First date with a Thai Girl in Udon Thani

dettol2288

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

If you are chatting on apps to get a date, then you are already a loser! There are thousands of lovely Thai girls all over Thailand, who will chat with you in real life and not on a App!

Could not agree more.

Even at 70  I am constantly asked in shops "are you married?" and the next question is always "have you an ATM card?"

Now is it my looks my charisma or what?

In some ways, his inexperience with sex might not be so noticeable if he were with a virgin, as she would not be any the wiser and would not notice his short-comings (yep, no pun).

However, he ought to be aware that it is illegal to have sex with a virgin in Thailand, due to the paedophile laws here.    :sleep:

Get hand on the book "Thailand Fever" by Chris Pirazzi and Vitada Vasant – you can find it in most Thai book stores selling English language book – see more at www.thailandfever.com. That book will answer your questions, and much more, and prevent you from a lot of mistakes.

Wish you good luck...:smile:

Don't rush to hold hands.You often see foreigners  holding  hands with their Thai girlfriends .Check and see if you ever see a Thai couple holding hands ...Never...as public signs of affection are a no no with educated Thais

That might be the case in Udon but here in the capital it's common to see Thai couples holding hands, especially uni students.

Hmm, my first date in Udon Thani was to a girl from the internet ....... Conversation was not easy as her english was not wonderful (but at least could string a sentence together, more an accent issue) .... she brought a friend, we had lunch, and then she asked me if i wanted her to stay the night ....unfortunately her friend was not included in the deal. And she asked for money, I dated 4 other girls but each experience was very different, although 2 were chaperoned dates..

• First date, don't even think of getting sensual, holding hands, arms around shoulders etc etc etc unless she initiates........is she does all bets are off.
  • Don't be surprised if she brings a friend with her, or even a family member or three or four
  • If she chooses a real expensive restaraunt, she could be testing you - ensure you  make it clear you want traditional Thai Isaan Food - there are some very good outside restaraunts on the River, they are not expensive but the ones in the Mall are.  Beware I find Isaan food is much spicier than the Southern areas, almost painful and I eat Hot Food.
  • Don't ask personal questions the first night, especially if she brought a friend or family member, save that for lunch on the river on 2d date alone.
  • Let her ask the questions, when you see an opening, then ask about children, husbands, ex-boyfriends...........Note to self:  Danger Danger Danger   especially if she just broke up, or has a kid or two and a wayward husband.   If she trashes her ex's incessantly, Thank her, finish the date and fly to Bangkok.
  • I have been associated with Thailand over 45 years, have had both bar girls and "nice girls from good family, (almost got me killed in 1986 dating a nice Chinese Thai )
  • Good Luck, you're gonna need it.

Take her for a meal. Tell her u dont know Udon and ask her where she would like to eat. I know a restaurant named 'Mayaa' which I think would be nice for a first date and has a good reputation with Thais. You could suggest it or maybe she would prefer somewhere else like Udi Town; the open air night market which I really like, with lots of people. Give her the choice. She might know some really trendy restaurants. Showing affection and touching in public is not part of Thai culture and holding hands will only make her feel uncomfortable. After eating and chatting, if its going OK, perhaps put your hand on hers on the table for a few seconds to show affection. If she's alone, at the end of the date invite her back to your hotel room. If she accepts then u can try what u want and she will set the limits if any. Snogging is also not part of Thai culture so dont prolong the kisses too much as we do in the west as she'll think u r trying to suffocate her.......Good Luck.

I met a some girls on dating website before I fly to Bangkok for first time. One of the girls picked me up at airport and took me to my hotel. We had an inexpensive dinner at the hotel restaurant and then she welcomed me to Thailand by staying over night at my room. She was a nurse. We are still good friends. I was really surprised at the time and I met some more nice ladies nights after. 

After 10 years I still think nothing has changed for me. I still can date ladies with not too much affords. 

Just don't get fooled by those smarties who want to have expensive 1st night by your poket and leave you alone at the end of the night. It happened to me 2 twice, but I learned how to figure this out before it happens. 

Never try to impress anyone on the first date by taking her to an expensive restaurants. And dump her at the spot if she insisting to go to particular restaurant that sounds expensive. 

12 hours ago, tonray said:

I have never experienced a girl showing up with someone else. I know it is one of those myths of dating in Thailand you see everywhere  on the net but certainly here in Bangkok, never seen it.

Likewise.

