Image of the United States has plunged under Trump, survey shows

webfact

April 2016, Trump shouts; "We're gonna beat ISIS very, very quickly, folks. It's gonna be fast. I have a great plan. It's going to be great."

That's just one of scores of broken promises Trump has made to his mega-gullible fans.  Didn't his mama ever tell him it's not good to tell lies?  If she did, it didn't sink in.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

"Trump is president because of Clinton Inc"

It's looking more and more like Trump is president because of Russia Inc.

T

Trump is president because he knew how to get the masses fired up. Sadly, it was with lies, patriotic nonsense and populist promises. Sadly, many fell for this nonsense and we're paying the price for it now.

Trump is president because he knew how to get the masses fired up. Sadly, it was with lies, patriotic nonsense and populist promises. Sadly, many fell for this nonsense and we're paying the price for it now.

Yes tragically we're going to paying the price for a very long time.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

So true.  Trump's ridiculous campaign rhetoric worked.  He said HRC would take everyone's guns away.  He said all sorts of vindictive untrue things about HRC.  Any halfway knowledgeable or reasonable person knew they were lies.  But Trump voters thought it was a WWF-style reality show, and were rooting for the 300 lb dufus to win.  And that's what they got.   The 'Let's Make America Great Again' candidate who is doing many things now to debilitate America.   And Trump fans are so fixated on the stupid parts of their brains, that they're still supporting Putin's puppet.

4 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

A hot button for me, some people with autism are called 'retarded', I know, I was called 'retarded' or worse. I do know the VA Healthcare System is poor. I go there every week. I would contend Trump is not the cause or solution for better Healthcare in the United States. It's not even politics, it's the culture. The culture would need to change before the politics. You are also granting more influence or power to Trump than he can exercise, either constitutionally or politically. He's already a lame president walking. How come universal healthcare works in Europe, well the US is not Europe. How come when I had a great job with a great company with premium healthcare for my family, I didn't pay taxes on that compensation. Why do Public Sector retirees get free healthcare for life. How can Non-Profit Hospitals revenue go to over pay or over staff with administrators. And, every congressman or senator has reelections to fund some by Phama or the Healthcare Industry and they also need to pander for votes. Somewhere we lost a sense of common good. Trump will pass. Though you don't need to look far at maybe Amazon, Apple, Google or the MIC that we are still a nation mostly wanting to make a buck, more the better. 

I am grateful for a well considered reply and getting back on topic.

Donald Trump warns Robert Mueller not to probe his family's finances beyond Russia investigation

Trump is even making threats to Mueller now.

Mr Trump appeared to threaten Mr Mueller, suggesting he had damaging information on the former FBI director.

He said Mr Mueller's selection for the job was a conflict of interest because he had interviewed him to serve as the replacement FBI director.

"There were many other conflicts that I haven't said, but I will at some point," Mr Trump said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller-russia-investigation-family-finances-business-jr-emails-jeff-sessions-a7850616.html

Somehow I think Mueller will push as far as he likes. I am sure he has enough dirt to impeach Trump already. I also think after Trump's slurs to the intelligence community and the way in which he sacked Comey that Mueller and the FBI will make it their mission to bury Trump and have him in jail completely penny-less. 

Trump Rages at Jeff Sessions in New York Times Interview

"WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump told The New York Times in an interview Wednesday that he never would have appointed Jeff Sessions as attorney general had he known Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation."

"In an extraordinary denouncement of one of his earliest backers in Washington, Trump said Sessions' decision to recuse himself from all matters related to Russia was "very unfair to the president."

"He lobbed similar conflict of interest charges at acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and accused former FBI Director James Comey of briefing him on a dossier of unverified, incriminating information in an effort to gain leverage over the soon-to-be president."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-rages-jeff-sessions-new-york-times-interview-n784676

The occupier of the White House publicly disparages his own team.

He still doesn't get it.

They don't work for him.

They do not owe him their loyalty.

He is deep in the bunker.

Image of the United States indeed.

Sad state of affairs...

23 minutes ago, iReason said:

Trump Rages at Jeff Sessions in New York Times Interview

"WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump told The New York Times in an interview Wednesday that he never would have appointed Jeff Sessions as attorney general had he known Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation."

"In an extraordinary denouncement of one of his earliest backers in Washington, Trump said Sessions' decision to recuse himself from all matters related to Russia was "very unfair to the president."

"He lobbed similar conflict of interest charges at acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and accused former FBI Director James Comey of briefing him on a dossier of unverified, incriminating information in an effort to gain leverage over the soon-to-be president."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-rages-jeff-sessions-new-york-times-interview-n784676

The occupier of the White House publicly disparages his own team.

He still doesn't get it.

They don't work for him.

They do not owe him their loyalty.

He is deep in the bunker.

Image of the United States indeed.

Sad state of affairs...

