Patong - The Wake

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been in Phuket prison on remand for a traffic accident in which 2 local underaged kids died on a motorbike who crash into me. 19 months waiting in prison for my day in court. 300,000 bail bond

I'm sure you mean well by your post LaoPo, so I will take it as constructive, however there are some things which seem to pass by your understanding.   I am also sure there are many other ex

Thank you for your kind words Patong2 and I was sorry to see the thread closed, however it became necessary not just because of a vindictive poster taking aim at me, but because it had gotten a little

Posted Images

Yeah but the Thais have the least empathy in the world. Amulet reliance is laughable, and they have short term memories. The guys who scrape up the mangled roadkill all deserve medals.

• Like 1

I thought I'd post on here because the wine I have found is in Phuket, however it's difficult to know which wine thread to post on because there are so many of them and a few of them I just cannot find in the search option, however Linda has helped out, so here goes with this post.

Anyway went to the Villa Market store in Chalong and noticed a red wine from Chile which was on special at 409 baht; it was called Brisa Cabernet Sauvignon and it was the 2018 vintage which appears to be one of the better vintages of late.

I would have bought a bottle to try, but unfortunately I was there in the period when wine cannot be sold.

So if anyone is looking for what would appear to be a decent bottle of red wine, this might be worth trying........and of course reporting back on how it was!

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, xylophone said:

I thought I'd post on here because the wine I have found is in Phuket, however it's difficult to know which wine thread to post on because there are so many of them and a few of them I just cannot find in the search option, however Linda has helped out, so here goes with this post.

Anyway went to the Villa Market store in Chalong and noticed a red wine from Chile which was on special at 409 baht; it was called Brisa Cabernet Sauvignon and it was the 2018 vintage which appears to be one of the better vintages of late.

I would have bought a bottle to try, but unfortunately I was there in the period when wine cannot be sold.

So if anyone is looking for what would appear to be a decent bottle of red wine, this might be worth trying........and of course reporting back on how it was!

I have yet to find anything I need using the search facility since TV changed servers.

I'll give that wine a try as the Lindemans I bought a couple of weeks ago is still out of stock.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I have yet to find anything I need using the search facility since TV changed servers.

I'll give that wine a try as the Lindemans I bought a couple of weeks ago is still out of stock.

Feedback please MM!

Homemade bangers and mash went down a treat with my wife tonight @ La Drinkeria... mash was as good as mine she exclaimed !!

I won’t be taking her back !! [emoji48]🤣🤣

About to go for a walk down Bangla way, have been amazed at how quiet Patong has been today, a bar lady on Nani Rd told us Songkran had been quiet, maybe farang don’t dislike Songkran as much as the Thaivisa crew and they’re all up at Pattaya ?

Ps We were one of three couples to dine here tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

The Burger joint on Nani I noticed when I was here in November, but as you note, it seemed closed (at least whenever I happened past) pity, as I had been craving a burger.

Friends of mine finally took over a large Patong hotel recentlyI, hope it works for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Patong2 said:

Thought we would try "La Drinkeria" for latish lunch today at 2pm

Sign on door said 2pm to ......

Blackboard inside said "Open 4pm"

The blackboard was right.

Had to settle for a delicious lunch at "Backside Bistro" a few yards further on and around the corner.

Never had a bad meal here and it is very well priced for Patong.

Its certainly a hot day today 35C in the shade on our balcony and 56% humidity

but better than being cold.

I have just come back to my apartment and when I passed by La Drinkeria it had a big sign outside saying that there was "an open bar for three hours at a cost of 500 baht, all you can drink".

If my calculations are correct that would mean about six normal beers or five shorts as per usual bar prices, so the drinkers amongst us might consider it worthwhile, but not my cup of tea, as the saying goes.

Yes, Patong2, I have heard good reports about the Backside Bistro and it seems to be doing fairly well, and I only hope it succeeds.

I did mention in another post that I would go and have a look at the new Central again, so I did, problem being that on the way there I decided to spend some money which is what I normally do when I'm bored, so 4 new shirts later I ambled into the Central food court and although the surrounds weren't busy, the little dining areas in amongst the fayre on offer were very crowded, almost full in fact, although that doesn't say a lot because I don't think you could pack many people in there even if you tried!

As I mentioned sometime before, the food looked very good indeed and was not expensive IMO, so I must get down there and try it, however I did hear people commenting on the fact that it was very good when I passed by their tables.

The other restaurants in the place were all but empty!

• Like 1