BANGKOK
Patong2

Patong - The Wake

A quick addition to a previous post..............

It looks as though La Drinkeria may have finally bitten the dust as it has been closed again I saw a large A4 size notice stuck on its window; the type that gets stuck on the windows of stores that don't pay their bills, for example, and it had an official stamp on it?

If it has closed, it wouldn't be a surprise to those of us who have lived here a while and who have knowledge of the comings and goings of small businesses here.

In my previous post I did mention that Green Mango looked to be open again, but maybe I was mistaken and that the current owner/landlord opened the place up for a good clean out, because it seems shuttered again today?

Still not too much going on in Jungceylon, and the "This is Siam" basement part of the place is pitifully bereft of tourist activity and I felt sorry for the benches full of massage ladies sitting outside of their respective parlours, waiting for a tourist to happen by.

Had to go past the food court to get to these and at 1:15 PM, there was no more than five people in the whole food court, when at one time it would be pretty well full.

And is this a sign of the times...............the large Coffee Club coffee shop/restaurant at the front of Jungceylon, facing Rat-u-Thit road, has stopped buying the Bangkok Post for the customers, and when I enquired about this, I was told that they had stopped buying them for all of their restaurants here??

I sincerely hope this isn't true because it was one of the draw-cards to be able to sit there and read the paper whilst enjoying the view as well as a few tasty morsels from the menu.

It looks like the bar area at the front of the Bella Cose guesthouse is almost finished and what I didn't realise was that this had been tried before in the past and failed – – that is leasing the bar area only, so it will be interesting to see how this one goes.

• Like 2

The Green Mango is opposite Da Moreno?

I've enjoyed Da Moreno's pizzas for the last five years before they went down the pan this visit, and never saw more than one punter in Green Mango - invariably sniffing around the rather attractive bargirl.

10 hours ago, London Lowf said:

The Green Mango is opposite Da Moreno?

I've enjoyed Da Moreno's pizzas for the last five years before they went down the pan this visit, and never saw more than one punter in Green Mango - invariably sniffing around the rather attractive bargirl.

Da Moreno is still open, so do you mean that the quality has gone downhill?? Haven't had one for a while so hope that was just "blip" as ALMOST got one last night!!

By down the pan, I meant the quality!

One of the culinary highlights of my visits to Phuket was their rather pricey "Universalle" pizza but I had one in the beginning December and the toppings were very sparse. The cheese was virtually undetectable - I expect it to be "stringy" as you eat into it straight out of the oven, but not even close. Annoying as, even after a nine-month absense, I am recognised there.

I went back a week or so later in case it was just a "blip", but just the same so I won't be returning.

Same owner/manager, so I guess they are cost-cutting? Maybe you'll be luckier?

• Like 1