Sessions recused himself because there was a clear conflict of interest. When Trump publicly criticizes Sessions for doing the right thing, the message he is sending—from the highest office in the land—is that public servants should do the wrong thing, if that's what he wants them to do, regardless of the law. 

He still doesn't understand what public service means. It's ALWAYS all about him, and what *he* wants.

T

7 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Sessions recused himself because there was a clear conflict of interest. When Trump publicly criticizes Sessions for doing the right thing, the message he is sending—from the highest office in the land—is that public servants should do the wrong thing, if that's what he wants them to do, regardless of the law. 

He still doesn't understand what public service means. It's ALWAYS all about him, and what *he* wants.

T

I think the over riding factor for Sessions was that he knew Trump would put him in a compromising position in regards to the Russian collusion case. That's obviously what he tried to do with Comey in asking for his loyalty.

Talking about well played Mrs Abe got the short straw and had to sit next to the creep at the G-20 dinner. Her ploy for not having to speak to him was golden.

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/japans-first-lady-pretends-not-to-speak-english-rather-than-chat-with-donald-trump/wcm/580d98eb-2d08-4d3e-bd0a-c6cd65709329

On 19/07/2017 at 0:36 PM, craigt3365 said:

Also paying the price well into the future. Look up "The one area where Trump has been wildly successful"; plus of course Trump's ongoing attacks on Federal appointees not towing the line with putting his personal interests first with recent criticism of Sessions and others.

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Also paying the price well into the future. Look up "The one area where Trump has been wildly successful"; plus of course Trump's ongoing attacks on Federal appointees not towing the line with putting his personal interests first with recent criticism of Sessions and others.

I guess we'd call that stacking the deck in his favor.  Chilling.

27 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Of course Bush never put the interests of his family's oil business first when invading an innocent Middle Eastern country. What are Americans so forgetful?  

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:
30 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Of course Bush never put the interests of his family's oil business first when invading an innocent Middle Eastern country. What are Americans so forgetful?  

No worries, Bush is in there on the worst list. Only Trump has surpassed him by being bigly worser in some respects. While embarrasses himself (and America), and  while many in this WH are running around like headless chickens, some in Trump's team are quietly "getting things done" (if you know what I mean), like the anti-environmentalist Scot Pruit of the EPA

T

Just now, Thakkar said:

No worries, Bush is in there on the worst list. Only Trump has surpassed him by being bigly worser in some respects. While embarrasses himself (and America), and  while many in this WH are running around like headless chickens, some in Trump's team are quietly "getting things done" (if you know what I mean), like the anti-environmentalist Scot Pruit of the EPA

T

How can you say what Bush did was not as bad as Trump. Bush should be in jail. Bloosy hypocrites. Those war crimes were beyond words and they whole world is still paying for it. Yet a few ignoramuses in the USA  just are sore losers and not giving Trump a fair go. Trump is a saint compared to past presidents.

2 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

How can you say what Bush did was not as bad as Trump. Bush should be in jail. Bloosy hypocrites. Those war crimes were beyond words and they whole world is still paying for it. Yet a few ignoramuses in the USA  just are sore losers and not giving Trump a fair go. Trump is a saint compared to past presidents.

As to "Bush should be in jail" —no arguments from me. He should.

A lot of the same people who publicly supported Bush (and now sheepishly avoid talking about him) are loudly supporting Trump. Bush isn't president today. Trump is, so he is the current clear and present danger because of his constant lying, erratic behavior, seemingly short attention span, idiotic public utterances, disregard for protocol, suspected ties to the kremlin, constant threats to the press, nepotism, conflicts of interest, gross inexperience, seeming unwillingness to learn, short memory, and I could go on and on but you've probably stopped reading by now because Trump supporters don't want to face the facts am I still typing I think I should stop as no doubt you really have stopped reading and I'm just trailing along as Trump does...

T

9 hours ago, Thakkar said:

And now Trump complains that Mueller can't run an impartial investigation because of his conflicts of interest.

It's got to be dementia.  That's the only explanation that makes sense.

Just now, attrayant said:

And now Trump complains that Mueller can't run an impartial investigation because of his conflicts of interest.

Why the hell did you vote a successful businessman into office and now complain? Of course he's going to have conflict of interests. For God's sake that's bloddy obvious.

What makes you think I wouldn't read? I agree with you. It's the ignorant Yanks that annoy me, the ones that voted for the Bushes, believed Saddam Hussein was evil, and don't know how the Yanks set up Gadaffi, who was innocent etc.

Without sounding like an apologist for Qaddafi, you are right: he was set up. That's why there is no hope of Kim Jong Un giving up his nuclear weapons thus making the world more dangerous, not less.

You read to the end?? You are a braver man than I, Gunga Din because, like James Joyce,  I couldn't possibly have been reading what I was writing.

T

Which "successful businessman" would that be?

