Pattaya baht bus driver thought he was getting a good deal...

webfact

Just now, Get Real said:

Amazing! I you read all you will see that I admitted the amount as wrong already. I was wrong in the article from start.
However, this was never about changing or not! Wherever did you get that from?
Just maybe, it´s not only bath bus drivers that comes in dumb-wrapping.

Sorry did not real all of the posts - my mistake.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all seriousness , to come here on holiday and rip off the locals - who work long hard hours for a pittance - is just wrong.

Yes I've had some nasty baht bus drivers over my 14 years here. But I've most often had polite drivers who perform a job that would drive me crazy. Pattaya traffic is insane. And to cheat a guy who has invested in a truck and licenses and works long hours is just plain wrong. If you have been ripped off by a local - understand that there are many more hard working honest Thais,  trying to make vacations for visitors a positive experience. But their hard work goes unnoticed.

Don't paint all Baht Bus drivers with the same brush just because one nasty guy gave you a hard time. I could never get a ride for so cheap in my home country. Give a smile - get a smile back.

I would agree with you but he must have been over charging them. I don't think anyone would take the risk for 20THB. And also I don't think anyone would have gone to the police for being scamed out of 20THB. So he was probably charging them 200THB each so if that Is the case I don't fill sorry for him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just now, Bluespunk said:

We are not discussing what happened in the op.

What are we discussing, you have lost me,  I answered a poster who called me an idiot, my other posts were answers regarding the scammer,    My last post agreed that it is way out of order to scam anyone,   but made a point about who is the biggest scammer and it is not the tourist.

3 minutes ago, ginjag said:

What are we discussing, you have lost me,  I answered a poster who called me an idiot, my other posts were answers regarding the scammer,    My last post agreed that it is way out of order to scam anyone,   but made a point about who is the biggest scammer and it is not the tourist.

Read on from lost 25. 

There are a series of posts about a posters personal experience regarding passing on counterfeit money. 

The posts are a little off topic from the op, but rather discuss the why's and wherefores as to the circumstances that may lead someone to pass on counterfeit currency. 

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

This exchange of views, which you have chosen to join, is about someone who knowingly passed on counterfeit money in the uk. 

I did not join in any conversation related to UK shops etc  ???   My posts are Thai topic related. What has post 25 got to do with me.  ??

33 minutes ago, ginjag said:

I did not join in any conversation related to UK shops etc  ???   My posts are Thai topic related. What has post 25 got to do with me.  ??

I don't know. 

You quoted me in post 108 and this particular conversation has gone from there. 

By quoting me you became part of the older, original conversation. 

I dont know who or why you were called an idiot, but it wasn't me. 

So you're admitting to passing counterfeit money. Nice work. And possibly some poor worker had to make up for it later?

A worker in the uk wouldn't have to make up for it in the UK. So better that Mcdonalds loose 10 quid then a hard working person. I Got given a fake 5 pound once in my local news agent (run by Indians funny enough). I didn't realise till I tried to buy something else later in the same shop. The guy said it was a fake straight away. I paid with different money then got out the shop then realised I got it of him. I went in there and a big aguarment with him because he must have known it was fake when he gave it to me. In the end he gave me 5 pound coins for it.

"Real ten pound notes would be worth around 840 baht at the current exchange rate."

not true as most of you will know actually ten pounds at todays rate is worth 433baht *2= 866.

lazy reporting

It is TV but we all know that they ment 2 10 pound notes are worth 840THB.

it is illegal to use the Queens head etc. as 'play money' but he was an idiot anyway but Thais will be Thais

But that's probably only illegal in the UK. Or maybe countries witch she is head of state in.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I don't know. 

You quoted me in post 108 and this particular conversation has gone from there. 

By quoting me you became part of the conversation. 

I dont know who or why you were called an idiot, but it wasn't me. 

I know that,   thanks for reply.     The guy even brought up the racist issue along with his nice   IDIOT remark.    Keep well, regards Tony.

So you continue to use it even after Selfridges staffs told you it was a counterfeit. You were in possession of a counterfeit note and attempt to use it- both a serious crime in Britain. You know that don't you?
I know you felt short changed when someone gave you a counterfeit so you didn't want to lose ten pound you quickly used it to buy a burger. But the law doesn't think that way, you are expected to hand it over to the police and a lot of questions and forms to fill. They try to trace or at least find out how many places the note had been circulated. They have a special team who does this work and very good at it.

Wow have you not been reading about cut backs in the police force in the uk. So you really think they can be bothered to fill out a 100 page form and take a statement and maybe luanch a investigation for one fake 10 pound note.

31 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Wow have you not been reading about cut backs in the police force in the uk. So you really think they can be bothered to fill out a 100 page form and take a statement and maybe luanch a investigation for one fake 10 pound note.

UK authorities take counterfeiting extremely seriously.

My point is the unsuspecting tourist being charged when they get to the condo---YOU SEE,   not knowing is near.  saying dumb is far too clever.      There are no meter taxis at the Jomptien bus station--OK.     I have been coming 37 years--not dumb and not complaining---have you heard the term AWARENESS---your answer is after brownie points.  YOU SEE NOT EVERYONE IS AS PATTAYA LEARNED AS YOU---get it.

Are there any meter taxi's in Pattaya , I haven't managed to find one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Get Real said:

As he was so happy, he was probably aware of the value of 10 GBP.
The question here is how this man really can believe that 2 people want to pay almost 850 each for travel in a bath bus.

This one is as dumb as they come.

He's obviously spent time  on Samui.

Wow. This poor chap lost 20 baht. He is going to suffer, and have to deal with this loss for weeks, or months.

Is this really an article? An article about the cunning of foreigners, or the crazy antics of the bus driver, by going to the police station over 20 baht? Who is more inane here? The Indian chaps were just having a good laugh. The bus driver thought he was getting over on them. Who really cares?

Several off topic posts that are trying to hijack the topic have been removed, topic is about:

Pattaya baht bus driver who thought he was getting a good deal.

15 hours ago, Get Real said:

As he was so happy, he was probably aware of the value of 10 GBP.
The question here is how this man really can believe that 2 people want to pay almost 850 each for travel in a bath bus.

This one is as dumb as they come.

this is a Bath bus, Thailand has Baht buses, and it would only be 420 BAHT for a tenner

Leyl_Leop_L136TAE_Bath.jpg

14 hours ago, DekDaeng said:

My guess is he gave change - in which case he is out, bigly. Even yugely, relative.

....and/or he may have borrowed on the notes as well - spent baht buss bahts in advance for a quickie in soi 6 prior to visit the bank to cover up the minus...damn....;)

11 hours ago, ginjag said:

If it would have been possible to have N. Farage as the UK P.M. a year ago,  we would have been out the EU.  and the now 10 quid would be worth more than 420 bht, even 520  at a guess,

I voted for UKIP and although not an American I am a staunch supporter of Donald Trump. 

19 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's play money not actually counterfeit.  Counterfeit doesn't have glaring in your face intentional mistakes.

yes it could only be british nationals of  indians  origin , only they could be bothered ripping off a baht bus 

proper british nationals would pay with thai money , i do hope they catch them and whip them in the metro square 

8 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

this is a Bath bus, Thailand has Baht buses, and it would only be 420 BAHT for a tenner

Leyl_Leop_L136TAE_Bath.jpg

Oh, dear! When is that going to stop. I have said I was wrong with the value calculations 2 times already. Number one is like bother to read before you post.
The second one is that you might need to Google Bath bus. This is an ordinary bus.
However, everything else that you didn´t write was all correct and relevant. Thanks for your massive input.

Archived