Patong - The Wake

Patong2

12 hours ago, London Lowf said:

You do seem to spend a lot of time in that place ???? I think that Red Hot is just a cover!

On average about one or two visits per month, and then only because a friend knows a couple of the girls who work there.......on that note, this friend of mine was exclaiming after our last visit as to how amazed he was that a very "innocent" and new-to-Patong girl he met a couple of months ago, and in his words, "who wouldn't say boo to a goose", was now performing these lewd oral acts on stage!!!!! It's all about the money I suppose, but who am I to judge as some of these girls have to earn a living somehow to support their families.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 1:59 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe they can destroy patong beach simular like they did in Pattaya?no trees, more lanes for traffic,less space for walking and more parking slots for tuktuks.

I am shocked to hear myself say, I think Pattaya is now better than Patong.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Slight aside. Lotus's in Kata also cleaned out .... gone. I guess SuperCheaps won that battle. Kata Karon packed  with visitors. Our long stay home rental business full both Patong and Kata. What a turn around.  

WoW. Just notice Lotus's on Nanai Road stripped out,

Edit .... already reported ...Doh

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

And before I leave this post...........the bloody traffic in Patong is dreadful; bring on the low season!!!!!!

I've gone home to the UK for Xmas and NYE and am glad that I have - back soon though!

Do the Indians haggle over everything? They even seem to make a meal of it at the ForEx kiosks.

15 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I've gone home to the UK for Xmas and NYE and am glad that I have - back soon though!

Do the Indians haggle over everything? They even seem to make a meal of it at the ForEx kiosks.

Seems they do LL, as well as sharing a bottle of beer (and I have seen that on a few occasions, this for the non-believers) and I actually witnessed three of them going off with a particularly fat and ugly lady boy when all else had failed!! 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

Whilst we are on this subject LiK, I noticed that another couple of shops in Nanai Road have closed, whilst a tiny coffee shop/cafe just at the end of my drive which opened about six months ago, is now for sale. Not surprising really because the place was hardly big enough to accommodate six people let alone have enough space to be able to prepare food.

Similarly the one right next to it has just changed hands from a "bar" to something which suggests a tiny restaurant with souvlaki being one of the main dishes – – good luck to that in a place where there is no foot traffic whatsoever.

I also see that the restaurant/coffee shop which was previously called 555, and is almost opposite Soi Banzaan, which had closed some time ago, now appears to be in new hands and shortly to open up again as..........?? 

I went out last night to bid farewell to a friend here who was heading home today, and he suggested eating at the Italian restaurant in Soi Patong resort, called "Anema E Core", and it was right next door to where my favourite Italian restaurant was situated, namely "Salute" (which has now moved to Phuket town), and the food was great, and not expensive and it's no surprise that every seat in the outdoor dining area was taken.

My friend was telling me about an incident that happened in a small massage shop in Banzaan, which I recommended to him, whereby a scruffy looking Indian guy wanted to get a foot massage/pedicure and the staff refused, not only because he looked scruffy/dirty, but because he offered to pay 100 baht for the service, so he left the shop, only to come back a few minutes later and asked for a manicure for the same price, and he was refused again.

Strangely enough they have had similar incidents over the past few months, and lo and behold, whilst we were dining at the Italian restaurant, two Indian guys tried to get into the massage shop right next to the restaurant, and they were in lengthy discussions with the attractive young woman owner, and she kept shaking her head and they kept trying, and eventually after trying for at least five minutes to negotiate "whatever", they left.

I've never been a great fan of Indians, owing to the experiences I've had with them over the years, and the experiences I've heard from various folk I know here who run businesses, and just to add another grievance to these experiences – – they seem to have taken over from the Chinese with regards to walking three abreast on very narrow roads, such as Nanai Road, which makes it very difficult for traffic to pass, and I swear that sometime in the very near future someone will plough into them as a way of saying, "get out of the way". In fact I did clip one with my wing mirror not too long ago, but they still continued walking three abreast, in their ignorance.

Bangla was busy last night and after eating, my friend and I parted ways and I went to Smiley bar in Soi Freedom, and that Soi was fairly barren until late on when quite a few people gathered at the far end of the Soi to watch the lady boy show. Not "my cup of tea", so I stayed and had a few drinks with a friend at Smiley Bar and decided to go home from there, passing up my usual singing stint at Red Hot, and as I went by I noticed that the usual band which plays until about 11 PM, was still playing at 11:20 PM, so definitely wasn't in the mood for getting up to do a few numbers.

