Thais in rant-a-thon: Who needs a farang husband anyway? Besides all they like is the black ones

webfact

Thais in rant-a-thon: Who needs a farang husband anyway? Besides all they like is the black ones

mSQWlZdCq5b6ZLkmwrlfrbqbQJ0Fk5h1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- All the old stereotypes emerged online as Thais vented their disapproval of a woman in the news who said she had dated 5,000 foreigners.

Praiya Suriya had given advice and opinion on foreign men earlier in the week and was offering a course on how to snare a rich and good farang.

She called herself an expert in dating but Thais who commented online - especially women - just called her a dark skinned slapper who made Thai women look cheap and available for a price.

Hardly anyone had a good word to say for Praiya who Thai Rath referred

to as "Madam Praiya".

Others online on their Facebook page resorted to far more fruity Thai

language to condemn her.

Lucky Love called her Facebook page "Academy Hee" using one of the foulest taboo words in Thai for the female sexual organ.

Sirilak said: "You are shameful - that is what you are".

Rinrada poured scorn on Praiya's claim of 5,000 dates saying: "So you dated them but there was no sex? Or didn't they want you?"

Bovi Bovi struck a note for the independence of Thai womanhood saying: "You're disgusting. I have earned my own money - I don't need any rich husband. I can look after myself thank you very much".

Mena Panpom struck a more reasoned tone commenting: "Isn't it better to upgrade your skills and develop as a person so you can look after yourself rather than relying on a rich farang?"

Melvin Melvin writing in Thai just thought it was a big rip off by a woman on the make. Others said you had to not only pay money to Praiya but effectively sell your body to the foreigners as well.

Meanwhile, many used the occasion to drag up old stereotypes about all farangs just loving dark skinned Thais commenting that was why they might have found the dating guru attractive.

Vijitra Augsijitkul bucked the trend noting in response to many posts about skin color: "I have got a farang friend - he likes 'em slim and white. Thai women don't have to be black to be attractive to farangs".

Some even went down another well worn and tired route: "Careful they don't just take you to bed and give you AIDS".

Few posters took a light hearted approach in their condemnation of Praiya and their airing of old bigotries. But some saw the funny side such as Meow Kwanthong you said that she really ought to fit the "specifications" for many farang even though she was very white.

"But though I live abroad in their country they just don't want me," she lamented.

Sources: Thai Rath, Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-23

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nation that coined the phrase 'Gik ' is lamenting the sexual escaped

of an 'overly friendly' woman,

this is coming from a society that think this is very ok to have mia noy

and BF on the side, so living in a glass house and throwing stones?.....

1 hour ago, Jaggg88 said:

Lets drag Thailand even further into the gutter - worse than the twerking tart

I am surprised PM Prayut is not all over this issue simply to protect the country's high moral standards.

Perhaps there is not enough loin thrusting for him to be interested. 

I got through 11 seconds of video, curious what she was like. 

If she teaches any of the style shown in the video, I would not be interested. From the make up to movement to song to expression, I cannot think of a single thing besides looking for the escape button. 

Like a lot of things ... 

She has more than enough rope to hang herself. The ranting thais need not worry. However. This is a very marketable and very old idea. We used to translate and write letters for bar girls back in 91 92 ... when correspondence was the post. Fun for us and paid well. 

Then those guys came out with 

Hello My Big Big Honey!

And we were so upset he stole our idea. 

Nothing new here. Just an attempt by another ...

