Attempt to seize Yingluck's assets hit snag

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

So you'd stand by the front door, hand it all over and them make them a nice cup of tea would you? I certainly wouldn't. I must be a dishonest scam artist I suppose.

I would never be in her position ...so your hypothetical is pointless.

But, yes! ...if you were openly lying and manoeuvring to hide your assets because you are facing criminal charges then it means you are a dishonest scam artist.

A 'self preservation defence' for your 'lying and manoeuvring' is neither here nor there.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, onthesoi said:

I would never be in her position ...so your hypothetical is pointless.

But, yes! ...if you were openly lying and manoeuvring to hide your assets because you are facing criminal charges then it means you are a dishonest scam artist.

A 'self preservation defence' for your 'lying and manoeuvring' is neither here nor there.

Sorry mate. Too many non-sequiturs. It's like trying to knit a bowl of spaghetti I imagine. A bowl of illiterate spaghetti.

7 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

Sorry mate. Too many non-sequiturs. It's like trying to knit a bowl of spaghetti I imagine. A bowl of illiterate spaghetti.

Your lack of comprehension is not my responsibility.

If you can muster the wherewithal to make a genuine point beyond the usual trolling...then I will respond.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:46 PM, Trumpish said:

I can recall them all mocking her for being a bimbo. I bet Prayuth is apoplectic right about now. Real bleeder in the brain stuff I shouldn't wonder. red face, chest out, huffing and puffing. Wonderful.

Don't forget them flared nostrils, which happens when he gets angry!

1 hour ago, onthesoi said:

Your lack of comprehension is not my responsibility.

If you can muster the wherewithal to make a genuine point beyond the usual trolling...then I will respond.

Oh dear. You write gibberish and then blame the reader because it's gibberish.

Trolling.... LOL.

Respond...?  LOL. No, please don't. Pretty please. Pretty please with a cherry on. Please don't.

4 hours ago, onthesoi said:

If she was smart she would still be in power ;) ...all this proves is that she is a thoroughly dishonest scam artist!

I believe she is a very smart woman but put into a position of power surrounded by corruption. Her biggest problem was she was to nice of a person, not ruthless enough to control the corruption surrounding her. Her heart was in the right place to try and help the poor. The problem today is that the people still like her and know she tried to help them. As we see by Deputy Prime Ministers remark that it was OK to seize Yingluck's assets, even before the courts decide if she's guilty or not only goes to show that they still fear the woman and want to destroy the family. I don't care what anyone says but my heart goes out to this woman

7 hours ago, onthesoi said:

If she was smart she would still be in power ;) ...all this proves is that she is a thoroughly dishonest scam artist!

with 20 coups over the last 80 years i doubt there would have been much chance she would be in power now no matter how smart she is. smart or dumb i think we can agree she was simply a puppet controlled from dubai.

8 hours ago, Pigdog747 said:

I believe she is a very smart woman but put into a position of power surrounded by corruption. Her biggest problem was she was to nice of a person, not ruthless enough to control the corruption surrounding her. Her heart was in the right place to try and help the poor. The problem today is that the people still like her and know she tried to help them. As we see by Deputy Prime Ministers remark that it was OK to seize Yingluck's assets, even before the courts decide if she's guilty or not only goes to show that they still fear the woman and want to destroy the family. I don't care what anyone says but my heart goes out to this woman

Seems like a pretty good assessment. 

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

with 20 coups over the last 80 years i doubt there would have been much chance she would be in power now no matter how smart she is. smart or dumb i think we can agree she was simply a puppet controlled from dubai.

As opposed to being a puppet controlled by the feudal barons in Bangkok and their totem.

21 hours ago, seajae said:

you mustn't know very much then, suggest you actually look up what was happening under her reign as the one in charge of the rice scam, it was one giant rip off, there were that many scams going on inside it and she simply refused to do anything about it. Trying to make false claims about what happened or was going to happen doesnt help but then the apologists refuse to accept the truth anyway

I don't think so. She tried to continue the rice scheme just to pay Chinese/Thai projects with rice. What is a splendid idea. But now the Chinese want to have MONEY instead of rice. I suppose it'd getting more and more expensive with the train project.

12 hours ago, Pigdog747 said:

You lost all credibility by the time you got to 'but". I know intelligence is relative, but what leads you to believe she is "very smart" when all appearances are that she is an airhead?

3 hours ago, halloween said:

You lost all credibility by the time you got to 'but". I know intelligence is relative, but what leads you to believe she is "very smart" when all appearances are that she is an airhead?

Be interesting to see how your CV stacks up against Ms Shinawatra's.

9 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Be interesting to see how your CV stacks up against Ms Shinawatra's.

Yingluck's cv, cliff notes:

Privileged life, silver spoon, everything handed to her on a plate.

Yet, she still managed to trash her lot and the lot of her country via bad decisions, corruption and greed.

Caused a civil war and Thailand's democracy to be put on ice for 5 years( and counting ).

Now facing asset seizure, criminal proceedings and political career in tatters.

16 hours ago, Pigdog747 said:

So wonder what big brother who pushes into the job and let her get thrown under the bus thinks now.

Wonder if he has any remorse? Doubt it. 

4 hours ago, halloween said:

As a person who manages to inject red shirt hatred even into topics that have absolutely nothing to do with them you should be the last person on TVF to accuse anyone of losing credibility.

Seriously.

The "puppet" chosen by the people. The "puppet" who had given the people the opportunity to decide again

Not the "puppet" who took power in a coup, selected by a very small ( but very wealthy) group of people. A "puppet" whose primary task is to ensure that the people never have the opportunity to decide who governs them again.

16 hours ago, Becker said:

As a person who manages to inject red shirt hatred even into topics that have absolutely nothing to do with them you should be the last person on TVF to accuse anyone of losing credibility.

Seriously.

To be fair the person he quoted manages to inject thrir own political bias into every topic, even when unrelated. 

18 hours ago, RobFord said:

I'm sure she's added and abetted by many smart people. She has a payroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Aided, abetted... and added pushed, manipulated, ordered.

Makes no difference she could have said no to being a puppet PM / a fake PM but she chose not too.

Sum num na.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get a forensic accountant onto the job.  Shouldn't be too difficult as long as you are not just a soldier who cannot balance a cheque book.

They should look on one of her old statements of wealth and see what she used to say were her assets.  Who owns the house she lives in and how long have they owned it?  etc etc.  Go from there. 

On 22/06/2017 at 8:20 PM, Bastos60 said:

right,  I had a chuckle when I read the article. They will need a few years to figure out what she did with her assets. 
The woman apparently is now dead poor. I wonder if she would accept 5k for LT. Just to help her get on her feet again.

Shouldn't that be off her feet again?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2017 at 9:07 AM, JAG said:

The "puppet" chosen by the people. The "puppet" who had given the people the opportunity to decide again

Not the "puppet" who took power in a coup, selected by a very small ( but very wealthy) group of people. A "puppet" whose primary task is to ensure that the people never have the opportunity to decide who governs them again.

The current puppet reminds me alot of george w bush jr. Both making braindead statement after braindead statement.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived