Have you ordered Apple products from Apple Store Thailand?

observer90210

Good morning all. For those who have ordered from Apple Store - Thailand via the internet, how was your experience? 

Did the delivery go on smoothly - any issues on finding you address if you live out of Bangkok?

Was it delivered by Thai Post or a private courrier service?

Any issues with the Apple phone support, if  you needed?

Did you need to call the official Apple Service Center and were there any language issues on communication or any refusal to assist on the problem/guarantee?

Did you use your credit card registered in your homeland or a Thai bank delivered credit or debit card?

Did all the items arrive in good condition?

Do mention any of your experiences on this issue!!

Always order my Apple products this way, never from resellers.

Always arrived when stated, by courier. All taken care of by Apple, no extra cost.

I have only had to use Apple support once over the phone (called to Singapore). They were very good, gave me a job number and sent me to icare in Chonburi. When I arrived they were expecting me. They took my MB pro and changed the battery under warranty. This is the only fault I've had and it was back in 2012.

Products I've ordered this way:
4 x iPads, 2 x iPhones, 1 x Mb pro

I order using my Apple ID with the already set up payment details.

2 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Always order my Apple products this way, never from resellers.

Always arrived when stated, by courier. All taken care of by Apple, no extra cost.

I have only had to use Apple support once over the phone (called to Singapore). They were very good, gave me a job number and sent me to icare in Chonburi. When I arrived they were expecting me. They took my MB pro and changed the battery under warranty. This is the only fault I've had and it was back in 2012.

Products I've ordered this way:
4 x iPads, 2 x iPhones, 1 x Mb pro

I order using my Apple ID with the already set up payment details.

Great!...so seems that the service of the official Apple webstore is universally efficient!?....I was a bit concerned on issues of finding the address...was not sure if by Thai Post on a courrier service and secondly was not fully sure on how efficient the Thai Post chaps would be in certain areas...Thanks for sharing!

30 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I was a bit concerned on issues of finding the address...was not sure if by Thai Post on a courrier service and secondly was not fully sure on how efficient the Thai Post chaps would be in certain areas...Thanks for sharing!

Finding addresses and getting things delivered to the house.

This is a question on it's own.

Thai Post is usually better in finding than DHL e.g.

Kerry Express is widespread and very knowledgeable.

What courier is used by Apple?

Of course it also depends on your address being properly formed and complete.

A contact telephone number should always be included.

Best case is a person that speaks Thai (family, facility manager or the like).

In worst case you need to know the contact details and location of the local warehouse of the courier to pick up the shipment there.

DHL usually delivered mine. Track online, link automatically provided by Apple when you order. Driver calls before delivery.

If you order using your Apple ID then all your contact and payment details are already in the system. Really easy.

With DHL and the tracking number you should indeed be able to find the whereabouts.

DHL does not deliver to the house in our area.

As far as I know they hand over to Kerry Express.

2 hours ago, DMC1 said:

DHL usually delivered mine. Track online, link automatically provided by Apple when you order. Driver calls before delivery.

If you order using your Apple ID then all your contact and payment details are already in the system. Really easy.

lucky you to get DHL service in your area!!:smile:

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

With DHL and the tracking number you should indeed be able to find the whereabouts.

DHL does not deliver to the house in our area.

As far as I know they hand over to Kerry Express.

oki thanks that's good to know...and would you be aware on the efficiency of Kerry Express? (and which areas are not desserved by DHL?)

My last purchases from Apple came by Thai Post, no problems... it may depend on where you live as to whether they pass it on to a courier... or even visa versa.

You might want to look at this recent thread if you are planning on using a foreign credit card, they in their wisdom will no longer allow that...:sad:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/987979-credit-cards-on-apple-website/

6 minutes ago, samuijimmy said:

My last purchases from Apple came by Thai Post, no problems... it may depend on where you live as to whether they pass it on to a courier... or even visa versa.

You might want to look at this recent thread if you are planning on using a foreign credit card, they in their wisdom will no longer allow that...:sad:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/987979-credit-cards-on-apple-website/

perhaps they want foreign credit card bearers to order from their homelands, as the prices on the Thai Apple webstore are slightly cheaper??....but I will keep this in mind and perhaps try to get hold of a Thai credit card, if I'm lucky and the bank teller is in a good mood!!!...thanks for the tip!

