Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Bankruptcy warning for Sino-Thai high-speed rail project

Recommended Posts

Bankruptcy warning for Sino-Thai high-speed rail project

By PRATCH RUJIVANAROM
THE NATION

 

e73564e91b7d3f7a00cd24b61092dd2e.jpeg

 

Academics have cautioned that the Sino-Thai high-speed train project could end in bankruptcy and fail to develop sought-after technology in Thailand.

 

Chulalongkorn University on Thursday held an academic forum on the controversial Thai-Chinese partnership, with many academics saying they believed that the government had not completely considered all aspects of the mammoth project. 

 

Sompong Sirisoponsilp, former director of the Transportation Institute at Chulalongkorn University, said the government had not thoroughly considered the project, which will result in a total economic failure and a loss of other benefits that the government expected.

 

The high-speed train link between Bangkok and Nongkha is in the initial phase, and is supposed to connect with Chinese high-speed trains in Laos en route to mainland China. 

 

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) recently issued an order via Article 44 of the provisional charter to expedite the project by exempting it from many laws.

 

The project will be 100-per-cent funded by the Thai government and constructed by Chinese engineers and architects using Chinese technology.

 

Sompong said the government had neglected many important issues, such as connectivity to other transportation systems, the competitiveness of the project compared to buses or airplanes, the customer group and preparedness after the high-speed train links to China.

 

Nuannoi Trirat, an economist and director of the Institute of Asian Studies at Chulalongkorn University, said the current project in Nakhon Ratchasima was likely to end in bankruptcy as there were limited passengers and many transportation options.

 

“On the Bangkok to Nakhorn Ratchasima route, there are already three governmental projects: The high-speed train, the dual train tracks project and the new motorway,” Nuannoi said.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318843

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

high-speed-rail-need-challenges-key-issues-and-options-indian-perspective-27-638.jpg.aaae037d029d1269c36b3642a05d3207.jpg

 

And India has  1.3 billion people...................................

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahaha; the smart people say it wont work; military generals vs. smart people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bankruptcy!??  If it goes bankrupt that means Thailand goes bankrupt.

It is not possible since the glorious leader PM Prayut has assured everyone of it's unqualified success. Money is no object to the Thai government. Even with a 390 billion baht budget deficit.

Trainloads of money is going to be made from this HS rail. Thailand is much too smart for those Chinese suckers! They wouldn't have a clue if a train hit them.

So relax people PM Prayut has it all under control; just like just like he has those lewd groin thrusting dancers under control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chinese did not want to take any financial risk on this project. I guess they had good reasons to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) recently issued an order via Article 44 of the provisional charter to expedite the project by exempting it from many laws.

The rubber stamp comes face to face with reality.  The trough known as the NCPO looks to be aiding the fabrication of a white elephant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, candide said:

The Chinese did not want to take any financial risk on this project. I guess they had good reasons to do so.

The chinese do nothing but win on this project.

 

They have been given carte blanche to colonize thailand.

 

They can either break thailand, or buy thailand, and either way it will be theirs.

 

Id like to add that i grew up in a country with a railway built by Chinese, but they werent ready then and still made out remarkably well on the deal. 

 

This time they are in charge, they cannot fail.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

The chinese do nothing but win on this project.

 

They have been given carte blanche to colonize thailand.

 

They can either break thailand, or buy thailand, and either way it will be theirs.

 

Id like to add that i grew up in a country with a railway built by the chinese, but they werent ready then and still made out remarkably well on the deal. 

 

This time they are in charge, they cannot fail.

 

 

Might want to use google and find what Thai people originate from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bastos60 said:

Might want to use google and find what Thai people originate from. 

Sigh, then again i might not.

 

after all, thats why we have you.

 

If you have a point, make it. Ill not do the work for you.

 

But thanks for coming out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Bangkok to Nakhorn Ratchasima route, there are already three governmental projects: The high-speed train, the dual train tracks project and the new motorway,” Nuannoi said.

 

And there are already many flights between nakhorn and bangkok.

 

Who are the potential customers for the high speed train?

The rice farmers?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The project will be 100-per-cent funded by the Thai government and constructed by Chinese engineers and architects using Chinese technology.

So, Thai money? That will likely run out before we are finished, so yes, Bankruptcy is a definite possibility.

Chinese engineers and technology? I'm not getting on it then, even if it does ever become a reality.

No users equals bankruptcy a second time, so probably an accurate article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Sigh, then again i might not.

 

after all, thats why we have you.

 

If you have a point, make it. Ill not do the work for you.

 

But thanks for coming out

 

 

Kool-Aid good, learning bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all sounded such a good idea, but, someone has to pay and I cannot help but think that China might well be doing the job but they will send Thailand the bill and say "you did not understand".

 

How much debt does the region owe to China and ponder that for the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nong38 said:

It all sounded such a good idea, but, someone has to pay and I cannot help but think that China might well be doing the job but they will send Thailand the bill and say "you did not understand".

 

How much debt does the region owe to China and ponder that for the future?

 

It'll be quite enjoyable to see the great liars, cheats and thieves skinned like a rabbit by better lairs, cheats and thieves. Thais learned to lie, cheat and steal from the Chinese. Now they've gotten too big for their boots. They think the apprentice can lie to, cheat and steal from the Master.

 

Good luck, this is going to be great entertainment, watching Prayuth and his co-conspirators come a humungous cropper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...