Video: Passenger kicked off Thai Smile flight for saying “bomb”

rooster59

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, midas said:
17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What the story doesn't tell us and that the video doesn't show, is the context of how the word was used.

There is a big difference to the word being overheard in conversation, as in "When I fly I am always scared of a bomb.", and jumping to your feet and screaming "BOMB!"

I think it would be pretty naive by now not to realise that at least it's implied that certain words such as this should not be spoken in any context on board an aircraft.

And your next suggestion would be that we should not even think certain words in that context ?

It spooks me when I see this world becoming more and more like Orwell's 1984, Huxley's Brave New World or Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 ...

All totalitarian regimes are produced and fed by a base of enthusiastic supporters who buy the main argument : "this policy, all these restrictions of your basic freedoms, our intrusions into your private lives and ultimately into your thoughts are all done for your own good, to protect your safety and ultimately guarantee your happiness".

Well, sorry, but this kind of happiness is not the one I'm aspiring to.

And your next suggestion would be that we should not even think certain words in that context ?

It spooks me when I see this world becoming more and more like Orwell's 1984, Huxley's Brave New World or Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 ...

All totalitarian regimes are produced and fed by a base of enthusiastic supporters who buy the main argument : "this policy, all these restrictions of your basic freedoms, our intrusions into your private lives and ultimately into your thoughts are all done for your own good, to protect your safety and ultimately guarantee your happiness".

You're pinning the tail on the wrong donkey. We get the govts we vote for, and what everybody's voting for these days is safety from the excesses of a certain religion ... It's that religion - really more of a personality cult - that's the problem. We will continue to forfeit more & more of our freedoms until that cult is effectively contained and dealt with.

In the meantime, the danger to travelers IS a reality. To ignore the burdens that imposes on ALL of us is to play with fire. Play with fire, expect to get burned.

3 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Whatever are you on about?:blink:

It's your problem if you can't understand the difference of expressing freedom of expression on the ground compared to freedom of expression when confined within a metal tube at 36,000 feet.

15 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

If we can not say the word "bomb" at an airport or inside an aircraft, the terrorists have won! Its that simple. That is exactly what they want.

Well just try using it next time you are on a plane and let us know how that worked out for you.

If we all stop using airtravel then they have won!!Not before that.

15 hours ago, sanemax said:

I ve never heard of a terror group making those demands before .

Is there a "Freedom to say bomb at an airport Liberation" group ?

Get back to your history books, the Baader Meinhof group's goal was to turn Germany back into a fascist stage. Isn't this in progress right now in US and Europe.

On 6/24/2017 at 0:54 PM, darksidedog said:

What the story doesn't tell us and that the video doesn't show, is the context of how the word was used.

There is a big difference to the word being overheard in conversation, as in "When I fly I am always scared of a bomb.", and jumping to your feet and screaming "BOMB!"

These days it's best to "never" say that word anywhere near an airport or plane.

Thai Smile losing face here badly IMO, absolutely disgusting seeing the immaturity of the stewardess smiling and giggling throughout the situation.

A customer and her falang husband removed from the flight because she decided to show her superiority, well I would really love to see how far this gets escalated.

Obviously a tit for tat situation with this bimbo stewardess going overboard and delaying the plane for 35 minutes, bomb on the flight, just goes to show she couldn't lose face at the expense of those on the plane and those waiting for the passengers to arrive, from family to hotel drivers, absolute idiot IMO.  

As for the boarding pass, it would have been seen when entering screening, and boarding the plane, why the need to see it again, as for how many bags she had is irrelevant, it had nothing to do with the situation.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:49 PM, trogers said:

No. What it implies is that some country pumpkin snagged a foreigner and then think her social status climbed up quite a few rungs...

Yes, sometimes that happen when they are with foreigner they felt they had achieve something in their social life .Even the "Katoay" do that, you could see they try to behave in an elegant manner, like circus freaks.

I once had a katoay colleague and I really felt like sticking a broomstick up the behind if I may say so. 

8 hours ago, madusa said:

Yes, sometimes that happen when they are with foreigner they felt they had achieve something in their social life .Even the "Katoay" do that, you could see they try to behave in an elegant manner, like circus freaks.

I once had a katoay colleague and I really felt like sticking a broomstick up the behind if I may say so. 

Grace and elegance come from upbringing, and not imitation. A plate of somtum and sticky rice reveals all.

Some things you just do not say  on  a plane or near security at an airport, unless of course

you  are an idiot and want trouble.  Hi  Jack,  Bomb, I've  got  a  gun.  or pretend to be a raving lunatic.

These people should have known better.

Geezer

• 2 weeks later...

If the airline was serious, they would have disembarked everyone and done a proper search of the aircraft. All that's happened is two people that are suspected of possibly blowing up an airplane (somehow), will now not be on the flight. Did they offload checked in bags?

Archived