Issan Fishing , Prasat near Surin

superal

Kingfisher Park is set in a quiet location near the town of Prasat , 25 km from Surin . Tranquil surroundings make fishing here a pleasure , however it is not a "hook a duck" venue . It was constructed by its current owner Danny who was once a match fisherman in the UK . The pond has matured and supports various wildlife . Majority of the 9 species of fish in the pond are well established and can set a challenge to the novice . If you are an angler you will love this place for the setting , variety of fish , long spacings between the pegs which are on concrete slabs and all have sunshades . Rod hire and bait available along with food to order and soft drinks or beer . If you have a family they can relax , eat or drink under one of the chalets next to the pond whilst you fish . If you wish to stay overnight  camping is available along with shower & toilet facilities . 

Kingfisher Park is still work in progress with accommodation for anglers / guests in the plan . The website has not been completed yet but there is a page on Google search .    

Sorry , coordinates not available yet but if you Google search ---Kingfisher park Prasat Surin there is a map which should suffice also Dans phone number ,  let me know any problems and I can give you some help . The actual pond is off the main road 2019 ( there is a sign saying Kingfisher park opposite the turn off )  and up a track of 400 meters or so , first part of the track has hollows but it gets better the further you go . Dans house is visible after a minute or so left side in the distance , just stay straight on the track and you cannot miss it .

A days fishing is 100 baht ,  rod hire 50 baht , keepnet , landing net , sunshade are all free , also each peg has a concrete table/stool but I prefer to take my own chair .  Pla nin , tabtim  , are available to take home if caught ( generally 750 gram to 1.5 kg . There are other sporting fish that are normally not taken but nothing like the size of the mekong catfish . This place is as close to fishing in the UK as you will get in Thailand and is set up for the serious angler , however I fish there with limited skills and managed to hook a 1 kg pla nin on my last cast yesterday afternoon . Dan and a new guest  were fishing , Dan had 14kg and guest 11 kg 

Great info on pricing.  

And good news since a lot of the foreigner managed venues are in the 2000-10,000 baht range, all in.  Great for the occasional trip of a lifetime.  Not so great for a weekend getaway on a fixed income.

I'll take your word on the Google search.  I'm in a part of the world where Google doesn't work...  Hunting up, among other goodies, wholesale fishing tackle.

Thanks!

Archived