BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

"Jumping jacks" cop says no fines for helmet-less kids because "it will cause hardship to their parents"

you know what is even more ridiculous, I will bet money that after this stupid stunt they were allowed to continue their journey to school without helmets

But the whole idea of a fine is to cause hardship. Otherwise it's not a punishment and/or a deterrent. It ain't rocket science! In fact, this stupid copper's actions could have the complete reverse effect and result in more kids riding without helmets because, if caught, they just have to jump up and down a few times. Mental. 

Despite having lived in the realm for over two decades my mind boggles each time I read such stuff :wacko:

Unbelievable.....so having your child killed or

crippled for life with a head injury wouldn't 

be a burden on the family....Stupid is a step up!

Enforce the LAWS. Don't make up your own!!

what about the expense of having their child brain damaged or worse? the hospital will be paid!

his cop should lose his job.  He is no hero, and these kids never learned a thing about the

dangers of not having and using helmets. Wonder how many will live to be adults?

Geezer

I think a lot more hardshipo will be suffered when the kid's brains are spread all over the road.

Cost Of Helmet  300B

Cost of Funeral Or Hospital Care ?????

Cost of Brain Damage for rest of Life  ????

Can not afford fine but can afford Motor Bike  Priceless :stoner:

Really it is the perfect example of the Thai mindset. When not being entirely selfish, do an apparently good deed to make yourself feel good without any thought whatsoever to the more important facts. They are still looking at the shadows in the cave and entirely miss the big picture.

It would be cute except this mostly affects the adults which just makes it rather stupid.

But if siht(anagram) happens then that is the will of Buddha. No amount of helmets will protect you.

I may not agree with his thinking but I do understand it. There has to be a better way of punishment than a monetary fine. Perhaps taking the motorcycle off them for a week (increasing weeks for repeat offenders)? And/or many many hours of community work? Perhaps the state could find some way of subsidising cost of helmets to make them affordable to the lower paid citizens? If this could be an answer and they didn't wear them, then a draconian punishment should be expected.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

do roadside exercises rather

Yes, it protects very well when have accident.

23 minutes ago, sinbin said:

But if siht(anagram) happens then that is the will of Buddha. No amount of helmets will protect you.

You're a fatalist? :sad: :whistling:

wow. no fine. that means where ever they go they will think it is ok to break the law. and the parents don't give a sheet.  if you are going to hold up the laws for you must do it for all.