Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

snoop1130

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Supporting a crook hiding their ill gotten gains.

An, honest criminal, they"re all at it, but I liked her, for some reason I cannot fathom out 

I think she has some decency, nay respect for her people................... 

The weightlifter? Or the guy with an exotic dog. No matter, both cut from the same dopey cloth.

What do you want me to explain? That she was smart enough to hide her assets ? No problem just jail her and write of 200 bt of the debt for every day she stays in jail. The money would appear back as if by magic.

51 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Supporting a crook hiding their ill gotten gains.

as far as I know she did not take any money out of that rice scheme. And if the rice scheme would have been able to continue and not finished by Suthep/coup and the train project as planned paid by half with rice.....everything would be fine and Thailand would really move forward. Also if you finish a program by force you cannot put Yingluck in charge for losses and try to seize her assets.

I wonder why you are so happy with the Generals now?

But be fair - he is the only fanboi not conspicuous by his absence on this thread.

I just found it logical she hid her stuff. But if they convict her and jail her for 200 bt a day written of the debt im sure the money will be found.

I read somewhere that is what they do with foreigners who cant pay their fine for deporting. If they do the same here she will quickly pay up.

But she is not convicted yet.

9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

as far as I know she did not take any money out of that rice scheme. And if the rice scheme would have been able to continue and not finished by Suthep/coup and the train project as planned paid by half with rice.....everything would be fine and Thailand would really move forward. Also if you finish a program by force you cannot put Yingluck in charge for losses and try to seize her assets.

I wonder why you are so happy with the Generals now?

you mustn't know very much then, suggest you actually look up what was happening under her reign as the one in charge of the rice scam, it was one giant rip off, there were that many scams going on inside it and she simply refused to do anything about it. Trying to make false claims about what happened or was going to happen doesnt help but then the apologists refuse to accept the truth anyway

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

I just found it logical she hid her stuff. But if they convict her and jail her for 200 bt a day written of the debt im sure the money will be found.

I read somewhere that is what they do with foreigners who cant pay their fine for deporting. If they do the same here she will quickly pay up.

But she is not convicted yet.

If she hires / had hired the finest accountants money can buy, couldn't they make the money vanish?

If she hires / had hired the finest accountants money can buy, couldn't they make the money vanish?

Probably. However she does it is irrelevant anyone in her shoes would. They just put her in jail until its paid that is how they do it in other countries . I really dont see the problem here this case will be in the courts for years. Why worry about it now.

Just now, robblok said:

Probably. However she does it is irrelevant anyone in her shoes would. They just put her in jail until its paid that is how they do it in other countries . I really dont see the problem here this case will be in the courts for years. Why worry about it now.

But then how could a demand for payment be made if there is no money there? Not trying to trip you up here, I'm genuinely interested. 

11 hours ago, Trumpish said:

I don't consider any of that smart, but hey, they were elected so they get to choose what they try to do. that's called democracy, though I know you don't care for it much.

Prayuth elected himself. For reasons he still lies about.

End of really. 

You have a weird view on democracy. People in the opposition have been elected also and they make sure the government is accountable for everything they choose to do.

Being elected is not a free card to do whatever you feel like doing.  You go to your constituency with a program of actions you propose need to be taken care of. 
If you neglect to bring any of them to full fruition, you probably won't get elected next time and in the worst case will have many protests against your government or another coup.

Democracy in Thailand is very much supported by their people, if they don't like what is happening, they hit the streets, occupy airports, but they come out and demand actions
from the government.

In the west, any public protests against governments in power are deemed illegal or are squashed by the police. And that is without any junta in power, but it is even worse, the west
don't even care anymore about politics. the protests that draw a lot of people and are allowed to happen are those that don't target governments.

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps the search for her assets was just routine / required process, knowing well that there was a very strong chance her assets were moved out of sight before / immediately she became the puppet.

As with any rich individual, assets are put in some sort of management companies which in turn have multiple shareholders and can't be seized. 
And even if they would try to confiscate the shares in that company, there is nothing the government can do as it will take a new lawsuite to seize them.

This is pretty much how politicians all over the world hide their assets. In my country they actually started with legislation to counter but without much success.

A politician can only be held accountable by taking having them convicted in court, strip them of 'some' civil rights that would forbid them to run for office again.

But then how could a demand for payment be made if there is no money there? Not trying to trip you up here, I'm genuinely interested. 