So a claimed,, 5,000, "dates"... I'll give her the benefit of doubt, and assume that only 1/2, ended with a, "finish",,,, soooo Ya,,, I'd for SURE wanna hook up with a woman that's been hammered on by approximately 2,500+ DIFFERENT guys,,, You could'nt go ANYWHERE, without some bloke offering her a knowing, "wink and a nod"..... Yup,,, sign me up,,,, 55555,,, I knew a Thai girl,, that I always felt somewhat sorry for, as she really was a, "good girl",, that simply through certain set of unfortunate circumstances,, did what she did on occasion,,, I truly believed her that she only did such maybe 5-6 times over a couple years.. Thai husband was a drunk, woman beater,, and she booted his ass,,, We remained decent friends,, Saw her about a year later,, out with a decent guy,, very nice, that HE started up a convo with me as we ended up sitting next to each other,,, He introduced her,, and I played dumb,, as if we'd never met,, Her face was sheer terror... Truly was a very nice guy,,, He went off to take a leak,, and she nearly cried telling me,, "Thank you SOOO much for not tell him you know me,, he's SO good to me",,, And I figured,, No harm, no foul.... was the least I could do for a friend.... 

I've been told that Bangkok and Pattaya isn't really indicative of Thailand? I applaud those women who say they can make it by themselves but sadly in general they aren't there yet not even close since the majority of the population is outside of these two area's.

Just a few years ago I read in the Bangkok Post, a interview with a Thai MP,  stating basically if you want to have a better life particularly in Isaan area, " Marry a Farang "  until Thai women start to clam up and expect or demand more from the male counterpart it will never change?

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I've been told that Bangkok and Pattaya isn't really indicative of Thailand? I applaud those women who say they can make it by themselves but sadly in general they aren't there yet not even close since the majority of the population is outside of these two area's.

Just a few years ago I read in the Bangkok Post, a interview with a Thai MP,  stating basically if you want to have a better life particularly in Isaan area, " Marry a Farang "  until Thai women start to clam up and expect or demand more from the male counterpart it will never change?

This is one of only a few places where an old farang can hook a girl 20+ years younger. He get's the illusion and she get's the security. Nothing wrong in that but that's how it is. No money no honey. 

1 hour ago, davethailand said:

Can't remember where I've seen her pics before?

Anyway, I'm not impressed.

:)

If 5,000 were true, a few of us may remember that face. Let me just put on the beer goggles and see if any memory returns.

My goodness me! Well I now know there are at least 5000 very desperate men out there or at the very least bi-curious. She is like the old washing detergent to ads. Very clever, so annoying you actually remembered them which was exactly what they wanted!

Well. As I know. The spirit of the female has changed a lot. Staying here for almost 20 years. 

I would say, an affair with a Thai wonan... Yes. But after two of them failing to be trustworthy and reliable to me.... A new serious relationship... Never again. 

I just saw some news that they are the most un-faithful girl on this planet.

Sorry to say. By now, I do believe it.

My first Thai girlfriend took another man home, when she was thunking, that I will come home the next day. But I came and saw them right in the bed.

My second one started an affair with a fake FB account guy from Afghanistan. So, I have just enough of them.

There are other nationalities.

She reminds me of those people who have the "become a millionaire in real estate" seminars where they explain how to do it. So of course, we might ask "where are your millions? Why are you doing this?"

She looks like a trophy wife type, however the sort of trophy that is passed on from one "winner" to the next. Bit of tarnish

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The nation that coined the phrase 'Gik ' is lamenting the sexual escaped

of an 'overly friendly' woman,

this is coming from a society that think this is very ok to have mia noy

and BF on the side, so living in a glass house and throwing stones?.....

I live w my Thai wife in rural N Thailand where this is not OK at all ... there are segments of the society trying to hold on to traditional morals.  I find these people of very sound of salt-of-the-earth character.  Our closest friends are all in traditional monogamous marriages who have done well for themselves on the local economy via hard work and no nonsense. 

That is not only a racist remark but stupid also.

Although I am now separated  from my Thai girlfriend I can assure you for nearly 30  years we were together.

And I am a white guy from a dairy farm background in the U.S.

In case anyone wonders, not that I have to explain, we separated when we both reached our 65th year, when  we both wanted to go our own ways after close to 30 years together.

No other comments  needed.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Some expert, played around with 5,000 farang men and couldn't even land one for herself

at 10k per month donation by each i rekon she has the system sussed out nicely.

Archived