Wondering why my kids get more stupid by going to school

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/06/2017 at 11:45 AM, Wiggy said:

I think it's because the government don't want people to be educated. Keep them from thinking, keep them in the dark, don't teach critical thinking skills. Then you have a population that's easy to control and manipulate for your own gain. (Thai) Buddhism doesn't help either. 

Thai Buddhism is part of the plan.

"Religion is the opium of the people". Thailand has everything right when it comes to keeping the masses docile:

- A state religion

- A pathetic education system

- A military government

Our granddaughter's school teaches Chinese. Around year three I heard them chanting something in Chinese and asked them what it was about, nobody had understood a word.

I don't think that this kind of thing is deliberate policy, it's just the way it has been  ever since the temple schools taught by rote.  Home schooling is often criticised (by school teachers) but you can maintain a kid's interest and curiosity at home.

On 6/25/2017 at 1:48 PM, jippytum said:

The majority of Thai teachers are very poor at their jobs and the popular method is by rote .Your personal home tuition is essential to make up the shortcomings of a Thailand school education for your children.

ABSOLUTELY! My wife is a teacher and I also teach here. I am fully aware of what its like here in schools. We do extra at home for my son and he can now read English well and his spoken English is basically fluent. I teach him about the world also and histoy etc. There is so much information available online now that there really is no excuse. As far as Primary level goes (my son is Prathom 3) I want him to get a good grasp on the basics. I want him be be able to read and comprehend both Thai and English well and count his money without having to use a calculator. As far as other subjuects go I fill in a lot of gaps. Matthayom level is a whole new ballgame....

Archived