Video: Passenger kicked off Thai Smile flight for saying “bomb”

rooster59

Video: Passenger kicked off Thai Smile flight for saying “bomb”

3e9858d9-58ab-4325-9d8d-50352778f431.jpg

A Thai woman was thrown off a Thai Smile plane after cabin crew heard her say the word “bomb”.

The flight, number WE137, was moments from taking off at Chiang Rai airport on Friday evening when the woman was overheard saying “bomb” by one of the flight attendants who reported it to the captain who in turn contacted the police.

A video of the incident was shared on the Kapook Facebook page.

The incident meant the flight, which was destined for Suvarnabhumi, took off 35 minutes later than scheduled.

Kapook reported the woman was travelling with her foreign husband.

Kapook also said that the woman and her foreign husband had earlier become annoyed when cabin crew asked to see their boarding passes.

There was no information on if the woman was charged over the incident.

Source: Kapook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-24

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Kapook reported the woman was travelling with her foreign husband.

Kapook also said that the woman and her foreign husband had earlier become annoyed when cabin crew asked to see their boarding passes.

So is the word ''foreign'' being used before husband to imply that somehow this foreigner has caused her to act in such a manner. 

Pesky foreigners. 

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So is the word ''foreign'' being used before husband to imply that somehow this foreigner has caused her to act in such a manner. 

Pesky foreigners. 

No. What it implies is that some country pumpkin snagged a foreigner and then think her social status climbed up quite a few rungs...

What the story doesn't tell us and that the video doesn't show, is the context of how the word was used.

There is a big difference to the word being overheard in conversation, as in "When I fly I am always scared of a bomb.", and jumping to your feet and screaming "BOMB!"

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

What the story doesn't tell us and that the video doesn't show, is the context of how the word was used.

There is a big difference to the word being overheard in conversation, as in "When I fly I am always scared of a bomb.", and jumping to your feet and screaming "BOMB!"

Or perhaps her husband asked her how the birthday party she attended the previous evening turned out, to which she replied, "Oh, it was the bomb!" 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I think it would be pretty naive by now not to realise that at least it's implied that certain words such as this should not be spoken in any context on board an aircraft.

There have been similar incidents in the U.S. in the past.

The most notable one was some years ago during a spate of hijacking of U.S. plane flights to Cuba.

A famous celebrity in U.S. sports, whose name I won't reveal,  asked a flight attendant if she had any good cigars for sale.

Her answer was No.

Then the passenger jokingly said, "Well that's O.K. , maybe I will just pick some good cigars in Havana  while we are there'.

As a plane had been hijacked to Cuba less than a week earlier, the security on the  plane was not amused by hat comment, and the flight was delayed until all the passengers were searched and cleared.

That is a true story.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Easy. When you fly, don't talk about bombs, ISIS and all that shit. Easy as that. And if you have a tourrete syndrome, please get a medical certification and let the cabin crew know it.

9 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Easy. When you fly, don't talk about bombs, ISIS and all that shit. Easy as that. And if you have a tourrete syndrome, please get a medical certification and let the cabin crew know it.

Yes you are right,nobody says hello to me anymore at the airport or on a plane,

Hi Jack!Would also raise some flags.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Why would anyone get annoyed by that?

I have actually witnessed a few people, mainly Asians, getting annoyed at having to present their boarding pass. 

4 hours ago, Mrjlh said:

Did you notice they took 4 bags out of overhead.  Gee, aren't you supposed to be limited to only  "one carry on" per passenger?

You must be immersed in a book when waiting to take off. I've yet to see any passenger stopped for bringing too much hand luggage on board, and plenty of them do, way too much, way over the limit. Then they blithely take up space in other bins, leading some passengers to store their own bags far away from where they are sat.

9 minutes ago, djayz said:

I have actually witnessed a few people, mainly Asians, getting annoyed at having to present their boarding pass. 

It might have something to do with the fact that they've already shown it at least five times, including at the entrance to the cabin.

7 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

It might have something to do with the fact that they've already shown it at least five times, including at the entrance to the cabin.

No excuse not to show it with good grace when asked though. 

I don't know why this news is different from Thai smile statement.

In the statement, they mentioned that the foreign husband said "I'm not terrorist" when FA asked to see his boarding pass and "I'm terrorist, this (their carry-on baggage) is bomb" when FA offer to stored their luggage into the overhead bin. The Thai wife didn't say anything.

Sent from my F8332 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, wanderluster said:

what the video does show is how tightly spaced the seating is on thai smile.  I know at 184 tall i can not fit in the seats and be able to have my knees in front of me without being half way up the seat in front.

Pay that couple hundred baht more for seats with extra legroom...

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

It isnt , No .

Its just a descriptive term to add some info to the story

Did they use the word "Husband " to imply that somehow Males caused her to acft that way ?

Archived