Patong - The Wake

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been in Phuket prison on remand for a traffic accident in which 2 local underaged kids died on a motorbike who crash into me. 19 months waiting in prison for my day in court. 300,000 bail bond

I'm sure you mean well by your post LaoPo, so I will take it as constructive, however there are some things which seem to pass by your understanding.   I am also sure there are many other ex

Thank you for your kind words Patong2 and I was sorry to see the thread closed, however it became necessary not just because of a vindictive poster taking aim at me, but because it had gotten a little

Posted Images

I went to Patong early evening. The beach was reasonably busy with Thais just after sunset, probably due to the food street currently in place at the back of the beach as that got busier as people left the beach.

The food street wasn't exactly packed but it had quite a few people there. A lot of the stalls have signed up for the Government 50/50 payment scheme, so many Thais were using their phones to pay. I assume it will remain for the Bike Week.

But Rat-U-Thit remains depressingly dark and dead.

9 hours ago, Patong2 said:

Xylophone, that report certainly sounds a bit more positive.

Some things are starting to try to come back

Yes P2 some folks are trying to make a go of it, and good on them for doing so, and Salute restaurant is supposedly opening next week, so that's another bonus........now all we want is more free spending farangs!

• Like 1

Being optimistic is fine BUT reality check please

With the country still closed, except for a chosen few with deep pockets

i dont see anything positive .  Local domestic tourism wont help phuket much.

i foresee more closures across the west coast as places open, but find they cant cover costs so close back up.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Being optimistic is fine BUT reality check please

With the country still closed, except for a chosen few with deep pockets

i dont see anything positive .  Local domestic tourism wont help phuket much.

i foresee more closures across the west coast as places open, but find they cant cover costs so close back up.

Yes, I do fear that is going to happen and following on from my "optimistic" post I have noticed some more small businesses, like massage parlours, opening up again, but have also seen other shops closing at the same time, so maybe a type of status quo is happening?

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, schlog said:

Run to the hills. Run for your life.... the cruisers are coming.

Today in the morning what surprise.

7 tender boats and parts of 1 floating pier.

Do they know more or is it only a habit to bring it in november to patong???

20201115_072534.jpg

Read somewhere yesterday visa,s were being issued to passengers on cruise ships and yachts to visit Pattaya and Phuket.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Read somewhere yesterday visa,s were being issued to passengers on cruise ships and yachts to visit Pattaya and Phuket.

Yes, that was for yachts, but they have to moor in Phuket waters for 14 days and quarantine onboard, some coast guard or navy will check and keep an eye on them that they don't leave, then after a negative test they can disembark..., I don't think cruise ships can do something like that...!!!? 

• 3 weeks later...