Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal...

webfact

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, giddyup said:

What kind of low-life cheap charlies are the Indians for trying to scam a baht bus driver out of 20 baht?

How do you know they were Indians ? more likely to be Brits ,you been there recently ?

17 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

"Real ten pound notes would be worth around 840 baht at the current exchange rate" -  I WISH, I WISH, I WISH. That would make 84 baht = £10.

A real £10 note is worth 427 baht at today`s £ to bahts exchange rates.

If it would have been possible to have N. Farage as the UK P.M. a year ago,  we would have been out the EU.  and the now 10 quid would be worth more than 420 bht, even 520  at a guess,

Wow , they should get the entire army and police force onto this . Baht bus driver thought he had managed to scam another tourist, but got scammed himself , outrageous. The entire anti corruption force needs to get on to this . I can't believe he even complained , so funny . The next 200 people he takes . Sorry have no change , take the 20 and drive off 555

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, Blinky62 said:

Wow , they should get the entire army and police force onto this . Baht bus driver thought he had managed to scam another tourist, but got scammed himself , outrageous. The entire anti corruption force needs to get on to this . I can't believe he even complained , so funny . The next 200 people he takes . Sorry have no change , take the 20 and drive off 555

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Taxi scams Thailand,  NEVER ha ha,   BKK airport between 900 baht--1250 baht  from Pattaya    130 kilometers,   NOW SATTAHIP U.Tapao   taxi scam  1000 baht  from Pattaya   45 kilometers.       The old slogan   Amazing.....same fake money.

19 minutes ago, superal said:

How do you know they were Indians ? more likely to be Brits ,you been there recently ?

Because that's what it says in big print in the news item if you'd bothered to read it.

A Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal when two of his Indian  passengers handed over what appeared to be two British banknotes.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Because that's what it says in big print in the news item if you'd bothered to read it.

A Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal when two of his Indian  passengers handed over what appeared to be two British banknotes.

That was the drivers assumption because of their appearance , attire , speech and I doubt if he had time to discuss their nationalities, plus given the monopoly money con I would put his judgement in question . Never take everything at face values . BTW , my post was a mickey take . Sorry you missed it . 

8 minutes ago, superal said:

That was the drivers assumption because of their appearance , attire , speech and I doubt if he had time to discuss their nationalities, plus given the monopoly money con I would put his judgement in question . Never take everything at face values . BTW , my post was a mickey take . Sorry you missed it . 

As I said above, it doesn't concern me what nationality the passengers were, they would be still low-life cheap charlies for scamming a baht bus driver out of 20 baht.

A very wise man i sat next to on a bus journey from Bangkok when I was new in Thailand all those years ago once told me something Ive always remembered. He had lived for 30 years in Thailand. He said ”Westerners have a culture of guilt - They say "Im sorry" when you bump into them. But Asians and in particular Thais, have a culture of BLAME - even my wife who I love amazingly gets defensive when asked something simple like did you remember to put the garbage out”. “Yes but you didn’t move the washing up cloth off the sink”. Personally I think this is an appalling headline - it plays on the guilt of western people it should read “two Indian men rip of taxi driver for 40 baht!!!!” But then we wouldn’t read it would we??

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

As I said above, it doesn't concern me what nationality the passengers were, they would be still low-life cheap charlies for scamming a baht bus driver out of 20 baht.

Their nationality was the point of your reply to me .  Are you having a bad day ?  Lighten up pal and have a giggle and let's put it to bed .

1 minute ago, superal said:

Their nationality was the point of your reply to me .  Are you having a bad day ?  Lighten up pal and have a giggle and let's put it to bed .

Because you asked how did I know they were Indian. Try and keep up.

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Why should someone else?

10 pounds being the price for doing the right thing is a small price to pay. 

Suppose the thing is,  what is the % of tourists that would cheat or scam a Thai  ?      on the other hand what would be the % of Thai that would cheat or scam a tourist----FOOD FOR THOUGHT

8 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Suppose the thing is,  what is the % of tourists that would cheat or scam a Thai  ?      on the other hand what would be the % of Thai that would cheat or scam a tourist----FOOD FOR THOUGHT

This exchange of views, which you have chosen to join, is about someone who knowingly passed on counterfeit money in the uk. 

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

English money from China?:cheesy:   Some people deserve to get ripped off.

It was only time before the Chinese copied Bank notes...

Only thing missing is the CE logo (China Exports).

31 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

This exchange of views, which you have chosen to join, is about someone who knowingly passed on counterfeit money in the uk. 

????  UK,  I understood this happened in Thailand,  and because he looked Indian did not prove he was,  But where ever he was born   HE DID WRONG,    (we are aware of some taxi people and their antics)

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

As he was so happy, he was probably aware of the value of 10 GBP.
The question here is how this man really can believe that 2 people want to pay almost 850 each for travel in a bath bus.

This one is as dumb as they come.

OK - give me a clue - where can you change a tenner and get 850 bhat?

You did state 850 EACH and there were only 2x '£10' notes.

It's actually Chinese funeral money from Singapore or Hong Kong. Probably the former, given that the guys were 'Indian'.

Nice con.

I don't know what that is but if they didn't say it was real money, And Just handed it over then surely no crime has been committed. As even real ten pound notes are not legal tender here and they are not counterfeit then has a crime been committed?

Next time I hope they try it on the Taxi mafia.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

OK - give me a clue - where can you change a tenner and get 850 bhat?

You did state 850 EACH and there were only 2x '£10' notes.

Amazing! I you read all you will see that I admitted the amount as wrong already. I was wrong in the article from start.
However, this was never about changing or not! Wherever did you get that from?
Just maybe, it´s not only bath bus drivers that comes in dumb-wrapping.

41 minutes ago, ginjag said:

????  UK,  I understood this happened in Thailand,  and because he looked Indian did not prove he was,  But where ever he was born   HE DID WRONG,    (we are aware of some taxi people and their antics)

We are not discussing what happened in the op.

Well we weren't. 

A poster mentioned, in the past, passing on counterfeit money they had unintentionally come into. 

Archived