 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

She's more clever than many expats in Thailand.

Do not keep any assets here. Even rich Thais are not stupid enough to do so and that speaks volumes. 

She'll have plenty of assets here - just not held in her name.

Hubby, son, siblings, trusted cronies, servants etc etc.

I remember as a boy a number of family friends who owned small businesses. All had their house, investments and assets in their wives' names in case the business went bankrupt. That was before limited companies became cheap and easy to establish and before divorce became fashionable for ladies!

There's always ways around - and if your family is mega rich then the high priced accountants and lawyers will find them.

She will have to be careful when this all blows over - if they are moved back to her some clown will scream "unusually rich".

48 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It would seem the same crack Thai team handling YL's asset seizure campaign were the ones also handling the arrest warrant and extradition case for the Red Bull heir. Some really crack guys there..... :post-4641-1156694572:

Here's a suggestion for these morons:  For starters, take her last/final asset declaration statement as PM, and start tracing what has become of those assets.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/politician/minister/yingluck-shinawatra-net-worth/

And then from mid-2015:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-becomes-richer-in-latest-wealth-update-by-nacc/

Your missing the point old son. If you don't want to find something then you mustn't look to hard, use your brain and apply thought and logic.

Seizing from someone who is closely related to someone very powerful might not be every bodies dream job. Same as extraditing someone from a very powerful family.

Can't find, can't do. Reasonable way out to some.

Wish all the people involved would go to The Hague arbitration and resolve all these issues. Reach some sort of global settlement and hit the reset button and write a scholarly practical constitution and have elections.  But I am afraid one side knows they would lose so they use force rather than the rule of law. Just remember that the people that use force get addicted to their power and can turn on anyone for any reason. 

Archived