Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal...

webfact

Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal...

tnews_1498454824_2729.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal when two of his Indian passengers handed over what appeared to be two British banknotes.

Manee Phujula was very busy with many passengers to think about but he still thought he was "quids in" with the two ten pound notes.

They were handed over by two Indian men.

Manee saw the picture of a woman - the Queen of England as it turns out - but there was also some Chinese writing so he figured it was probably from China.

On the back was a picture of Charles Darwin - though Tnews did not report if Manee knew who he was and why he would be on Chinese money.

However, when he later went to change the money at the bank he was told the notes were just fakes.

So he went to Pattaya police to complain.

They promised to look at CCTV to see if they could locate the Indians.

Real ten pound notes would be worth around 840 baht at the current exchange rate.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-27

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I suppose if the education system deliberately doesn't teach anything about world history or geography, an Indian paying with an English banknote from China makes perfect sense.

As he was so happy, he was probably aware of the value of 10 GBP.
The question here is how this man really can believe that 2 people want to pay almost 850 each for travel in a bath bus.

This one is as dumb as they come.

Those Indians are cheap bastards, I was on Ko larn some time back and two of them were refusing to pay for the beach chairs they were sitting on. The baht bus is only 10 baht, the driver should have woken up to the scam but the greed got the better of him. 

This should be turned around with everyone who gets ripped off by Taxi or Baht bus drivers going to the police station to complain. I would imagine the police would be happy to help

I got a fake ten pound note at a supermarket at the back of St Pancras..went to pay for a cappuccino in Selfridges and the woman called the manager over who said it was a counterfeit.Apparently she could tell by the feel of the paper and when I looked at the rest of it you would have been hard pressed to even know.Anyway got rid of it at a well known burger outlet...but certainly no Chinese writing on it..LoL!!

3 hours ago, robsamui said:

Well I suppose if the education system deliberately doesn't teach anything about world history or geography, an Indian paying with an English banknote from China makes perfect sense.

Sad, but true

Archived