Anyway, the majority of the population didn't vote this president in - 306 state electors did.  Those electors are supposed to be a circuit breaker for the process, in the event of situations exactly like this one.  But it didn't work.

3 minutes ago, attrayant said:

If you are making any sense of what's going on with this sh!tshow, you must be smoking something good and I'd like to be your friend so you'd share it with me. Please. 

T

8 minutes ago, attrayant said:

It may be early onset of dementia, but it could well be in combination with other things.

Trump cheats, lies, calls the US Press Corps "the enemy of the people" (p.s. Kruschev chastised USSR media for using that phrase), knowingly.   To what degree is Trump saying/doing harmful-to-America things consciously, and to what degree unwittingly?  If it's unwittingly, then it's dementia.  If it's not dementia, then he's knowingly doing/saying things which harm himself, his family, and most alrmingly, harming the American people and its natural environment.  I think he's basically mean, ignorant and vindictive.  I don't know what psychiatrists would call it.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

What Bush did was bad.  But you are comparing apples and oranges.  What Trump is doing now is way worse than what Bush ever did.  Iraq war aside.  Thus, the low image of the US globally. Calling Trump a saint is just plain bizarre! LOL

Calling Trump a saint is like calling liquid dog poop, chocolate pudding.

The Mexicans and Canadians I know like it. You are avoiding the question again.

WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE THAT IS WORSE THAN BUSH INVADING IRAQ and causing the deaths of millions of innocents? 

Two wrongs are two wrongs.  One does not have to be worse than the other, for them both to be bad presidents.  One difference between Bush Jr. and Trump is:   Bush tried to do what was best for the US.  In contrast, Trump is doing what's best for Russia, and is undermining cherished US institutions, like the Constitution, Openness to immigrants, National Park husbandry, respect for the Judiciary, etc.   Bush Jr. never tried to undermine such things.  

You've got to read this.  I try not to listen to Trump's talk live.  I can't take it.  But it's worthwhile to see how he talks.  He's got not clue of what's going on.  Or, just doesn't care.  He doesn't sound like a smart person.  Something's wrong.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview/index.html

President Trump's 35 most eye-popping quotes in his interview with the New York Times

(CNN)President Donald Trump sat down for a nearly hour-long interview with The New York Times -- you know, the one he has repeatedly called "failing" -- on Wednesday. And he went off on, well, everything.

It's just scary this is the POTUS.

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You've got to read this.  I try not to listen to Trump's talk live.  I can't take it.  But it's worthwhile to see how he talks.  He's got not clue of what's going on.  Or, just doesn't care.  He doesn't sound like a smart person.  Something's wrong.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview/index.html

It's just scary this is the POTUS.

From his NYT interview:

TRUMP: But what it does, Maggie, it means it gets tougher and tougher. As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, “I want my insurance.” It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of.

Huh? And, huh??  The poor man is addled. Yet the Republicans in congress refuse to see it. It isn't even "the emperor's new clothes" anymore. More like "the emperor's new straight jacket"

Sigh.

T

40 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

From his NYT interview:

TRUMP: But what it does, Maggie, it means it gets tougher and tougher. As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, “I want my insurance.” It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of.

Huh? And, huh??  The poor man is addled. Yet the Republicans in congress refuse to see it. It isn't even "the emperor's new clothes" anymore. More like "the emperor's new straight jacket"

Sigh.

T

Continuing down the huh? path:

"So his deputy [Sessions] hardly knew, and that's Rosenstein, Rod Rosenstein, who is from Baltimore. There are very few Republicans in Baltimore, if any. So, he's from Baltimore."

That sound you just heard was subtlety going out the window.
Here's Trump's logic: He doesn't know Rosenstein --→ Rosenstein is from Baltimore -→ There are no Republicans in Baltimore -→ Rosenstein is a Democrat -→ Democrats hate Trump so Rosenstein must be biased against him -→ Rosenstein appointing a special counsel on the Russia investigation is totally partisan.

:blink:
TrumpWorld logic...

12 minutes ago, iReason said:

Continuing down the huh? path:

"So his deputy [Sessions] hardly knew, and that's Rosenstein, Rod Rosenstein, who is from Baltimore. There are very few Republicans in Baltimore, if any. So, he's from Baltimore."

That sound you just heard was subtlety going out the window.
Here's Trump's logic: He doesn't know Rosenstein --→ Rosenstein is from Baltimore -→ There are no Republicans in Baltimore -→ Rosenstein is a Democrat -→ Democrats hate Trump so Rosenstein must be biased against him -→ Rosenstein appointing a special counsel on the Russia investigation is totally partisan.

:blink:
TrumpWorld logic...

Also, what seems to be an essential prerequisite for even that (and every Trump) loony logic: there HAS to be a lie at the very heart of it. Rosenstein isn't from Baltimore.

T

Archived