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

oki thanks that's good to know...and would you be aware on the efficiency of Kerry Express? (and which areas are not desserved by DHL?)

Sorry, can't give you a detailed map.

Its just from observation.

I see them in province capitols/tourist hot-spots and driving on major highways.

I can not even remember having seem in our district town.

Never seen them in the village.

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

perhaps they want foreign credit card bearers to order from their homelands, as the prices on the Thai Apple webstore are slightly cheaper??....but I will keep this in mind and perhaps try to get hold of a Thai credit card, if I'm lucky and the bank teller is in a good mood!!!...thanks for the tip!

When using the Thai online store, it includes taxes and shipping  etc .... not sure what would happen to that if order was placed in another country to be shipped here... perhaps tax in "home country" and then dinged again when arriving here,.... (?) Some how I doubt they would allow that anyway....

How about a Thai debit card instead? That's what I use with my Apple ID.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2017 at 5:50 PM, observer90210 said:

Kerry is in my experience better than DHL in Thailand. The lady from Kerry that does delivery in our area knows me and always call before she deliver, unlike DHL that didnt deliver door to door in our area and now dont even have any service available. Kerry does most of Lazadas and Chilindos delivers in the country. 

I have ordered many items from the thai online Apple Store and never had a problem. I always use my Thai Amex card, delivery is usually by one of the well known private firms. They've never had a problem finding my home in the dark side of Pattaya. The items always arrive in good condition, but on one occasion I had a problem with my new iPhone that would not connect to my wifi. I believe I spoke to someone in the USA who agreed to replace the phone, he told me to call Singapore (free number) who arranged delivery.

They actually sent me a new phone before I had returned the old phone. a few days later I received an address label to return the old phone.

I felt the service was excellent. I did try buying some stuff from one of the local official Apple resellers but as soon as I had a problem they were not interested. 

I have purchased an iPhone twice online from Apple Store Thailand. Paid by in bank transfer, (30 baht fee).

Both times went smoothly. However the last one, the courier left with the security guard despite the fact it was supposed to be signed for by me. A little scary. Didn't even call or text to tell me.

The biggest problem here in Samui is the fact that the nearest "AUTHORISED" iPhone repair centre is Surat Thani, or BKK. Plus they don't do same day service, but have to wait one month because they don't keep spares.

One thing to consider. As far as I am aware (because I couldn't manage to do it), one cannot buy AppleCare cover for the iPhone in Thailand.

It might be possible to purchase in another country within 60 days of phone purchase, but I am not 100% sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/26/2017 at 6:48 PM, observer90210 said:

With the current exchange rate, purchasing in Thailand is a bit more expensive than in the US. A new iPad 2017 9.7 inch, 32GB for example is US$329.00 on the Apple Store there while it is 12,500 baht (US$376.78) either from a reseller or direct from the Apple Thailand site. Interesting that the price from a reseller and from Apple Thailand is the same since there is no shipping cost if you do a walk in purchase at reseller.

David

With the current exchange rate, purchasing in Thailand is a bit more expensive than in the US. A new iPad 2017 9.7 inch, 32GB for example is US$329.00 on the Apple Store there while it is 12,500 baht (US$376.78) either from a reseller or direct from the Apple Thailand site. Interesting that the price from a reseller and from Apple Thailand is the same since there is no shipping cost if you do a walk in purchase at reseller.

David

On some Apple products the price in the resellers will settle to the Apple online price after a couple of months.

I always purchase online as I like the free engraving and the product gets registered to your Apple ID straight away. I don't know, I just don't seem to trust the resellers.

The US prices are really good but not everyone can pop over there and buy from US Apple stores. The price is also high in the U.K.

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2017 at 5:39 PM, Genericnic said:

David

Thai price includes taxes, US price quoted by Apple Store Online does not include taxes until you get towards check out.  That may, repeat may, account for some or most of the difference.  (the US price with taxes would unlikely be even dollars like 329.00)

Most online purchases have no shipping cost, only very small value ones have shipping costs.

Archived