And before I leave this post...........the bloody traffic in Patong is dreadful; bring on the low season!!!!!!

Reading your posts I recall my early adventures when I used to stay at a mansion in Soi Veerakit near Baanzan for extended periods in the early 2000's.  

Your posts bring back fond memories!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Indians not only share a bottle of beer, many ladies report they try to "share" the ladies as well Plus ask for a discount  LOL

A guy in a bar told this ??

Seriously, repeating this tired old rubbish just makes you look stupid. 90% of Indians, you dont even see, they stay in resorts, dine in expensive restaurants, hire private transport. You wont be crossing paths with them in soi sexpat nursing a happy hour beer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is quite amusing walking down to the beach through Bangla Rd at 5am and often there are 2, 3 or 4

Indians bargaining with girls and ladyboys for whatever.

Often the discussions are heated and yesterday a lovely Thai girl had clearly lost her temper and was shouting "F.... Y...." at the top of her voice in Soi Sansabai in some dispute with an apparent Indian.

• Like 1

I stayed at the Sea Dragon for a while in 84/85/86 Patong was growing...pretty cool when Sean Penn got punched out...Bangla boys tuned him up...delayed filming for a few days...the nude beach before it became the Meridian....King's Cups are the best

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

So it brought to mind some of the girls I had known here who had moved on to other countries

But how many have been disappointed with The West and/or the man and returned to Thailand? I have met quite a few.

Anyway, as always, good to read an update from you - keep an eye out for me in about ten days!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Well LL, here's a bit of an update, but this one is about restaurants in which i have eaten, although there is an element about wine that I was going to put in it, but I will post that in the "red wine in Patong" thread.

Whilst I went to look around a lovely upmarket wine shop just off the beach road, I noticed in the same pedestrian walkway that they were six restaurants, and I had eaten at one called "West" (a Norwegian restaurant) and the food was good, and also at the end of that road is a "Karlssons" which has a great reputation for steaks, amongst other things, and I got to thinking about the restaurants I've eaten at here which folks may or may not know about so I thought I'd post about a few of them.

I mentioned the Italian restaurant called "Anema E Core" (off Bangla Road) in the previous post and the food was very good, and of course one of my favourites is the Blue Beach Café and Restaurant, not only because the food is good, with a varied menu, but the setting is fantastic, actually right on the beach.

I've also mentioned "Da Moreno" in Nanai Road and I believe the pizzas are some of the best to be found anywhere. And to add to that there are a couple of other Italian restaurants, the names of which I cannot recall right now. Also I have eaten at "Lamai" and "Savoey" along the beach road and one particularly good restaurant is called "Sea Salt" (which is part of the Diamond Cliff hotel) and I know the executive chef and you are sure to get the highest quality food and preparation with this particular gentleman in charge.

Skipping around a little here and the "9th Floor" has to get a mention because everything about it reeks class, although it's not in a particularly salubrious area, and it was a shame that the restaurant "Higher" was destroyed by fire because I thought that was a very good restaurant indeed.

I have eaten takeaways from the "Kohinoor Indian Restaurant" and thought they were good, and I notice it has just opened up again so I'll have to visit shortly.

There are a few more around the place which I've eaten at, but I must give the "Yorkshire Inn" a mention because it was a place where you were assured of getting good quality, well-prepared typically English food, and the beef and ale pie with accompaniments was a delight and was often sought after for the "comfort food" effect.

I have eaten at a few Thai restaurants, but I wouldn't put any of them in the same class as the restaurants I've mentioned above.

Quite a selection here to choose from for the expats, and even though @Adumbration has labelled Patong a cesspit in one of his posts, I have yet to encounter a town fitting that description, which has such a nice selection of restaurants!!! 

Can you please provide a rating for each of the restaurants in your post based on how noticeable the smell of sewerage is while dining.

4 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Can you please provide a rating for each of the restaurants in your post based on how noticeable the smell of sewerage is while dining.

Post deleted - thought you were someone else.

Edited by London Lowf