I had a girl , on like the fourth day,  I think asked if she could bring a friend to go to a temple.   What pissed me off was lunchtime at a nice Riverside seafood restaurant where this overweight friend ordered tons of food.  It wasn't so much the cost as the fact that I'm really a stickler in not wasting food and during lunch this man and his son walked along the trail beside the river looking like they were trying to catch fish or frogs or something. And they saw something in the ditch near the restaurant side of the trail and looked around to make sure no restaurant staff were looking before they jumped into the ditch to catch something smaller than half of one of the many dishes that remained on our table uneaten.   The final straw was when the lady came by on the lottery bike I offered to buy my girlfriend and me a lottery ticket. But she wasn't happy and wanted one for her friend plus she wanted more for her.  She did not come back to my room this day and I left in a taxi. She can find her winning lottery ticket somewhere else. 

Interesting reading lads, but dettol's date was yesterday. All replies after #22 have missed the boat with advice "what to do on my first date"

dettol ...... you still alive ?

Maybe there's someone who can check up on him? Poor lad; it's a dangerous dating world. Hope he's ok.

12 hours ago, Elkski said:

I had a girl , on like the fourth day,  I think asked if she could bring a friend to go to a temple.   What pissed me off was lunchtime at a nice Riverside seafood restaurant where this overweight friend ordered tons of food.  It wasn't so much the cost as the fact that I'm really a stickler in not wasting food and during lunch this man and his son walked along the trail beside the river looking like they were trying to catch fish or frogs or something. And they saw something in the ditch near the restaurant side of the trail and looked around to make sure no restaurant staff were looking before they jumped into the ditch to catch something smaller than half of one of the many dishes that remained on our table uneaten.   The final straw was when the lady came by on the lottery bike I offered to buy my girlfriend and me a lottery ticket. But she wasn't happy and wanted one for her friend plus she wanted more for her.  She did not come back to my room this day and I left in a taxi. She can find her winning lottery ticket somewhere else. 

I guess you're not cut out to be a milkman then?

I have dated with her yesterday.We ate our dinner in sizzler in Udon Thani.She came alone.And then we went to her friend's birthday party at her friend's home.She served me food all night at her friend's home.And then finished our first date.Not yet holding hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Relax. Be courteous and let her take the lead... and don't be surprised if she wants to bring a friend as that would be proper. If you want to be a real gentleman, you could ask her if she would like to bring a friend along. 

Many here, including myself have had a traditional courtship, which for me meant 2 months of chaperoned dates. I enjoyed meeting her friends and family too. 

Sir.Our first date she came alone and without friend.We finish dinner and then went to her friend's home for birthday party.Just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, dettol2288 said:

I have dated with her yesterday.We ate our dinner in sizzler in Udon Thani.She came alone.And then we went to her friend's birthday party at her friend's home.She served me food all night at her friend's home.And then finished our first date.Not yet holding hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

She knows that "one of the ways to a man's heart is through his stomach". 

Many Thai girls use another route. You're off to a wholesome start. 

Will there be another date ?

Bringing a friend MIGHT be okay if she asks you in advance, the friend costs you nothing, and the girl still focuses on you. What is not acceptable is the girl bringing an overweight friend without warning and expects you to pay the bill. Happened to me once, and I just went to the "toilet" and bailed.

3 minutes ago, dettol2288 said:

Sir.Our first date she came alone and without friend.We finish dinner and then went to her friend's home for birthday party.Just like that.

Getting a look at what her friends are like (and what they do/are) - and behave is a real bonus when it comes to the decisions whether or not to continue.....

I've had that good fortune.....

English is obviously not your first language.  every single girl is different... however from my personal experience thai girls are usually raised fairly conservative but that doesn't mean they are innocent and won't put out on the first or second date. 

If you want sex on the first date let her know and go from there it's that simple. ... you 2 will either wind up in bed or she will tell you to slow it down.

just don't try to kiss her in public or be a dick and try to force yourself on her.
kissing in public is a big no-no in thai culture. 

Also yes there is a possibility that she likely show up with a female friend or relative and you will be expected to pay for both of them on the date and if that happens you will more than likely have to be patient if you want sex.

If you two decide to continue dating after the frist date, and she keeps bringing a friend after 2-3 date you probably aren't her type or she is using you for something.

I read some articles on the website is same like what your said
But my Thai girl came to the first date without any friends.Just came herself.and after dinner she brought me to her friend home for birthday party.
And just that.
Our second date is today.

Archived