Because we all know there is money. It is just hidden so they put ppl in jail until it's paid that is standard all over the world.

6 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Over an unelected illegal junta. Yes, democratic proccess mate, sorry you cant wrap your head around that.

Corruption in a democratic process is worse than having a military junta in power.
Because if you condone corruption in your government you are equally despicable.

Do I approve of any military coups, no, and the one in Thailand now should have already stepped down as there are enough
qualified politicians to set up and interim government that includes elected officials from every party.

Just look at how many international sanctions have been taken against Thailand for their current regime. NONE.

4 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

Corruption in a democratic process is worse than having a military junta in power.
Because if you condone corruption in your government you are equally despicable.

Do I approve of any military coups, no, and the one in Thailand now should have already stepped down as there are enough
qualified politicians to set up and interim government that includes elected officials from every party.

Just look at how many international sanctions have been taken against Thailand for their current regime. NONE.

i do not condone either, but an elected evil can be removed from office legally, whereas the junta is entrenched by threat of force and in my estimation that is worse

4 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

i do not condone either, but an elected evil can be removed from office legally, whereas the junta is entrenched by threat of force and in my estimation that is worse

The reason the junta seized power was because an elected evil could NOT be removed.

Turkey is a fine example of an elected evil that can not be removed from office. Turks that have migrated abroad don't care about what that evil is doing
in office, and those migrated turks even gave this EVIL more power. But that is another discussion for another thread/forum.

4 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

"...but an elected evil can be removed from office legally...."

Well there's a nice textbook answer, but not reality. Think about it.

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"...but an elected evil can be removed from office legally...."

Well there's a nice textbook answer, but not reality.

Theoretically everything is possible, even a basic income for everyone.

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

She had years to prepare for this, along with assistance from her big brother, who knows how to play the game, making the Thai officials look like idiots. 

Not that they need a lot of help mostly...

Bastos60 said:

"You have a weird view on democracy. People in the opposition have been elected also and they make sure the government is accountable for everything they choose to do.

Being elected is not a free card to do whatever you feel like doing.  You go to your constituency with a program of actions you propose need to be taken care of. 
If you neglect to bring any of them to full fruition, you probably won't get elected next time and in the worst case will have many protests against your government or another coup."

So you didn't notice the word 'try' then...

"Democracy in Thailand is very much supported by their people, if they don't like what is happening, they hit the streets, occupy airports, but they come out and demand actions from the government."

That's an educational and cultural thing. Thais haven't learned about laws yet, as anyone driving on their roads will tell you.

"In the west, any public protests against governments in power are deemed illegal or are squashed by the police. And that is without any junta in power, but it is even worse, the west don't even care anymore about politics. the protests that draw a lot of people and are allowed to happen are those that don't target governments."

Don't agree. It might be true in some countries, but not all.

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

So you think she's the winner?

You think the whole matter is now closed?

Perhaps she was 'told' what to do with her assets long ago. In fact who would be surprised if she wasn't 'told' or at least encouraged to move all assets / wealth out of her own name years ago.  

Does it all mean the legal execution office is a failure? No, they went through the motions as required by aligned laws and regulations.

She's still under investigation for serious dereliction of duty, many of her defense witnesses have now made an appearance and spoken, and not one of them has provided any real evidence to refute that she committed serious dereliction of duty. 'But she's really a nice girl' has become rather boring and shows the lack of intelligence and capability and lack of morals of the cohorts she surrounded herself with (she claims she selected them, but...).

Jail possibly looms. And where is her convicted highly corrupt brother? Why her family not support her at the recent temple event?

Bottom line - which family member is next to be thrown under the bus?

Bottom line - she has no assets, so where does the money to support her (self claimed) 2million baht monthly living expenses come from? It doesn't magically drop from the sky. The source should be investigated.

Huh? Could I please have half a pound of whatever it is you've been smoking?

12 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

she proved she was smart. does not matter if you are innocent or not, if the army comes after your assets you get them out of your name preferably moved offshore. remember the dutch guy who had the weed cafes  in holland? he was never convicted of any crime but his assets were seized. he never should have bought them to thailand.

If she was smart she would still be in power ;) ...all this proves is that she is a thoroughly dishonest scam artist!

2 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

If she was smart she would still be in power ;) ...all this proves is that she is a thoroughly dishonest scam artist!

So you'd stand by the front door, hand it all over and them make them a nice cup of tea would you? I certainly wouldn't. I must be a dishonest scam artist I suppose.

Archived